Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Nov 20, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #1,996 of 8,232
Well several commented with questions and suggestions but you never reacted to any. So what was the problem since you managed to fix it ?

Not true. By the time I figured it out and came back to the thread to share my findings the only replies were to read the instructions.

Not that it matters at this point, but I don’t know what the issue was. I only know that I was still having an issue after reverting to stock. I deleted and redownloaded the files and tried again.

I’m not expecting anyone to troubleshoot for me, was just wondering if anyone had a similar issue and could lend some insight.

Nov 20, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #1,997 of 8,232
Not true. By the time I figured it out and came back to the thread to share my findings the only replies were to read the instructions.

Not that it matters at this point, but I don’t know what the issue was. I only know that I was still having an issue after reverting to stock. I deleted and redownloaded the files and tried again.

I’m not expecting anyone to troubleshoot for me, was just wondering if anyone had a similar issue and could lend some insight.

Not true but with your feelings not woth arguing over. If you read the thread it has been mentioned many times that the error you received is the result of the model on the player being wrong so the installer does not recognize it

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #1,998 of 8,232

Well, in the end it's good that you figured it out.

I hope you'll like it.

Nov 20, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #1,999 of 8,232
After installing the FE fw on my A55 I'm now back diwn to 12 hours play time and 3 days stand by on a 100% charge of the battery. On the R fw (after battery recalibration) I got 25-30 hours play time and a weeks stand by

Nov 20, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #2,000 of 8,232
I have region E, and yeah sometimes the bass , depends on the recordings, same for highs can be too much. Fortunately there is eq.

This recording has a piercing highs at times, but sounds excellent, like I never heard it before.

16059030389788067475970566340139.jpg

Nov 20, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #2,002 of 8,232
A50R FE or A50 FE?

The R FE gets better battery time then the regular non R?

I had the regular R and now the R FE. 25-30 hours play time and 7 days stand by on R, now 12 hours play time and 3 days stand by on R FE

Nov 20, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #2,003 of 8,232
Some people seems do not understand how lucky we are having MrWalkman making the Sony players as good as they could (should) be without charging a penny for it. I mean, one have the choice to use it or not, but blaming the author and other community member for not being helpful is not the best thing one can do, (in fact people can't really help without detail mention of the problem, no screenshots or supplementary info like OS version were provided).

I am getting rude now, because this is why nice people getting upset and stop being nice to others...

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #2,004 of 8,232
I had the regular R and now the R FE. 25-30 hours play time and 7 days stand by on R, now 12 hours play time and 3 days stand by on R FE

Thanks, I guess I will hold off for now till more information is posted or others can comment if its occuring. I also cannot find where to check the playtime, I went through all the settings and clicking on the battery top right is now doing anything. I'm on a brand new stock A55.

Nov 20, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #2,005 of 8,232
Thanks, I guess I will hold off for now till more information is posted or others can comment if its occuring. I also cannot find where to check the playtime, I went through all the settings and clicking on the battery top right is now doing anything. I'm on a brand new stock A55.

Play time is in Unit information, on the DMP-A50R FE firmware.

Also, on the DMP-A50R FE, clicking on the battery/top brings up the volume display.

Nov 20, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #2,006 of 8,232

In Settings got to Unit information and the Hours played is in there

Nov 20, 2020 at 8:47 PM Post #2,008 of 8,232
I have region E, and yeah sometimes the bass , depends on the recordings, same for highs can be too much. Fortunately there is eq.

This recording has a piercing highs at times, but sounds excellent, like I never heard it before.

16059030389788067475970566340139.jpg
I was using the very detailed NCM Bella v1 with the ZX300 with E region and after much talk here I wanted to try J region. On E, there were sharp piercing peaks once in a while but I had learnt to live with it. After changing the region to J last night, the fullness and the analogue smoothness (sic) has been unleashed to its true potential. I suggest you give it a try and decide if its better than EQ. However, I have a feeling that this region might not bode well for a very dark iems.

Nov 21, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #2,009 of 8,232
I was using the very detailed NCM Bella v1 with the ZX300 with E region and after much talk here I wanted to try J region. On E, there were sharp piercing peaks once in a while but I had learnt to live with it. After changing the region to J last night, the fullness and the analogue smoothness (sic) has been unleashed to its true potential. I suggest you give it a try and decide if its better than EQ. However, I have a feeling that this region might not bode well for a very dark iems.
I agree, FE fw with J region is very smooth and analogue sounding with warm iems. With complementary iems, 1Z sounds very much like good tube amp. It makes CN region sounds very harsh, when it’s actually not. It’s just different, it’s very detailed and typical Hifi sounding.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2020 at 1:43 AM Post #2,010 of 8,232
I agree, FE fw with J region is very smooth and analogue sounding with warm iems. With complementary iems, 1Z sounds very much like good tube amp. It makes CN region sounds very harsh, when it’s actually not. It’s just different, it’s very detailed and typical Hifi sounding.
Yeah the WM1A/Z stock were on the warmer side of the spectrum of high end daps. Not sure how the FE tuning changed that though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back