Sony Z1R....listening impressions only
Jun 16, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #3,196 of 9,652
My apologies, it was @Lookout57 that said not to buy silver plated & copper. I'll have to stick with the copper i ordered now & at least i've got the stock cable to compare. At nearly £200, with customs charges, buying cables is an expensive game, in just what i've bought so far. ( This will be my third cable, spent something now in the region of £600. ) I never dreamt that i would do this, so to think to buy yet another ( Silver plated & copper. ) at another £200 is a little crazy ! I dread to think of the cost of the Axios ! ?

Anyway, apologies again, hopefully, i'm still going to enjoy the headphones. ( I might contact the ebay seller, but it's probably too late, they process orders pretty quickly ! )

Seriously, don't sweat it. It will be a great experience. I think you're going to be in aural nirvana soon.

Jun 16, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #3,198 of 9,652
My apologies, it was @Lookout57 that said not to buy silver plated & copper. I'll have to stick with the copper i ordered now & at least i've got the stock cable to compare. At nearly £200, with customs charges, buying cables is an expensive game, in just what i've bought so far. ( This will be my third cable, spent something now in the region of £600. ) I never dreamt that i would do this, so to think to buy yet another ( Silver plated & copper. ) at another £200 is a little crazy ! I dread to think of the cost of the Axios ! ?

Anyway, apologies again, hopefully, i'm still going to enjoy the headphones. ( I might contact the ebay seller, but it's probably too late, they process orders pretty quickly ! )
That's quite an amount of money, you could take your time. My little suggestions: try to look at some (maybe very little...) brighter sides of the stock cable when comparing others to it, not only those of its very evident shortcomings:beyersmile:

Jun 16, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #3,199 of 9,652
That's quite an amount of money, you could take your time. My little suggestions: try to look at some (maybe very little...) brighter sides of the stock cable when comparing others to it, not only those of its very evident shortcomings:beyersmile:

I spend a lot of time thinking about things & then i'm very impulsive !

Jun 16, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #3,201 of 9,652
Have had it over a year. To me it beats HE-1,SR009.Utopia ETC. Given the right amp(in my case Phonitor) it is the best headphone I have ever heard. YMMV. I do however have a cable on it that costs much more than the headphones themselves. The Axios Silver. I would not bother with Sony's Axios, I feel the stock cable is just as good. Again, YMMV

Jun 16, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #3,202 of 9,652
Have had it over a year. To me it beats HE-1,SR009.Utopia ETC. Given the right amp(in my case Phonitor) it is the best headphone I have ever heard. YMMV. I do however have a cable on it that costs much more than the headphones themselves. The Axios Silver. I would not bother with Sony's Axios, I feel the stock cable is just as good. Again, YMMV

Sony don’t do an Axios cable

Jun 16, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #3,208 of 9,652
Jun 16, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #3,209 of 9,652
The battery packs are charging the ES100 wirelessly? Don't the ES100 have to be in contact with the battery packs? But your batteries are taped to the headband and the ES100 are in the cups. How does that work?

I'm kinda sure he was just messing around with us a bit here... I thought it was quite funny, actually.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back