Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Jan 24, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #3,166 of 8,217
I have a question Mr.Walkman
after installed Dmp-wm1_FEv2
everything went smoothly
right after i wanted to install
Dmp-Wm1_FEv2 _Exit_Tuning
and i am not sure what went wrong i get a message every time ?
not sure but new firmware seems to be installed properly

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:00 AM Post #3,167 of 8,217

This is very vague - what is the message you get, and where? Could you please attach a screenshot?

If you install only the first part, the player will work fine, but the installation is not complete without the external tuning.

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #3,168 of 8,217
everything went smoothly
not sure but new firmware seems to be installed properly 20210124_101752.jpg20210124_105016.jpg

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #3,169 of 8,217
everything went smoothly

It looks like something got lost from the files of the external tuning installer. I recommend redownloading the firmware from the website. I downloaded the firmware from the link myself, and all works fine for me.

Without installing the external tuning the installation is not complete, even if the player works fine.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021 at 5:26 AM Post #3,170 of 8,217
It looks like something got lost from the files of the external tuning installer. I recommend redownloading the firmware from the website. I downloaded the firmware from the link myself, and all works fine for me.

Without installing the external tuning the installation is not complete, even if the player works fine.

I reinstalled the original firmware Sony 3.02 and again after installing Dmp-Wm1_FEv2 _Exit_Tuning
I have the same problem

Attachments

• 20210124_101752.jpg
    20210124_101752.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Jan 24, 2021 at 5:28 AM Post #3,171 of 8,217
I reinstalled the original firmware Sony 3.02 and again after installing Dmp-Wm1_FEv2 _Exit_Tuning
I have the same problem

You should just download the firmware again from the website: https://www.mrwalkman.ml/p/dmp-wm1-fe.html

There's nothing that I can do, as everything is in good order. There's something being lost somehow after you download the firmware, but it's not something from my part.

Just download the firmware again and delete what you already downloaded.

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:47 AM Post #3,172 of 8,217
I have the same problem
There is a data directory as well as the file, from your screenshot, the data directory is missing - extract the whole zip file, not just the installer file.

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:49 AM Post #3,173 of 8,217
There is a data directory as well as the file, from your screenshot, the data directory is missing - extract the whole zip file, not just the installer file.

I think he just tried running FirmwareUpdateTool from inside the archive, in Windows Explorer - it seems that Windows Explorer doesn't extract everything automatically when you try running the executable.

I'm using WinRAR, and all is ok here if I try to do that. So the non-WinRAR solution would be to extract all the contents from the ZIP archive, and then to run the executable.

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #3,174 of 8,217
I think he just tried running FirmwareUpdateTool from inside the archive, in Windows Explorer - it seems that Windows Explorer doesn't extract everything automatically when you try running the executable.

I'm using WinRAR, and all is ok here if I try to do that. So the non-WinRAR solution would be to extract all the contents from the ZIP archive, and then to run the executable.

Yes you get that message if you run the tuning from inside the zip file rather than first unzipping and then running. It happened to me as well on the beta FE+

Jan 24, 2021 at 6:28 AM Post #3,177 of 8,217
Ah, we learn new things every day. So windows extractor sucks, now we know!

Jan 24, 2021 at 7:01 AM Post #3,178 of 8,217

i also have winrar , so it's fine unzipping the file inside the winzip file and running the exe then ?

Jan 24, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #3,179 of 8,217
i also have winrar , so it's fine unzipping the file inside the winzip file and running the exe then ?

Anything is fine as long as the firmware update tool worked correctly and the player did the update.

Jan 24, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #3,180 of 8,217
it worked fine , i just did the 'HOLD' thing and FW went to plus edition

thanx again for helping out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back