Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5
Nov 12, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #3,736 of 5,810

Love the gobs of details these produce (24/96) Bach Clavier-Übung I die Sechs Partiten / Martin Gester, Very well recorded and mastered, lovely sound for a German Harpsichord very warm instrument sound unlike french and flemish which can be strindent -sounding harpsichords. The hall used for recording has a nice sense of space... can't wanit to try this álbum on my WM1A. For me Z5s are flagship product of sony

Nov 12, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #3,740 of 5,810
Thanks, guys for valuable. Went for the SE215m+ recently, sounds not bad at all with remarkable isolation and regconisable sound from Shure, warm and forward, the top end is very well controlled (better than many. The effective noise blocking from these somehow made me question the quality of z5 so I had to switch back to the z5 right away. Guess what? Oh Lord, totally forgot how the Shure sound lol, how much I love these sweet sounds and details (both tested straight out of my iphone 6s using lightning to 3.5mm adapter I got from my friend) realize how good our Z5s are, saving for PHA-3 and the upgrade balanced cable to see its full capacity, just can't wait!!!

And the cable from Shure with inline mic of this special edition works fine on z5 but make it sound a bit less premium: more forward, less details, a bit colored and narrow down the soundstage compared to the stock cable. Not much but of course noticeable for z5 fans.

Plus, my friend is coming back from Japan and I am considering getting him help with a pair of EX1000 or EX800ST/7550. I did read some comparisons between them and the Z5 somewhere this thread but seemed like it was too soon for a adequate impression of the Z5. Can anyone tell me how do those legends sound compare to the z5? Superior or inferior? Are the sound signatures different?

Thanks, Linh.

I have the chance to own both. For me, the XBA Z5 has a deeper bass and the tonal is a lot warmer compare to the legend EX 1000. As for the EX 1000, it is well known for it's high and revealing treble, the mid is beautiful and the bass is still deep but not as the Z5. I enjoyed both of them.

If you have the chance, please try the EX 1000 too .

Quan Bui

Nov 14, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #3,743 of 5,810
I have the chance to own both. For me, the XBA Z5 has a deeper bass and the tonal is a lot warmer compare to the legend EX 1000. As for the EX 1000, it is well known for it's high and revealing treble, the mid is beautiful and the bass is still deep but not as the Z5. I enjoyed both of them.

If you have the chance, please try the EX 1000 too .

Quan Bui

Nice to meet another Vietnamese on Head-fi :wink: Thank you very much for sharing, I'd love to get the EX1000 but the EX800ST is just half the price and thought to be on par with ex1000 by many others so I think I will try it first and save the EX1000 for later :D

P/s: Anh/Bạn Quân đang ở đâu nhỉ hehe

Nov 14, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #3,744 of 5,810
Nice to meet another Vietnamese on Head-fi
wink.gif
Thank you very much for sharing, I'd love to get the EX1000 but the EX800ST is just half the price and thought to be on par with ex1000 by many others so I think I will try it first and save the EX1000 for later
biggrin.gif

P/s: Anh/Bạn Quân đang ở đâu nhỉ hehe

Haha, it is my pleasure too. Actually, I have the lucky to own the EX 800 ST too and it is really competitive to the EX 1000 in the sound department.I only prefer the EX 1000 because of the magnesium case, for the sound, I like them in both ways.

P/s: chào bạn, hiện giờ mình đang sống ở Seattle bạn, còn mình có thể hỏi bạn đang ở thành phố nào không nhỉ :).

Nov 14, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #3,745 of 5,810
Z5 really are excellent iems. I truly enjoy all 4 Sony IEMS I own.

1. Ex800st
2. Ex1000 /Z5 (depending on mood but usually the ex1000)
4. Sony xb90ex (highly underrated just needs serious power).

Xb90ex by far best bang for buck.

I'd. Like to try some of their other IEMs, but don't see the need, just strictly out of curiosity.

Nov 14, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #3,746 of 5,810
Thank you guys for sharing, will grab the ex800st asap. By that time, really enjoy the Z5 day by day. Just want to share that the iPad Pro 9.7 sound really really good (and loud) compare the 6s (which is already very good for a phone), it can amazingly drive the z5 directly and can go very loud (just need 50 - 60% volume for a comfortable level)

@xba3 Em/Mình (sn 90) lại ở tận UK :D tiếc quá chưa giao lưu đc rồi.

Nov 14, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #3,747 of 5,810
There is a tape mod for the ex800st too. Really turns them into major basshead IEMS. If that's your thing. They hit harder than anything I've heard, only exception, asg g2/2.5, which is very close.

The ex800st currently rank number 3 in my iem stable. Have to compare with my Vegas, buy I think I'll prefer the ex800st.

Nov 15, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #3,749 of 5,810
Thank you guys for sharing, will grab the ex800st asap. By that time, really enjoy the Z5 day by day. Just want to share that the iPad Pro 9.7 sound really really good (and loud) compare the 6s (which is already very good for a phone), it can amazingly drive the z5 directly and can go very loud (just need 50 - 60% volume for a comfortable level)

@xba3 Em/Mình (sn 90) lại ở tận UK
biggrin.gif
tiếc quá chưa giao lưu đc rồi.

You will love the sound from EX 800 ST :wink:.

Thế phải gọi là chị rồi ta , em sn 1996 :). Khi nào về Việt Nam! thì giao lưu ạ :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back