Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Sep 20, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #5,792 of 8,232
You could just change setting and then turn the player off and on instead of running an installation (of a tuning).
Indeed, but the beauty of just installing the current tuning again is that I don't have to eject, turn usb storage off and then turn the player off, it all happens automatically

Sep 20, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #5,793 of 8,232
Indeed, but the beauty of just installing the current tuning again is that I don't have to eject, turn usb storage off and then turn the player off, it all happens automatically
very interesting, last question can you lower the gain? i mean there is high setting low setting is there anyway to actually turn gain lower than low?

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #5,794 of 8,232
Oh thats much interesting when you are on the GO but just a aregular turn off not reboot right?

Turning off and on is basically a reboot. I recommend doing it this way, it's your choice, of course.

Sep 20, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #5,795 of 8,232
very interesting, last question can you lower the gain? i mean there is high setting low setting is there anyway to actually turn gain lower than low?
Yes there is a standard gain, higher gain and lower gain setting (which by the way is not the same as the High gain in the settings in the gui of the player)

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #5,797 of 8,232
You could just change setting and then turn the player off and on instead of running an installation (of a tuning).
Think this is the better way as it avoids writing unnecessary data to the drives partitions.

Q-6

Sep 20, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #5,798 of 8,232
MrWalkman,
My deepest bows for work and new joy for all of us!

You can give a specific example with the optimal sequence of actions. What should I do to install wm1z sound simulation on the player with mx3 region, Plus v2 mode, and so on.
All similar to the ones I am using at the moment are the previous firmware with full imitation of wm1z sound, which I loved so much.
Thanks!

Sep 20, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #5,799 of 8,232
MrWalkman,
My deepest bows for work and new joy for all of us!

You can give a specific example with the optimal sequence of actions. What should I do to install wm1z sound simulation on the player with mx3 region, Plus v2 mode, and so on.
All similar to the ones I am using at the moment are the previous firmware with full imitation of wm1z sound, which I loved so much.
Thanks!

You just open the settings file and choose the WM1Z signature, save the file, turn off mass storage, turn player off, then on, and then you apply the WM1Z tuning.

By the way, the WM1Z is the default one, so after installing the firmware, just install the WM1Z external tuning.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #5,800 of 8,232
By the way, the WM1Z is the default one, so after installing the firmware, just install the WM1Z external tuning.

Damn it, I'm lucky!
I don't even know if I should try something else, I'm so happy with this setting.

What are you using now?

Sep 20, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #5,801 of 8,232
Damn it, I'm lucky!
I don't even know if I should try something else, I'm so happy with this setting.

What are you using now?

Right now I am using Neutral with Plus v2, different DAC mode, and TW region (for some extra bass).

Sep 20, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #5,802 of 8,232
I'm on Region J, WM1Z, Plus v2 and Alternate DAC. The sound is amazing.

Sep 20, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #5,804 of 8,232
Gain? thats for your A or Z? lol
This is for both with normal gain.

With the Solaris 2020 or SE the loudest I have to go to is 60 for some DSD or LP rips. Most other recordings are between 35-50.

Sep 20, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #5,805 of 8,232
Right now I am using Neutral with Plus v2, different DAC mode, and TW region (for some extra bass).
You said:

"4 sound signatures in 1 package: "Neutral", "Warm", "Bright", and the "WM1Z" stock sound."

You messed up! The WM1Z sound is way better than the stock; better than stock FW's 1.20, 3.1 and 3.2 with Regional MX3 on the 1Z. It is also sounds better to 'me' than all your other FW on my 1Z! I tried them all.

I am using your newest FW with the "WM1Z" stock sound, DAC is on new init and region MX3. It gives some deep controlled bass with plenty of bloom. It also has the best midrange of every FW I have tried! The treble is just right while being tube like and highly detailed.

Most times when you have this type of sound, people say it is congested as they like the groove scraped away and just listen to the details. I have it all now; soundstage, midrange, details and warmth.

This FW gives me exactly what I was looking for. You can retire now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back