1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5

First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last
  1. HiFiGuy528
    Didn't like the Z5, LOVED it!  Used my iPhone 6 with it cause I was getting ready to pack up the booth.  If I had more time I would have used the AK120II in my backpack.  I was blown away by how amazing the Z5 sounded.  The resolution was beyond anything I heard without any hint of sibilance.  Low frequencies are well defined, not boomy or muddy at all listening to electric guitar.  Sony could charge $1499 for the Z5 and I would still buy it.  At $699, it's a no brainer!

My comment about isolation is not about noise isolation.  It's in reference to having the same feeling as being in a anechoic chamber.  You can hear your heart beat.  :)

warrior1975 likes this.
  2. joey99
    Thanks a lot guys! for making me empty my wallet once again!
    I now want both the Z5 and Z7. Can't wait to hear them for myself.

3. HiFiGuy528

Get Z5 first.  Hold on the Z7...

Stay subscribed to my channel for unboxing/first look.  Should be ready in a couple of days.  :)

joey99 likes this.
  4. joey99
    can't wait! looking forward to it.

5. Kunlun
    Looking forward to it.

6. Wnuwk Siphon

Hi HiFiGuy, thanks for your enthusiastic impressions! Could you maybe elaborate a bit on the electric guitar part? How distorted are the guitars you listened to..? Did you listen to any metal? I'd be very intersted to find out how these little buggers perform with that kind of music. My wallet isn't, by the way. [​IMG]

7. fnkcow
    Any explanation to why Sony still stick to the god-awful housing design after so many generations? Surely that can't be the only way to house hybrids to achieve amazing sound. That housing pretty much relegates it to in-house use only if I were to have it...[​IMG] 

8. warrior1975
    Damn... I have to try these... Hopefully they will be released soon in the US.

9. AUDIOBREEDER
    For the price it cam down to, there will be none like this ever!

10. Malevolent

Yeah, I can't agree enough. They are so TripleFi like in design. They may sound fantastic, but they will look funny on you.

With that said, I am real stoked to try the Z5.

11. Wnuwk Siphon

Nowhere near as funny as a pair of Beats™ and half the planet is walking around with those... I don't think anyone will notice them. [​IMG]

12. M-13
    Wow Mike. Color me intrigued.

I'm probably gonna get the K3003 anyway, but yeah I guess I'll pick up the Z5 too when it's available to see for myself. Exciting [​IMG]

13. Tr1ppy
    Just seen the old H1 on amazon uk for £50
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00F0CQJFI/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1413448575&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

Do you guys think its worth getting them at this price? Or should i wait till the A1 and A2 are released? I know the A1 would retail much higher then £50

I mention the A1 and 2 because they are more likely to fall within my budget (£200) and i prefer ear down fitment due to how quick and easier it is to insert and remove

Cheers

14. Malevolent

Oh they will. Since everybody is using Beats, anyone who's listening to something else will definitely draw stares. Especially since you'll look like you've inserted 2 USB flash drives into your ears. [​IMG]

It's Sony's trademark design, though. Ugly or not, we all know it's a Sony IEM.

15. romeyp

My suggestion would be to wait. I have the H1's. They are fine, but I am happier with the H3's. Also you already have your eye on the A1 or A2. So even if you by the H1 you will still be wondering if the others have the sound signature that you really are looking for.
    So hold tight, and wait.[​IMG]

First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last