Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Sep 20, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #5,777 of 8,232
So lets supose I want to try the bright tining then warm do I have to reinstall?
or will a stock revert tuning then reaply the other tuning will do?
I have readed the file bu still kind of confusing

You just need to:
choose the sound signature in the settings file, then restart the player after saving the file, then install the external tuning according to the in-use sound signature (you can confirm the in-use signature from the Unit Information menu in the player's settings).

Sep 20, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #5,779 of 8,232
You just need to:

choose the sound signature in the settings file, then restart the player after saving the file, then install the external tuning according to the in-use sound signature (you can confirm the in-use signature from the Unit Information menu in the player's settings).
That's the beauty of this release. You only need to change the settings and install the new corresponding tuning. :beerchug:

Sep 20, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #5,781 of 8,232
oh ok so i do need to install the package i go the firmware now i have to change txt then apply the tunning and thats it!
You must reboot after changing the setting file. Then install the new tuning.

Sep 20, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #5,782 of 8,232
You must reboot after changing the setting file. Then install the new tuning.
The easiest way to reboot after changing the settings file is to install the tuning that is already on the player again as that forces a reboot and activates the new settings and then install the new tuning

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #5,784 of 8,232
The easiest way to reboot after changing the settings file is to install the tuning that is already on the player again as that forces a reboot and activates the new settings and then install the new tuning
it since simpler this way thas it works ok? im curious about this cleaver shortcut

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #5,785 of 8,232
Ever since Dawn 2.0, with it's ability to change settings, my process has become habit. Not sure I need to do it this way, but I haven't had a single issue with a settings change not being applied:

--edit settings file, save it, unmount WM1A, go into device settings and turn off USB Mass Storage setting; turn off the device (NOT restart); turn on device; plug in WM1A to mount in Windows Explorer, verify boot file that all settings applied.

Sep 20, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #5,786 of 8,232
Ever since Dawn 2.0, with it's ability to change settings, my process has become habit. Not sure I need to do it this way, but I haven't had a single issue with a settings change not being applied:

--edit settings file, save it, unmount WM1A, go into device settings and turn off USB Mass Storage setting; turn off the device (NOT restart); turn on device; plug in WM1A to mount in Windows Explorer, verify boot file that all settings applied.

I also just turn off the device and on.

If you turn it off while connected to USB, it will also turn on automatically after.

Sep 20, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #5,787 of 8,232
I also just turn off the device and on.

If you turn it off while connected to USB, it will also turn on automatically after.
The easiest way to reboot after changing the settings file is to install the tuning that is already on the player again as that forces a reboot and activates the new settings and then install the new tuning (can you confirm or someone?) it since faster

Sep 20, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #5,788 of 8,232
The easiest way to reboot after changing the settings file is to install the tuning that is already on the player again as that forces a reboot and activates the new settings and then install the new tuning (can you confirm or someone?) it since faster
That is what I've been doing all the time while beta testing Walkman One and it works without any problem

Sep 20, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #5,790 of 8,232
ok thanks so i mod file then unplug or just install the stock tuning?

You could just change setting and then turn the player off and on instead of running an installation (of a tuning).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back