Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5
Oct 15, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #226 of 5,804
Didn't like the Z5, LOVED it!  Used my iPhone 6 with it cause I was getting ready to pack up the booth.  If I had more time I would have used the AK120II in my backpack.  I was blown away by how amazing the Z5 sounded.  The resolution was beyond anything I heard without any hint of sibilance.  Low frequencies are well defined, not boomy or muddy at all listening to electric guitar.  Sony could charge $1499 for the Z5 and I would still buy it.  At $699, it's a no brainer!

My comment about isolation is not about noise isolation.  It's in reference to having the same feeling as being in a anechoic chamber.  You can hear your heart beat.  :)

Oct 15, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #227 of 5,804
Thanks a lot guys! for making me empty my wallet once again!
I now want both the Z5 and Z7. Can't wait to hear them for myself.

Oct 15, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #228 of 5,804
  Thanks a lot guys! for making me empty my wallet once again!
I now want both the Z5 and Z7. Can't wait to hear them for myself.

Get Z5 first.  Hold on the Z7...

Stay subscribed to my channel for unboxing/first look.  Should be ready in a couple of days.  :)

Oct 15, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #229 of 5,804
can't wait! looking forward to it.

Oct 15, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #231 of 5,804

Didn't like the Z5, LOVED it!  Used my iPhone 6 with it cause I was getting ready to pack up the booth.  If I had more time I would have used the AK120II in my backpack.  I was blown away by how amazing the Z5 sounded.  The resolution was beyond anything I heard without any hint of sibilance.  Low frequencies are well defined, not boomy or muddy at all listening to electric guitar.  Sony could charge $1499 for the Z5 and I would still buy it.  At $699, it's a no brainer!

Hi HiFiGuy, thanks for your enthusiastic impressions! Could you maybe elaborate a bit on the electric guitar part? How distorted are the guitars you listened to..? Did you listen to any metal? I'd be very intersted to find out how these little buggers perform with that kind of music. My wallet isn't, by the way.
ph34r.gif

Oct 15, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #232 of 5,804
Any explanation to why Sony still stick to the god-awful housing design after so many generations? Surely that can't be the only way to house hybrids to achieve amazing sound. That housing pretty much relegates it to in-house use only if I were to have it...
duggehsmile.png

Oct 15, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #235 of 5,804
  Any explanation to why Sony still stick to the god-awful housing design after so many generations? Surely that can't be the only way to house hybrids to achieve amazing sound. That housing pretty much relegates it to in-house use only if I were to have it...
duggehsmile.png

Yeah, I can't agree enough. They are so TripleFi like in design. They may sound fantastic, but they will look funny on you.

With that said, I am real stoked to try the Z5.

Oct 16, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #238 of 5,804
Just seen the old H1 on amazon uk for £50
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00F0CQJFI/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1413448575&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

Do you guys think its worth getting them at this price? Or should i wait till the A1 and A2 are released? I know the A1 would retail much higher then £50

I mention the A1 and 2 because they are more likely to fall within my budget (£200) and i prefer ear down fitment due to how quick and easier it is to insert and remove

Cheers

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #239 of 5,804

Nowhere near as funny as a pair of Beats™ and half the planet is walking around with those... I don't think anyone will notice them. 
etysmile.gif

Oh they will. Since everybody is using Beats, anyone who's listening to something else will definitely draw stares. Especially since you'll look like you've inserted 2 USB flash drives into your ears. 
biggrin.gif

It's Sony's trademark design, though. Ugly or not, we all know it's a Sony IEM.

Oct 16, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #240 of 5,804
Just seen the old H1 on amazon uk for £50
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00F0CQJFI/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1413448575&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

Do you guys think its worth getting them at this price? Or should i wait till the A1 and A2 are released? I know the A1 would retail much higher then £50

I mention the A1 and 2 because they are more likely to fall within my budget (£200) and i prefer ear down fitment due to how quick and easier it is to insert and remove

Cheers

My suggestion would be to wait. I have the H1's. They are fine, but I am happier with the H3's. Also you already have your eye on the A1 or A2. So even if you by the H1 you will still be wondering if the others have the sound signature that you really are looking for.
So hold tight, and wait.
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back