Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7
Oct 19, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #2,101 of 9,173
  Arrgghhh!!! Such contradictory impressions!

I know, I know.....

I'm listening to Corinne Bailey Rae as we speak, and I'm moved....

I'll listen again with my HD650s I guess, just to make sure.

Oct 19, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #2,102 of 9,173
I reckon it was good of them to come out with an entire kit. That is how it is presented in the stores. We're still going to nit-pick though! It's what we do! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 19, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #2,103 of 9,173
I'm agreeing with this simple description so far, and I'm moving up the food chain to this (well lateral considering the TH600s and RS1e), whereas Currawong is moving "down" to these.  That has to be worth something.

I'm really getting curious about what the Kimber Kables would bring to the table, because I might be craving just a bit more treble.  I'm still convinced the best of what the Z7 has to offer must come from a Kimber Kable fed PHA-3.  Maybe only Sony engineers would agree with me on that, but heck its nice to be agreed with by someone......
that pha-3 will get you no more treble. Look at the impedence graph.
Flat as a pancake.

Oct 19, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #2,105 of 9,173
Maybe. I hope the cable is tuned to elevate the highs and then specifically tuned to elevate that dip in the mids too. Gonna be one heck of a specifically voiced cable.

Oct 19, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #2,107 of 9,173
Actually I find a lot of differences in opinions on them but who cares. No one needs to feel jaded just keep reading until you can discern what is good for you or not. Then buy it or keep it moving.  

Well said my Oregon bud.

No headphone is perfect for everyone.

I'm no golden ears nor can I describe what "wet, lean, dry, rolled off, etc ad nauseum) nor do I want to but I know what I like. And I'm not a nit picker.

This is a really good headphone.

Build quality is top notch.

Comfort is top notch.

Jude is right IMO that it can compete with TH900. Better mids than it for sure.

Fed out of vintage speaker amps these are very impressive. Fed out of an iPod/Digizoid ZO3 they are very impressive. I like them a lot. So sue me.

Still have not found a weakness, sorry gents.

Try things for yourself. Don't roller coaster based on the latest post. Especially if post was not done by someone who OWNS these.

Soundsgoodtome, if a Portland/Seattle meet ever happens I'll have these along with LA-7000, maybe HE-6 if a capable amp is available.

Have a great day! You all add something to Head Fi that matters. Thanks for that.

Oct 19, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #2,108 of 9,173
Well said my Oregon bud.

I'm no golden ears nor can I describe what "wet, lean, dry, rolled off, etc ad nauseum) nor do I want to but I know what I like. And I'm not a nit picker.

Comfort is top notch.

Fed out of vintage speaker amps these are very impressive. Fed out of an iPod/Digizoid ZO3 they are very impressive. I like them a lot. So sue me.

Try things for yourself. Don't roller coaster based on the latest post. Especially if post was not done by someone who OWNS these.

Soundsgoodtome, if a Portland/Seattle meet ever happens I'll have these along with LA-7000, maybe HE-6 if a capable amp is available.

Have a great day! You all add something to Head Fi that matters. Thanks for that.

^^^^WINNING!

biggrin.gif

HS

Oct 19, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #2,110 of 9,173
  What I love is that these are made in Japan, its nice to see someone other than the Chinese building electronics. 
I forget, but the Z7 does not come with a pouch? or case?

Headphone, 2 cables, and instructions, that's it.....

I'll be using the Slappa Hardbody Pro for transportation, not that it'll leave the house much till I have a shorter cable for it....

Oct 19, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #2,112 of 9,173
Well said my Oregon bud.

Comfort is top notch.

Words of wisdom dude. Tired of lonesome weirdos comments here!

Oct 19, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #2,113 of 9,173
I'll be using the Slappa Hardbody Pro for transportation, not that it'll leave the house much till I have a shorter cable for it....

Ditto. Therein is the only "weakness" thus far. Cable is too long for portable use. And yes, I think these could be used portably.

Oct 19, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #2,114 of 9,173
For God's sake get off of it you guys lmao. The roller coaster didn't start with me I was just the first one to express my concern and try to get more answers for me and the other people curious about these.

Oct 19, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #2,115 of 9,173

Comfort is top notch.

Yes, plain English. Just the way I like it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back