Sony WF-1000XM5
Aug 7, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #271 of 1,039
Your posts are saving me $430CAD @JML :xf_cool: .

No sense in spending that kind of money if these are having issues like that. I am sure I would like their new default sound better. It just seems more in line with my sound preferences. But those issues would drive me crazy...

Has anyone tried these with Sony hybrid tips? That was what I used on the XM4 instead of the foams. It might have made them slightly less noise blocking but they fit extremely well and did not seem to alter the sound signature like after market tips do.
No issues for me, try yourself and return if issues.

Aug 7, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #272 of 1,039
I am using the silicone covered foam render tips that Zeos has collaborated on. These are a version of the Symbio tips. The isolation of foam, with durability and comfort of silicone.

Aug 8, 2023 at 1:37 AM Post #274 of 1,039
I'm definitely experiencing some fit issues. It's odd because I feel like I'm getting proper seal for music, but the ANC doesn't feel different from no ANC. More testing to do before I go get other tips. I believe Sony intended the use of the stock tips for the right sound I would think.
To me, I think it's they are a tad on the short side so that they aren't quite sealing so far. I am using the largest tips. My hope is the foam will form enough to seal correctly!

Aug 8, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #275 of 1,039
Your posts are saving me $430CAD @JML :xf_cool: .

No sense in spending that kind of money if these are having issues like that. I am sure I would like their new default sound better. It just seems more in line with my sound preferences. But those issues would drive me crazy...

Has anyone tried these with Sony hybrid tips? That was what I used on the XM4 instead of the foams. It might have made them slightly less noise blocking but they fit extremely well and did not seem to alter the sound signature like after market tips do.

I'm using the Sony Hybrid tips myself (EP-EX11). For me, it's much easier to get a seal with these. Passes the fit test 100% every time.

Aug 8, 2023 at 7:42 AM Post #277 of 1,039
I wish that Sony had carried over the excellent (from what I've seen in Aregina videos) wind noise reduction mode from the XM4's but I guess the smaller size prevents that?

I think that this aspect is actually better on the XM5 vs on the XM4.

Aug 8, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #278 of 1,039
Tested the AZLA MAX for a while, the insert is to shallow for me.
Just got the Spinfit W1 which got a larger nozzle and immediately find them better MAX, they sit deeper and more secure for me.

Aug 8, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #280 of 1,039
Out of what must be 50 tries by now, I was only able to get a successful seal (using the app test) only ONCE, with the L foams.. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if they're just no match for my ears, very weird.

Aug 8, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #281 of 1,039
I've been using the SpinFit W1 aswell, It might be my preferred Tips for these.
I would love to try these, but I can only find packs of three tips that include S, M, and L sizes, which means I would spend $20 for a single pair of ear tips, which is a no-go for me. If ever I can find a pack with only one size I might buy!

Aug 8, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #282 of 1,039
I would love to try these, but I can only find packs of three tips that include S, M, and L sizes, which means I would spend $20 for a single pair of ear tips, which is a no-go for me. If ever I can find a pack with only one size I might buy!
That is all they have offered since day 1 :frowning2: Someday they will split them I hope. Great tips.

Aug 8, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #283 of 1,039
I'm using the Sony Hybrid tips myself (EP-EX11). For me, it's much easier to get a seal with these. Passes the fit test 100% every time.
Where can I buy the Sony EP-EX11 tips? I'm in USA.

Aug 8, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #284 of 1,039
Aug 8, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #285 of 1,039
I'm definitely experiencing some fit issues. It's odd because I feel like I'm getting proper seal for music, but the ANC doesn't feel different from no ANC. More testing to do before I go get other tips. I believe Sony intended the use of the stock tips for the right sound I would think.
To me, I think it's they are a tad on the short side so that they aren't quite sealing so far. I am using the largest tips. My hope is the foam will form enough to seal correctly!
Same here, related to my annoyance w/ turning ANC on/off easily by touching the left bud, when they're in my hand, etc. Hard to tell whether it's on/off when I re-insert them in my ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back