Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Nov 15, 2020 at 5:48 AM Post #1,666 of 8,217
Yes J by default only support Japanese and no way to change it, but when using the RockBox tool to change region to J it maintains the previous language

unless you have the Japanese Tourist edition , which also has the option English language while keeping the Japan sound :xf_cool:

Nov 15, 2020 at 5:56 AM Post #1,667 of 8,217
unless you have the Japanese Tourist edition , which also has the option English language while keeping the Japan sound :xf_cool:

That edition should have the region set to E as far as I know.

Nov 15, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #1,669 of 8,217
That edition should have the region set to E as far as I know.

you are the expert , i think i switched it to J region but it's been years so can not remember (but i think i did , cause i remember asking people in the now-shutdown wm1a thread)

is there a way to check it , without using rockbox ? if it helps , i can see the wm1a icon in the 'certificates' section (remember i am still on your very first FW...)

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #1,670 of 8,217
you are the expert , i think i switched it to J region but it's been years so can not remember (but i think i did , cause i remember asking people in the now-shutdown wm1a thread)

is there a way to check it , without using rockbox ? if it helps , i can see the wm1a icon (remember i am still on your very first FW...)

I'm not sure there is a way to check the current region without Rockbox at the moment.

Seeing the Certificate menu would mean that you are at least on the J region, though this menu might show up for other regions as well.

Nov 15, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #1,671 of 8,217

What region is that set as ?

Nov 15, 2020 at 7:10 AM Post #1,673 of 8,217
Both are based on the 3.02 firmware.

Will think about MK2, but the point would be to have just one version of this firmware.

Nov 15, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #1,675 of 8,217
hi i have DMP FE installed and can I switch back to DMP Mk2? thank you

MK2 is not available anymore, but if you have it already downloaded in your computer, then yes. As before, you need to go back to the stock firmware first.

However, I would recommend giving more listening to FE. MK2 doesn't sound as refined as FE. It also depends on the gear, of course, but on all my gear, FE is always better.

Also, don't forget to apply the external tuning package as well after installing FE.

Nov 15, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #1,677 of 8,217
thank you. I may have installed it incorrectly. if i want to reinstall it how i do?

Just revert to stock first, and then install it again, followed by the external tuning.

It helps to follow the instructions I wrote on the website, or in the "Instructions" file that can be found in the DMP-WM1 FE firmware archive that you downloaded.

Nov 15, 2020 at 7:42 AM Post #1,678 of 8,217
thank you. I may have installed it incorrectly. if i want to reinstall it how i do?
Best to use the stock revert included in the download. Then install fe again and then install the included fe external tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back