Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Jun 5, 2022 at 1:07 AM Post #7,127 of 8,232
I’ve found the 1z (J3 bright V2) will gets glitch after screen off when using Bluetooth receiver.
Yes that is fully documented

Jun 5, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #7,128 of 8,232
Yes, even with modded FW it does still have those channels.
You only lose access to VPT Surround and the Radio as well as the Headphones option which was already limited to very few headphones.

But you gain a ton of other settings to fiddle with in the process to fine tune the sound to your liking. Walkman ONE is simply versatile.
I wonder why your SenseMe Channel's home screen icon is different from me. Mine is a heart shape and a music note.

Jun 5, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #7,129 of 8,232
I wonder why your SenseMe Channel's home screen icon is different from me. Mine is a heart shape and a music note.
This is my sense me icon. Isn’t it the same on all Walkmans?
84058EAA-5A0F-4A74-A021-C76E89D2E188.jpeg

Jun 5, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #7,130 of 8,232
This is my sense me icon. Isn’t it the same on all Walkmans?
It would appear there are slight variations between models i guess. I don't think regions or firmware have any impact on those.

Your Artist icon is different from mine. But Senseme is the same.
Nothing big but kinda odd that Sony would make so small changes.

Jun 5, 2022 at 11:44 AM Post #7,132 of 8,232
It would appear there are slight variations between models i guess. I don't think regions or firmware have any impact on those.

Your Artist icon is different from mine. But Senseme is the same.
Nothing big but kinda odd that Sony would make so small changes.
It’s another MrWalkman specialty extracted from one of the special edition releases in Japan

41D0BE28-12DF-4953-81C2-6D7A0CA0851D.jpeg

Jun 5, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #7,133 of 8,232
It’s another MrWalkman specialty extracted from one of the special edition releases in Japan

Makes sense.
I did not realize that the Love Live Sunshine also impacted the Artist icon. Id thought it was only really the pause/play, next, and back buttons. (Basic controls).

I personally never installed it because i preferred a more mediocre standard look. To me it seemed like they were just a little to out there for me. Which is fine, special edition releases shouldn't be bland.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #7,134 of 8,232
Hi Walkman lovers,

just a question please: I just bought another Nw-a55 and sooo ^^ change it’s firmware for « Walkman One » from MrWalkman.

Everything’s ok but it often freeze when powering it off (on the Orange Walkman logo and power off writing)…

Do somebody have the same behavior or even have an idea of what happen please ?

I use it at work for playing music by bt.
All answers could be really useful please 😊

By the way MrWalkman if you are around: could it be possible please to make a DMP-A50 FE with:
  • 10 band equalizer
  • DSEE HX AI (from DMP-Z1) and other 4 selectable DSEE HX modes
  • DC Phase Linearizer with 6 selectable modes
  • Vinyl Processor with 4 selectable modes
  • Visualizers: Spectrum Analyzer/Analog VU Meter/Digital Peak Meter
  • Hardware accelerated rendition of the UI
That way we A55 users can have last update setting but keeping usage of FM and ClearAudio+ ?

I wish you all a very good day ☀️

Jun 10, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #7,135 of 8,232
Hi Walkman lovers,

just a question please: I just bought another Nw-a55 and sooo ^^ change it’s firmware for « Walkman One » from MrWalkman.

Everything’s ok but it often freeze when powering it off (on the Orange Walkman logo and power off writing)…

By the way MrWalkman if you are around: could it be possible please to make a DMP-A50 FE with:
  • 10 band equalizer
That way we A55 users can have last update setting but keeping usage of FM and ClearAudio+ ?

I’ve got no freezing problem.

I think it will be very unlikely that you get a fw like you describe, going forward for simplicity it is almost certain that only a new version of WalkmanOne will be released so he only have to work from one base for all devices

Jun 10, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #7,136 of 8,232
Hi Walkman lovers,

• 10 band equalizer

already been discussed, not possible. just get the current release. not possible to add fm. it has all which is listed except fm. lurk moar.

Jun 11, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #7,139 of 8,232
hmm is there a possibility the sound signature of the new WM1ZM2 be cook into this custom firmware?
Interesting! But what are the special differences exactly? I wouldn't know, being from europe and having to wait a long time to try that one out (if ever)!
I haven't read a description that doesn't cover what I'm getting from my modded 1Z from NP Audio.

Jun 11, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #7,140 of 8,232
hmm is there a possibility the sound signature of the new WM1ZM2 be cook into this custom firmware?
On the other hand, what if the sound is not as good as the original 1A?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back