Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Sep 25, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #5,926 of 8,231
I have an a55, first of all, thank you for your work, there is no other match in the world on this subject, I am a bit confused, I am using Midnight_v2 version, but I want to switch to neutral sound signature, what exactly do I need to do.

Sep 25, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #5,927 of 8,231
I have an a55, first of all, thank you for your work, there is no other match in the world on this subject, I am a bit confused, I am using Midnight_v2 version, but I want to switch to neutral sound signature, what exactly do I need to do.

You just change the sound signature in the settings file, then restart the player, then apply the corresponding tuning.

Sep 25, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #5,928 of 8,231
You need to go through the revert to stock procedure from Midnight and then install the Walkman One fw

Sep 25, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #5,929 of 8,231
You need to go through the revert to stock procedure from Midnight and then install the Walkman One fw

Well, that too 😅

Sep 25, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #5,930 of 8,231
I'm curious if you think that the A55 may sound slightly better than the A45 or not, given that the A55 is newer. :)
You are kind to ask my opinion, but there are others, including yourself (who according to your dap list own both), that could likely offer a better answer. I caught the hifi bug when I was 20 years old and that was 48 years ago. I have been fortunate to retain my ability to appreciate full spectrum music, but I'm sure that I cannot hear the details that are often expressed in these posts. That said they both sound excellent to me and with identical settings it's hard for me to tell any difference. I do have many other daps and headphones that do sound different to me, but not necessarily in a bad way. It's all about the faithful reproduction of music and your mods have improved that, for me at least.

Sep 25, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #5,931 of 8,231
how do i change the sound signature from the settings file? There are no sound profiles you mentioned in this menu, I installed version 3.02, then I installed the natural sound profile, but it says external tuning not applied in the device information section, I'm sorry for making you tired.

Sep 25, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #5,932 of 8,231
how do i change the sound signature from the settings file? There are no sound profiles you mentioned in this menu, I installed version 3.02, then I installed the natural sound profile, but it says external tuning not applied in the device information section, I'm sorry for making you tired.
You have to change the SIG setting in the settings file, reboot the player and then install the corresponding tuning

Sep 25, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #5,934 of 8,231
You use your computer to access the file inside the player.
SIG setting is not seen in the settings menu, Walkman_One_A50_(23.09) is seen installed on the device, exactly in which part of the device settings section is this menu seen? thanks.

Sep 25, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #5,935 of 8,231
SIG setting is not seen in the settings menu, Walkman_One_A50_(23.09) is seen installed on the device, exactly in which part of the device settings section is this menu seen? thanks.
It is not in the player gui. You connect the player to your computer and edit the settings file that sits in the cwf folder in the internal storage

Sep 25, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #5,936 of 8,231
It is not in the player gui. You connect the player to your computer and edit the settings file that sits in the cwf folder in the internal storage
I have a feeling that’s what he is doing wrong?

Sep 25, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #5,937 of 8,231

I went back to the stock software, I installed the Walkman_One_A50_(23.09) software, then I entered the settings menu on the device, the SIG setting menu you mentioned is not visible, what could I have done wrong? I connected the device to the computer, the CFW file is seen, but the menu where I can change this setting is not visible in the device menu.
I have a feeling that’s what he is doing wrong?

Sep 25, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #5,938 of 8,231
Huh? Interesting? You could try tuning your device off and on? The only other thing is make sure you have enough memory for the file in your device. If my player is filled to the brim with songs I have issues installing a big firmware file. Same as your computer, you hopefully have room on the drives?

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #5,939 of 8,231
I went back to the stock software, I installed the Walkman_One_A50_(23.09) software, then I entered the settings menu on the device, the SIG setting menu you mentioned is not visible, what could I have done wrong? I connected the device to the computer, the CFW file is seen, but the menu where I can change this setting is not visible in the device menu.
As I wrote it is not in any menu. On the internal storage of the player there is now a folder called cfw next to the Music folder. In the cfw folder there is a settings.txt file that you have to open with Notepad or some other editor to make changes to the settings of the fw.

Sep 25, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #5,940 of 8,231
Huh? Interesting? You could try tuning your device off and on? The only other thing is make sure you have enough memory for the file in your device. If my player is filled to the brim with songs I have issues installing a big firmware file. Same as your computer, you hopefully have room on the drives?

I understood thank you..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back