Sony Z1R....listening impressions only
Sep 20, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #8,627 of 9,638
Yes, if it's a true fusion with copper and silver strands.

If it's silver plated copper, run away as fast as possible, as this is what the stock cable is.
Thanks.

its 8 strands of pure silver and 8 of pure copper. so i figured it’d be just like the what the stock cable intended but on steroids.

my copper axios is perfect but i feel adding pure silver could bring it to even more epicness

Sep 20, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #8,628 of 9,638
Thanks.

its 8 strands of pure silver and 8 of pure copper. so i figured it’d be just like the what the stock cable intended but on steroids.

my copper axios is perfect but i feel adding pure silver could bring it to even more epicness
If you want to take it to 11, go for all OCC silver. I have the DHC Prion4 and it's a game changer and less than the AXIOS Ag.

Sep 20, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #8,629 of 9,638
If you want to take it to 11, go for all OCC silver. I have the DHC Prion4 and it's a game changer and less than the AXIOS Ag.
Im upgrading Axios Cu to Axios Ag/Cu and i CANNOT afford the full Ag Axios. lol. I dont know what OCC really is but at the same price, Ag/Cu Axios should be similar to the DHC maybe. Either one should be an upgrade over my copper

Sep 20, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #8,630 of 9,638
Im upgrading Axios Cu to Axios Ag/Cu and i CANNOT afford the full Ag Axios. lol. I dont know what OCC really is but at the same price, Ag/Cu Axios should be similar to the DHC maybe. Either one should be an upgrade over my copper
The DHC Prion4 pure OCC silver and is the same price as the Axios Ag/Cu.

Sep 22, 2022 at 2:10 AM Post #8,631 of 9,638
Right , I forgot to tell about the charging...
So i took 2 batteries pack with wireless charging module and mounted them on the top of the headband so the weight will be more on the head and not on the sides.
When i charge them i just flip the HP upside down.
WhatsApp Image 2019-06-16 at 01.29.09.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-06-16 at 01.29.08.jpeg

It is quite "heavy" ...but im a strong guy ! :):)
Jesus Christ 😂

sorry I’m a few years behind guys but this deserves a bump

Sep 22, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #8,633 of 9,638
The Three B's

My response is a yes, the Z1R should be added if you cherish Classical music and Movie Soundtracks. I have the HiFi Man Susvara which thrives with the three b's (bigger, better, bolder) amplification and I will say once you "clean up" the signal noise from your source, the Sony can play with the big boys down to subterranean depths. The more time spent with trying silver vs copper, tube vs solid state and analog vs digital, it is clear to me, Sony knows how to build headphones the right way. It conveys the right emotional response and at the same time, it can be ruthless in its revelation. The 10k issue is an artifact of the component chain and cabling not an endemic character of the Sony. The imaging for this semi-closed design is on point both for its dramatic presentation and an ability to create a sense of "quiet".
I couldn’t agree with this more. Especially the part about the component chain and cabling. I use kimber kable for my power cords, interconnects, optical and the headphone cable. I think this post increases my confidence that my upgrade from a Copper Kimber Kable Axios to a Hybrid Copper/Pure Silver Kimber Kable Axios will be successful. I heard the difference in my copper cable vs. the stock cable, so i should be getting another thousand-dollar upgrade in sound.

Sep 23, 2022 at 10:00 PM Post #8,634 of 9,638
So I've been messing around with EQ to see if I can take the Z1Rs to an even higher level of excellence. So far, I just have narrow dips at 10K (-4db) and 3200(-2db). I also have a bass shelf that boosts everything below 100hz by about 6db. I'm very impressed so far and think that I might pursue this path further. Do any of you EQ and if so, what have you done?

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #8,635 of 9,638
So I've been messing around with EQ to see if I can take the Z1Rs to an even higher level of excellence. So far, I just have narrow dips and 10K (-4db) and 3200(-2db). I also have a bass shelf that boosts everything below 100hz by about 6db. I'm very impressed so far and think that I might pursue this path further. Do any of you EQ and if so, what have you done?
Are you using the stock cable? If so switch to an OCC Copper or Silver cable and you might need to EQ.

Sep 25, 2022 at 1:56 AM Post #8,636 of 9,638
Maybe they aren’t big headed approved. Got that from a YouTuber named GymCaddy. I like his reviews
They were fine for me after a few days. I own a hat company for people with big heads so I guess you could say I’m somewhat knowledgeable in that regard. Certainly not knowledgeable in high end audio, thats for sure.

Sep 25, 2022 at 4:25 AM Post #8,637 of 9,638
They were fine for me after a few days. I own a hat company for people with big heads so I guess you could say I’m somewhat knowledgeable in that regard. Certainly not knowledgeable in high end audio, thats for sure.
No more clamping force. They ones I have are great

Sep 26, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #8,638 of 9,638
And here's one of tonight's views of.. The thing where the sound comes out of. Beautifully.

Because why not...

20170717_212516.jpg
wow it’s on setting seven. i like to use it without the hangers extended

Sep 26, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #8,639 of 9,638

Users who are viewing this thread

Back