Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Apr 28, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #7,696 of 8,231
Changing the region to MX3 enabled the GUI option to change language for me so if you're on custom firmware just change the region from config file.
Hi @MrWalkman , How can I remove external tuning for Dawn V2? The "Past_StockRevert_packages_WM1_20_09.zip" doesn't have exe for removing tuning files. My wm1a was factory reset by my son and language changed to Japanese. Tool from rockbox.org is not helping. After restarting the player, language changes to J. I am thinking to remove all and they try to change language. Running StockRevert_(DMP-WM1_FEv2) is not removing it.

Apr 28, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #7,697 of 8,231
Changing the region to MX3 enabled the GUI option to change language for me so if you're on custom firmware just change the region from config file.
For that, I have first remove Dawn V2 and it is not happening using "Past_StockRevert_packages_WM1_20_09.zip" provided on mrwalkman's website. Exe to remove it runs fine but player keep showing up dmp V2 under unit information.

Apr 28, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #7,698 of 8,231
For that, I have first remove Dawn V2 and it is not happening using "Past_StockRevert_packages_WM1_20_09.zip" provided on mrwalkman's website. Exe to remove it runs fine but player keep showing up dmp V2 under unit information.

I think you have to use this StockRevert package:
1682706062168.png

Regarding bootlooping devices - I have another computer, and the required files are on a separate SSD. I have to buy some adapter to connect this SSD to my-now-laptop in order to access those files. Also, my grandma died recently - she was very dear to me, and even though at first it didn't seem to affect me too much, I've been dealing with some panic attacks, which I've never experienced before. Luckily I realized what actually happens, as I thought I suddenly developed some heart issues, and now I'm better and I usually manage to get out of these situations quickly. All this being said, working on this stuff is the last thing on my mind now.

I know that a lot of time passed since I said I will help you guys, but I will try to do it soon. Sorry.

Apr 28, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #7,699 of 8,231
1682706062168.png

Regarding bootlooping devices - I have another computer, and the required files are on a separate SSD. I have to buy some adapter to connect this SSD to my-now-laptop in order to access those files. Also, my grandma died recently - she was very dear to me, and even though at first it didn't seem to affect me too much, I've been dealing with some panic attacks, which I've never experienced before. Luckily I realized what actually happens, as I thought I suddenly developed some heart issues, and now I'm better and I usually manage to get out of these situations quickly. All this being said, working on this stuff is the last thing on my mind now.

I know that a lot of time passed since I said I will help you guys, but I will try to do it soon. Sorry.
Condolences on the passing of your grandma.

Family always comes first. So take your time.

Apr 28, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #7,700 of 8,231
1682706062168.png

I am so sorry for your loss and the hard time you are going through. May almighty give you all the strength

Apr 28, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #7,701 of 8,231

Sorry to hear of her passing - I was mostly raised by my grandma and was devastated when she passed away.
Take your time to grieve and please don't ever feel any pressure or obligation here. I know some members get keen on the idea of a new firmware, but you've already had a huge impact on our audio lives.

Apr 28, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #7,702 of 8,231
1682706062168.png

Many condolences.

You have done a great service for all audiophiles with the MrWalkman Firmware mod, unlocking greater potential for gimped Sony DAPs. Really you deserve a Nobel prize for audiophiledom, and we are all grateful for what you have done for us.

Please take care of family and health (both physical and mental) first, this audiophile hobby is the least in priority over things that matter more.

Apr 28, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #7,703 of 8,231
1682706062168.png

My deepest condolences on the passing of your grandma.

Apr 29, 2023 at 3:29 AM Post #7,704 of 8,231
1682706062168.png

May she Rest In Peace. She raised a good man. Thank you for all the joy you brought to this community.

Apr 29, 2023 at 6:21 AM Post #7,705 of 8,231
Hi @MrWalkman , How can I remove external tuning for Dawn V2? The "Past_StockRevert_packages_WM1_20_09.zip" doesn't have exe for removing tuning files. My wm1a was factory reset by my son and language changed to Japanese. Tool from rockbox.org is not helping. After restarting the player, language changes to J. I am thinking to remove all and they try to change language. Running StockRevert_(DMP-WM1_FEv2) is not removing it.
Are you on Walkman ONE? Or are you on some old Dawn version? Don't panic, we can help you!

Apr 29, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #7,707 of 8,231
Hello to all, my first post :hand_splayed:

Would it also be technically possible to change/rewrite the firmware, so that it would be possible to chose 1 (,2,3..) folders with subfolders and the WM1A/WM1Z play random tracks from those folders?

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #7,709 of 8,231
1682706062168.png

My friend. I so sorry to hear. But you Will find your way. It is given. All the best to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back