Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Nov 25, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #6,346 of 8,263
I am on a 1z with the firmware wm1z from Mrwalkman. I noticed that when I am in normal mode the sound is thicker than when I am in v2 mode. Would someone have noticed like me?
Toggling back and forth between Normal and Plus V2, normal had fatter bass but a bit of harshness in the treble compared with V2. I'd agree with your characterization. I think aceedburn had a good description as well.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #6,347 of 8,263
That Fiio is a headphone amplifier, right? No double amping?
Yeah, its an amplifier and dac but since I’m running the wm1a out of the 3.5mm port into rca, I get to enjoy the beautiful s-master dac with some extra amplification. I guess you can call it double amping, but the sound of the wm1a out of the 3.5mm port is so clean and it sounds beautiful.

Nov 26, 2021 at 2:36 AM Post #6,348 of 8,263
Yeah, its an amplifier and dac but since I’m running the wm1a out of the 3.5mm port into rca, I get to enjoy the beautiful s-master dac with some extra amplification. I guess you can call it double amping, but the sound of the wm1a out of the 3.5mm port is so clean and it sounds beautiful.
I agree! Ever since upgrading my nwa55 with the Mr Walkman fw, my itch to purchase a dac-amp has been successfully suppressed. 😅

Nov 26, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #6,349 of 8,263
Hello, I have Walkman One installed on both WM1A and NW45 and the replay album function does not work on both devices, it just goes straight to the next album when the last track ends. Replay track and shuffle works. Can others confirm if this is a firmware bug?

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #6,350 of 8,263
Hello, I have Walkman One installed on both WM1A and NW45 and the replay album function does not work on both devices, it just goes straight to the next album when the last track ends. Replay track and shuffle works. Can others confirm if this is a firmware bug?
There isn’t any repeat album option in the WM1A. There is only shuffle, repeat all, repeat 1 and repeat off.

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #6,352 of 8,263
Sure, the button next to the play next button pressed once. Repeat all. Which I expect to replay the album?
No. Repeat all just repeats the current playlist. And if you’re on shuffle it repeats the whole shuffle playlist. There’s no repeat album option. You need to create a playlist for an album and then play that playlist and select repeat all for it to repeat the entire playlist.

Nov 26, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #6,353 of 8,263
No. Repeat all just repeats the current playlist. And if you’re on shuffle it repeats the whole shuffle playlist. There’s no repeat album option. You need to create a playlist for an album and then play that playlist and select repeat all for it to repeat the entire playlist.
Thank you for clarifying, not a playlist guy so I have no idea that is the intended behavior.

Playing an album and a playlist both creates a play queue, and enabling shuffle resets the play queue. It would make sense if it repeats an album when playing an album and repeats a playlist when playing a playlist.

Nov 26, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #6,354 of 8,263
Thank you for clarifying, not a playlist guy so I have no idea that is the intended behavior.

Playing an album and a playlist both creates a play queue, and enabling shuffle resets the play queue. It would make sense if it repeats an album when playing an album and repeats a playlist when playing a playlist.
For me it does repeat an album, I’ve used it a lot when running burn-in where I loop the IsoTek burn-in cd

Nov 26, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #6,355 of 8,263
For me it does repeat an album, I’ve used it a lot when running burn-in where I loop the IsoTek burn-in cd

Same here. I'm accessing the album's folder directly, I'm not going into the "Albums" section.

Nov 26, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #6,356 of 8,263
Same here. I'm accessing the album's folder directly, I'm not going into the "Albums" section.
Same, using Folder structure I can repeat an album

Nov 26, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #6,357 of 8,263
I always go Genre, Artist, Album and then start an album and Repeat all repeats the album no problem.

There is a setting that decides what happens when the last track in an album has been played, should it stop or continue with the first track in the next album. I have this set to stop after last track. Don’t know if this setting has an effect on how Repeat all works.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #6,358 of 8,263
I always go Genre, Artist, Album and then start an album and Repeat all repeats the album no problem.

There is a setting that decides what happens when the last track in an album has been played, should it stop or continue with the first track in the next album. I have this set to stop after last track. Don’t know if this setting has an effect on how Repeat all works.
Oh, haven’t noticed this setting? Where is it?

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #6,360 of 8,263
This is it! [Settings>Playback Settings>Playback Range>Selected Range]
Now the repeat all button actually replays the album regardless of where it is started. Thank you.
Nice, never noticed this even after a few years with my 1A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back