Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Jun 6, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #4,832 of 8,217
hello, has anyone tried the Eclispe firmware on their 1z? thank you
No I'm staying on Midnight so can't comment on the Eclipse sound. And Eclipse is a sound tuning, not a custom fw

Jun 6, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #4,833 of 8,217
Just install official update once if you want to go stock or just go ahead install any mod firmwares if you like.

After "return to stock" from any mod firmwares, the walkman may sound a bit more toward north of neutral overall. Not quite as spacious, airy or sweet sounding. Install 3.02 update 4 times fixed for me.
Well, out of pure curiosity, I tried this trick, because I have noticed a slight(little) difference in balance after trying all the Planets and now, all of the new exiting firmwares. Even if is placebo, it does sound more open and much better balanced now. I did restore to factory every time after trying and that seems like ok. But this x4 trick sounds like it works! Thank you #RobertP! :)

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #4,834 of 8,217
I just install Jupiter301-T1-U_JP-1Z .exe, how to know if Jupiter is installed correctly, there is no information on this is Jupiter or not?
I like the firmware 3.01 stock than 3.02 and suit best with my library and earphones.

I there anyone who still uses the 3.01 and what custom firmware or setting are you use?

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #4,835 of 8,217
I just install Jupiter301-T1-U_JP-1Z .exe, how to know if Jupiter is installed correctly, there is no information on this is Jupiter or not?
I like the firmware 3.01 stock than 3.02 and suit best with my library and earphones.

I there anyone who still uses the 3.01 and what custom firmware or setting are you use?
All those older ones are sound tunings, not custom fw, and as such there is no indication on the player to shiw that they have been applied

Jun 8, 2021 at 4:04 AM Post #4,836 of 8,217
N/A

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #4,838 of 8,217
Jun 9, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #4,839 of 8,217
I don't understand hardware and know if it is possible to have a dual boot system but it would be good for us 'old school' users to have the choice.
I don't have much experience with android music playback and I wouldn't want to lose battery life or have the audio quality affected, but as much as I like the straightforward Walkman OS there are some android music app features that I would welcome.
arent some Ibassos dual boot with android and the mango OS?

Jun 9, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #4,840 of 8,217
arent some Ibassos dual boot with android and the mango OS?
I think I have read posts about dual boot for iBasso daps. I don't get the impression Sony care much for catering to a small segment that prefer the old OS but if they could perhaps boast better specs like battery life with the Sony OS they may have dual boot to give them a marketing edge.

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:10 AM Post #4,842 of 8,217
I think I have read posts about dual boot for iBasso daps. I don't get the impression Sony care much for catering to a small segment that prefer the old OS but if they could perhaps boast better specs like battery life with the Sony OS they may have dual boot to give them a marketing edge.
Yes, I agree

Jun 15, 2021 at 1:10 AM Post #4,843 of 8,217
It’s getting awfully quiet in here. Either everyone is already contented with what they have or just busy perhaps?

Jun 15, 2021 at 2:02 AM Post #4,844 of 8,217
It’s getting awfully quiet in here. Either everyone is already contented with what they have or just busy perhaps?
I mean. I've certainly been anticipating new FWs but at the same time I've been in no rush either. After all my current FW setup is far better than the stock, I cant complain even if Midnight/Dawn or any other firmware never comes to the A50 Series.

Hell to me that just tempts me to invest in a WM1.
Afterall Walkman himself i guess is still busy with his own problems right now, Nobody can blame him mans gotta live, what he has done for us at no cost is already more than enough to thank for.

So im pretty content of what i do have.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #4,845 of 8,217
I mean. I've certainly been anticipating new FWs but at the same time I've been in no rush either. After all my current FW setup is far better than the stock, I cant complain even if Midnight/Dawn or any other firmware never comes to the A50 Series.

Hell to me that just tempts me to invest in a WM1.
Afterall Walkman himself i guess is still busy with his own problems right now, Nobody can blame him mans gotta live, what he has done for us at no cost is already more than enough to thank for.

So im pretty content of what i do have.
True. Sometimes you come to a point where you feel what you have is simply so good that you can’t think of having something better. It’s always about personal contentment and individual needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back