Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5
Jul 7, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #3,301 of 5,810
I have to say, I really like the Z5 with the upgraded cable. It's probably in my top 5. I don't have my EX800st to do abing with right now, so I can't say which I like better. I have to look for the original stock cable to compare a little more.

Overall, with the upgraded cable it sounds more cohesive and the bass is tighter going from memory. I just know I didn't like the sound at all with the stock cable.

I still prefer both of my Tralucent IEMs over it, but at those prices it's not fair. Another great job by Sony.

I would love to see your top 5 list if you don't mind sharing it :)

Jul 7, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #3,304 of 5,810
Yes, they are mostly basshead IEMS or bass heavy IEMS. The Sony ex1000 is tricky, it's a studio monitor not tuned to be basshead. You can do some magic with the eq, but otherwise it's not basshead. The Plus 5 is not basshead either, but it hits pretty damn hard.

Jul 7, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #3,309 of 5,810
A great song to download is O Mare E Tu by Andrea Bocelli & Dulce Pontes. You will truly enjoy how the thunder kick bass drops into the song. The song is like a spanish/Italian Flamenco. The vocals by both the male and female are spectacular. Im paired with the Sony ZX2, the Fiio E12 and the Sony Z5 unbalanced. Wow!

Jul 7, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #3,310 of 5,810
ZZZZZZZZZZZ :crescent_moon::last_quarter_moon_with_face::last_quarter_moon_with_face:

Jul 8, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #3,311 of 5,810
Btw I wanted to ask from pictures it seems to me that the ex1000 is a mix of plastic and magnesium ? Whilst the z5 is all magnesium ? Could you confirm !? And is the z5 much heavier ? Hope comfort is good with these ?

Yes, they are mostly basshead IEMS or bass heavy IEMS. The Sony ex1000 is tricky, it's a studio monitor not tuned to be basshead. You can do some magic with the eq, but otherwise it's not basshead. The Plus 5 is not basshead either, but it hits pretty damn hard.

Jul 9, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #3,315 of 5,810
So pulled the trigger and ordered the z5's using the code. I received the package today and was in the box except the z5 units themselves! The cables and ear buds were in the box and that is all. Anyone have a similar experience with BuyDig.com?

What i only bought a Nikon lens from there, am in NJ so i got it the same day and it was brand new in the box. I hope everything get resolved quick and hope you get to keep the box you got today for the inconvenience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back