Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Nov 21, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #2,026 of 8,230
Regarding A50R, and its little bugyness, I will try some things to see if I can get rid of the "An error has ocurred" error that is showing up for some users.

It's a great mod, but I understand that the error can be annoying, and that's not the experience I want to "provide".

I personally get it only right after installing, after saving the clock setting, but then I get no error at all.

I may also be able to get the NFC working again.

Never got any error

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #2,027 of 8,230
Nov 21, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #2,028 of 8,230
I would love to have the veiled treble improved in region J. Is that even possible Mr.Walkman? Been trying all the regions and they all seem to lack something different places. Region seem to me to have the best all round sound. But the treble sound on J can be improved!

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #2,029 of 8,230
I would love to have the veiled treble removed/improved in region J. Is that even possible Mr.Walkman? Been trying all the regions and they all seem to lack something different places. Region seem to me to have the best all round sound. But the treble sound on J can be improved!
The veiled treble could be your IEMs as I don't have that issue as the only difference between you and me are the IEMs.

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #2,030 of 8,230
The veiled treble could be your IEMs as I don't have that issue as the only difference between you and me are the IEMs.
Same here, no veiled treble on my WM1Z + Just Ear (Monitor) @ stock balanced cable setup. The real cause of veiled sound could be the cable, IEM, or even specific source (music) files, changing the tuning of the firmware may fix your problem but mess up others' setup ... just my suggestion, you may want to try out different combo of cables and earphones, also the numerous EQ configurations available in WM1Z before drawing the conclusion.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #2,031 of 8,230
DSC04456.JPG
I was asked to compare these 2 so...
Wm1a @MrWalkman mod VS Lotoo paw6000:
for me they are shoulder to shoulder you are good either way only difference is versatility.
So I give some points and let you decide...:beerchug:
  • WMA-port Vs Usb-c : :ksc75smile:
  • wm1a outputs (different output power and signature:sweat_smile:)Vs LP6K (same output power on single and balanced close signature more dynamics)
  • wm1a High gain/Low gain (different signature like a lot :sweat_smile:) Vs LP6k (same signature)

DSC04453.JPG

• Wm1a direct sound (oh la la...beautiful lush, warm sony sound signature extended to the limit! thanks to @MrWalkman) Vs LP6K sound (reference bit warm and super super airy what makes him crystal clear)
  • Wm1a Sound Custom Versatility (good eq but what makes it special is to change firmwares and zones so you have hundreds of combinations meaning hundreds of sound signatures so is easy but cumbersome compare to the lotoo Vs LP6K Sound Custom Versatility (very good functional parametric equalizer very easy to use and I can save my customs per name, oh la la this peq really works yes yes talking to you astell&....)
  • wm1a battery (33+ excellent I would say 20+)Vs LP6K battery (16+ I would say 12-)
DSC04460.JPG
  • Wm1a GUI (best ever in any player just missing search option and organize by last added not jus last sync added) Vs LP6K GUI (pretty good but.... no by tags, just song, artist, album. Search option is there! and add next to playing is there!!
  • Bluetooth always Sony better everywhere Vs LP6k good but not on sony levels
  • Wm1a boot 10 seconds Vs LP6K 3 seconds boot...:sunglasses:
  • Wm1a dark noise and floor (quite good one of the best daps in that department on the upper class) Vs LP6K dark noise and floor (holy f....welcome to the darkness even darker and lower floor JESUS I got to get used to this level is what it makes the player special even in balanced is more darker)
I like both and I feel with these 2 players I can cover all the players signatures of different brand on lower prices besides put to shame many higher tier players.
Either way makes me happy, the Lotoo is safe bet but the wm1a is like and exciting Mexican soup opera thanks amazing job of the modders and the drama in the community:bow:.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #2,033 of 8,230
He
I was away for 2 weeks, US elections etc. Now I'm back and can't get StockRevert loaded. I'm getting "connect unit to USB"
My brain must not be working.

Please check the "Unit information" menu and tell me what model you see there.

Also, do you see "DMP-WM1 - Firmware mod by MrWalkman"?

Also, make sure you enable the Mass Storage mode after connecting the USB cable.

Nov 21, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #2,035 of 8,230
DMP-WM1 Firmware mod by MrWalkman.
Also in Mass Storage mode.

Thanks

Ok, but what is the model of the player that you can see in the Unit information menu at the top?

Nov 21, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #2,036 of 8,230
The more I listen to DMP-WM1 FE I think it should be renamed DMP-WM1 Endgame.

Nov 21, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #2,038 of 8,230
Nov 21, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #2,039 of 8,230
Does the FE firmware on the 1Z use a lot of battery life? It's not really an issue for me as I use the player at home.My music files are AIFF rips from CDs,I understand file formats are a whole other issue, subject,etc..I'm simply curious, battery levels seem to drop pretty rapidly after not much use.Thanks!

Nov 21, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #2,040 of 8,230
Hi, I have installed firmware WM1A/Z+(3.02).
How to get back on 3.02. Is available somewhere firmware WM1 Back to Stock, please?
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back