Sony Z1R....listening impressions only
Jun 25, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #3,230 of 9,645
Finally, after more than an 8hr wait, they're here ! Now lets set them up....& listen till bedtime....& perhaps beyond !!

You may need both brain burnin and headphone burnin before making any conclusions

Jun 25, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #3,231 of 9,645
You may need both brain burnin and headphone burnin before making any conclusions

With my cognitive function, i probably will.....just listening a little in unbalanced mode first....& starting with my favourite artist of all time....Michael Jackson.....ironically, the 10th anniversary of his passing today, as i'm sure most music fans are aware, around the world today....

Jun 25, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #3,233 of 9,645
Finally, after more than an 8hr wait, they're here ! Now lets set them up....& listen till bedtime....& perhaps beyond !!

Have fun! Getting to know a new, great sounding headphone is one of the most enjoyable experiences.

Jun 25, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #3,234 of 9,645
Have fun! Getting to know a new, great sounding headphone is one of the most enjoyable experiences.

Well i can already tell that these are a keeper, audiowise.....just listened to "They Don't Care About Us" & "Stranger In Moscow", in unbalanced mode, which was immediately impressive, ( & i never use unbalanced mode, on my TA. ) Listening to the same songs now with balanced connection & even better, which is what i'd expect.

The only thing is, i have to lay down all the time & they're feeling uncomfortable, with my neck position, because of their size....hoping i can solve this issue....not that i can make them smaller ! lol

Jun 25, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #3,235 of 9,645
Well i can already tell that these are a keeper, audiowise.....just listened to "They Don't Care About Us" & "Stranger In Moscow", in unbalanced mode, which was immediately impressive, ( & i never use unbalanced mode, on my TA. ) Listening to the same songs now with balanced connection & even better, which is what i'd expect.

The only thing is, i have to lay down all the time & they're feeling uncomfortable, with my neck position, because of their size....hoping i can solve this issue....not that i can make them smaller ! lol

Get a small narrow pillow that is only the width of your head. I only use mine in bed and with such a pillow

Jun 25, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #3,237 of 9,645
I'm loving my Z1R's already....i've been listening to Bruce Springsteen's new album, "Western Stars", the last few days & listening just now & it sounds wonderful ! ( Can hear even more detail...) "Stones" ( Track. )....just beautiful !

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #3,238 of 9,645
OMG ! ( Sorry to keep posting ! lol ) My ZX300 Walkman is connected to my TA & for some reason, it just carries onto the next album & i think it's in shuffle mode & Coldplay "XY" album came on, thinking this could sound harsh & compressed, but it doesn't really.....getting more interesting by the minute ! ( Will i be able to remove them from my head, to go to bed ! ?? )

Jun 25, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #3,239 of 9,645
On that note...

A few albums I think are an absolute delight to listen to with my Z1Rs specifically:
  • All Ashore - Punch Brothers
  • Tim's House - Kate Walsh
  • Better Oblivion Community Center
  • Tales of America - J.S. Ondara
  • Old Stock - Ben Caplan
  • Time Elastic - LAISH
  • Come Fall - Ellen Doty
  • Love And The Death Of Damnation - The White Buffalo
  • Big Bad Luv - John Moreland
  • Bloom - Areni Agbabian
  • Symphonica - George Michael
  • Gone Now - Bleachers