Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Dec 29, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #7,411 of 8,248
Just a heads up to all. We’re currently testing some custom regions that IMHO take the already stellar Walkman one firmwares to a whole new level. Depth, realism and details. These are the key words. Just when I thought it couldn’t get any better, @MrWalkman strikes again. Stay tuned folks!
Is that also going to include the dac overlay to reduce lag and the extra gain mode, both were mentioned a long time ago ?

Dec 29, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #7,412 of 8,248
Is that also going to include the dac overlay to reduce lag and the extra gain mode, both were mentioned a long time ago ?

The next update will do, yes.

Dec 29, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #7,414 of 8,248
Dec 30, 2022 at 12:58 AM Post #7,415 of 8,248
We enjoyed Walkman One... Could we adore Walkman Two ? 😉
It’s still Walkman one but just with some new custom regions. These regions directly effect the sound signature significantly.

Dec 30, 2022 at 5:59 AM Post #7,416 of 8,248
Any hints on timeline?

Hopefully in January, due to work, and also to some recent back pain now, making it at least annoying to spend time sitting at the computer.

Dec 30, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #7,419 of 8,248
Just a heads up to all. We’re currently testing some custom regions that IMHO take the already stellar Walkman one firmwares to a whole new level. Depth, realism and details. These are the key words. Just when I thought it couldn’t get any better, @MrWalkman strikes again. Stay tuned folks!
That is very strong claim of an already totally impressive fw. :) I do know that better can go in many directions, but I too, are also really exited about this! Thank for sharing!

Jan 1, 2023 at 6:34 AM Post #7,420 of 8,248
By curiosity: what's the difference (if any) between an A45 and and A55 both with WM1 fw installed ? Does for example the A55 have more output power ? Longer battery life?...

Jan 1, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #7,421 of 8,248
By curiosity: what's the difference (if any) between an A45 and and A55 both with WM1 fw installed ? Does for example the A55 have more output power ? Longer battery life?...
I would guess virtually identical.

Jan 1, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #7,422 of 8,248
Hey guys im new to the audiophile world and first off id like to say thank you for your guidance through the years as it is through these forums that i discovered the passion for music. I have a short history with iems started out with the fh1 then the fh5, fa7, then fh5s and finally the fh9. The dac i use are the sony nwa55 and i recently purchased a refurbished sony wm1a. My favorite has been the fa7 but one side (left) kept dying so i tried the fh5s which was really good especially with the wm1a but i wanted to try the totl and took the plunge on a mint fh9 but sadly im not enjoying it. I dont know the technical jargon but im getting alot of sibilance on the high frequencies and despite the fact that i love bass i feel like the bass is muddling the mids making it hard to pick up the details and it feel like the sound is in your face with no separation. It makes me want to go back to the fh5s. Is it just me or is maybe my dap pairing poor? Is there a better alternative, ive been looking at the fh7s and fa7s and im not sure which one to try (limited funds) any help is appreciated. Also ive tried to eq severly but it never sounds right, ive tried different walkman one custom firmwares to no avail.

Jan 2, 2023 at 12:14 AM Post #7,424 of 8,248
question, does the custom firmware increase power output?
There are various gain settings, so yes. Higher gain setting in the custom firmware increases power output.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back