Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7
Sep 27, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #1,096 of 9,173

Where does someone say that 'don't isolate much'? Can you please send me the link to the review that states that.

Competitors? The Fostex TH900 is one. In terms of isolation from ambient noise, the Sony MDR-Z7 seems about as closed (which is to say not super-closed) as the big Fostex. In term of its signature, the Sony is more even-handed; and whereas I couldn't see the TH900 being used for monitoring in a studio environment, I won't be surprised to see the Sony MDR-Z7 in studios.

Yes, I can see now where Jude references isolation. I missed it because I wanted to I guess. I was hoping it did a decent job, maybe 80% filtering out ambient noises.....not going to be so. Mine will probably arrive while I'm traveling so won't know till after the 16th...shucks!

Sep 27, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #1,100 of 9,173
^^nomax says isolation is great. I am mainly concerned with leakage. 

Isolation is very very good,its the Same as my Fostex ALPHA DOG

NOMAX

Sep 27, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #1,101 of 9,173
Isolation is very very good,its the Same as my Fostex ALPHA DOG

NOMAX

G-d bless you  
atsmile.gif
......   Thanks for all your posts, I'm sure all H.F's  appreciate it as I do.  
beerchug.gif

Sep 27, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #1,102 of 9,173
Sony is really doing hard to make a good headphone, and this time they do really achieve it!

Pleasing sound, superb build quality, cool looking model, super comfortable to use,  not "super-scary-expensive" price, what else you need?

Sep 27, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #1,103 of 9,173
I wonder if there will be on sale by page 100? 
tongue.gif

I'm quite enthused by the first impressions. Most interesting thread on headphones subforum for a bit for sure.

Sep 27, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #1,106 of 9,173

IMO the answer is YES. There is a chance of the price going up so soon but that is not as great as availability. I know for a fact that the first 2 deliveries Amazon will receive are sold out. 

Just curious, how do you know this?  I have a pre-order with Amazon currently...

Sep 27, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #1,107 of 9,173
@hawaiibadboy already eased my insecurities about the bass calling it a holy grail for bassheads

I want to see comparisons of headphones in its price range but not too highly above it.

The following comparisons, though they will prob never happen would be freaking awesome.

Z7 mids vs Vibro
Z7 soundstage/imaging vs or th600 or AD or dx1000
Z7 transparency vs Pandora Hope VI
Z7 highs vs any of these
Z7 detail vs AD
Z7 bass vs th600,denon dxxxx

Sep 27, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #1,108 of 9,173
Could you please compare Alpha Dog and Sony MDR-z7 ? To get the hype train going ...! :wink:  

The sound tunning/Signature from ALPHA DOG its more for REAL AUDIOPHILES
SONY'S Z7 is more a FUNNY HP because it has much much more bass

I prefer the Z7 for mobile use because it LOOKS GREAT,light to wear(you can Fell the Air)and Isolation is perfekt
I must say it again the PADS are realy Amazing ,you can see it here in my Second Video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zxWE9-Tm56c

NOMAX

Sep 27, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #1,109 of 9,173
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zxWE9-Tm56c

NOMAX

Sep 27, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #1,110 of 9,173
@hawaiibadboy already eased my insecurities about the bass calling it a holy grail for bassheads

I want to see comparisons of headphones in its price range but not too highly above it.

The following comparisons, though they will prob never happen would be freaking awesome.

Z7 mids vs Vibro
Z7 soundstage/imaging vs or th600 or AD or dx1000
Z7 transparency vs Pandora Hope VI
Z7 highs vs any of these
Z7 detail vs AD
Z7 bass vs th600,denon dxxxx

Unfortunately, timing wont allow me to do a "TH600 vs Z7", as my Fostex phones are being shipped to Mark Lawton.  So, it'll have to be done by memory.  And it might no be fair to do a "Level 2 Lawton mod TH600 vs stock Z7"......

....or is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back