Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Mar 25, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #7,606 of 8,232
Its a terrible piece of software IMO
It's OK, but just very slow regardless of the performance of the computer. Runs like an old dog with three legs, admittedly it doesn't stumble. Another for Music Sense as that's the only way to get it to work :) Other than that Foobar 2000.

Maybe Sony's approach is one of safety, as their SW has never screwed anything up for me. Yes it's as slow as an old dog, yet has to be said it's also reliable and trustworthy. I kind of learned to appreciate it over the years as it's never screwed up any of my music tracks and that's more valuable to me than any tricks & bells.

I just need it to source the metadata and transfer to my DAP's and that it does. Adding a new album can be tedious at times. I just go make some good coffee and let the SW do it's thing, there's worse things to worry about in life LOL...

Q-6

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2023 at 2:51 AM Post #7,607 of 8,232
I recently purchased a Sony NW-WMA1 and tried firmware from MrWalkman. I also tried all the sound signatures in the firmware. They sound interesting, but they lose the most important thing that is in stock firmware - dynamics. I read that Mr. Walking will release a firmware with a sound signature WMA1 and I'm now waiting for it. But the job that MrWalkman has done is excellent.

Mar 28, 2023 at 3:26 AM Post #7,608 of 8,232
I recently purchased a Sony NW-WMA1 and tried firmware from MrWalkman. I also tried all the sound signatures in the firmware. They sound interesting, but they lose the most important thing that is in stock firmware - dynamics. I read that Mr. Walking will release a firmware with a sound signature WMA1 and I'm now waiting for it. But the job that MrWalkman has done is excellent.
I think you should check out the Mr. Walkman mods from a year ago...you should not lose dynamics with these mods. I used to own a 1A before I moved onto other DAPs, but the last one I was on was the mods that made it sound like the big expensive Sony TA-ZH1ES and DMP-Z1 amps. I think they were called the Jupiter mods.

Mar 28, 2023 at 4:32 AM Post #7,609 of 8,232
I think you should check out the Mr. Walkman mods from a year ago...you should not lose dynamics with these mods. I used to own a 1A before I moved onto other DAPs, but the last one I was on was the mods that made it sound like the big expensive Sony TA-ZH1ES and DMP-Z1 amps. I think they were called the Jupiter mods.
Jupiter and all the other of the early ones from a number of users where not custom fw but “only” sound tunings playing around with the xml files from the stock fw from the various devices

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #7,610 of 8,232
The great thing about the 1A/Z and what @MrWalkman has done with them is that I’m sat here at 2 in the morning, with a pair of 7hz Timeless in my ears, listening to YouTube from my iPhone over Bluetooth (SBC!) and you know what - it sounds $1,000,000…

Bravo!

Mar 28, 2023 at 9:50 PM Post #7,611 of 8,232
yes it's true , 7hz are incredibly well-balanced the timbre is one of the best , the cable and tips are definitely to be replaced and I think in this case Wm1z is a perfect source ( firmware - Dmp- Wm1 FE Plus -CEW region - Panasonic Rp-hde10 cable - spiral dot tips L
the sound signature and the presentation its like the obravo eamt2c iem with better balance and even Ier z1r does not sound as good as 7htz hehe
With Wm1z 7 htz sound exceptional. Amazing vocals, both male and female. The trebles are smooth and detailed. The transitions through the whole spectrum is buttery smooth and very natural. Very good staging and remarkable layering. No harshness, no peaks

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2023 at 11:34 PM Post #7,613 of 8,232

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla.jpg
    Captura de pantalla.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 0
Apr 1, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #7,614 of 8,232
o @MrWalkman I am just wondering, when I turned on the filter, is it the original WM1A sound with filters or is it the sound signature getting filtered ? because I feel that it is the same when I put the option on between signatures. Dunno, probably my ears but wanted to confirm

Apr 1, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #7,615 of 8,232
o @MrWalkman I am just wondering, when I turned on the filter, is it the original WM1A sound with filters or is it the sound signature getting filtered ? because I feel that it is the same when I put the option on between signatures. Dunno, probably my ears but wanted to confirm
It’s the Sony filters that gets applied to whatever WalkmanOne signature and other effects you have installed

Apr 5, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #7,616 of 8,232
Hi,

So I am thinking about changing my SD-card from 512GB to 1TB in my Sony NW-A55. I am on the latest MrWalkman firmware and I love it.

1. Can this player handle 1TB?
2. Is there a need to formate the card and download the firmware etc again? Or can I just transfer everything on the old SD card to the new one and then just plug and play?

Apr 5, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #7,617 of 8,232
Hi,

So I am thinking about changing my SD-card from 512GB to 1TB in my Sony NW-A55. I am on the latest MrWalkman firmware and I love it.

1. Can this player handle 1TB?
2. Is there a need to formate the card and download the firmware etc again? Or can I just transfer everything on the old SD card to the new one and then just plug and play?
1TB works fine in the A55 (should handle 2TB) and you shouldn’t have to format the new card (I’ve never had to) or anything elsd, just copy everything over from the old card, the WalkmanOne folder sits in the build in storage

Apr 5, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #7,620 of 8,232

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back