Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5
Jul 13, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #3,331 of 5,805
  I want to update anyone interested in my issue with Buydig.com.  they are denying my claim after several emails and phone calls they are telling me that my claim is unfounded. They said that FedEx confirmed the weight of the package they sent me was 1.05lbs and that is what it should weigh with everything in the carton. So I took the carton back to FedEx and had them weigh it and it weighed 1.05lbs. I went back to Buydig.com with the information and they told me they are not honoring my claim. I told them that I want to return the carton to them so that they can verify the weight for themselves and they are not interested. This is the first time in my life, and I'm 63, that a retailer has ever treated me this way and I have never experienced this type of issue before.  they are not willing to recognize the fact that one of their employees, either took the earphones out of the box, or that a customer returned a box without them and no-one there checked before sending them to me. So unless they change their tune, YOU SHOULD THINK TWICE ABOUT BUYING ANYTHING FROM THEM! They are not prepared to stand behind their name or guarantee customer satisfaction. 

Thats why  prefer to buy from amazon, I got a lost package of a CD boxset and was a swift to claim my money back

Jul 13, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #3,332 of 5,805
Jul 15, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #3,336 of 5,805
I bought through PayPal so I have filed a claim through them and put my negative experience on buydig's Facebook page. Waiting for a response from both.

Hope all goes well for you, i bought a pair of MDR-Z7 and got them stolen by mail crew in mexico.

The case went for month and paypal didn't help me out at all because the money transaction was made through a seller who has no paypal store from't (made with a head.fier) both me and the headfier to whom i bought the hedphones went for months and paypal unwiligness to pay me

ultimatey paypayl claimed against me and i didnt had buyers protection in this case because i made a a money transfer to a person

Fortunately he insured the cans and well this last week of july we're getting our money back, he'll trnsfer it to me as a return

Jul 19, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #3,338 of 5,805
I have xba a3 sound really very good, is z5 will be good upgrad?
My music
Chillout , deep trance
DAP lg v10
Amp dac dragonfly red

Thx

Jul 21, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #3,341 of 5,805
If you like the difference in the signature it will be a worth while upgrade since the Z5 is also made out of metal versus plastic plus it comes with the option to use a balanced cable that definitely is worth using. The signature difference is discussed in other posts by people who have heard both models. In short the Z5 has more midrange presence with softer bass and treble as compared to the A3 which has a more pronounced V shaped signature.

Jul 25, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #3,342 of 5,805
Hope you can get back your money soon!
I finally got a refund from buydig's.com. they realized that the weight of the package they sent me clearly indicated that the earphones were not in the box and they were not new either because it was an open box.
I ordered a pair from eBay as no other retailers except Amazon stocks them any longer.

Jul 25, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #3,343 of 5,805
Glad they finally realized their mistake. You will enjoy them when the finally arrive :).

Jul 25, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #3,344 of 5,805
Thanks dweaver.  I currently have Shure 535's but thanks to your great review of the z5s and others in the forum I am looking forward to a step up in sound.  I am going to pair them with my ZX2 which I am very happy with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back