Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Mar 28, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #4,397 of 8,223
Ill be using an NWZ-A25 for portable use.
For propper on the go I’m perfectly happy with my iPhone and the WF-1000XM3. No wires is terribly addictive once you’ve tried it and sq is perfectly good enough given ambient noise

Mar 28, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #4,398 of 8,223
For propper on the go I’m perfectly happy with my iPhone and the WF-1000XM3. No wires is terribly addictive once you’ve tried it and sq is perfectly good enough given ambient noise
Me too. IPhone and xm3 is glorious.

Mar 28, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #4,399 of 8,223
I don’t want to derail the thread too much, but are there any tips for improving the microphone response on the XM3, they don’t sound terrible for audio, but I find them abysmal for calls, people I speak to (and what I hear for myself from my gf who I bought a pair for) complain bitterly that they can hear everything pretty much other than the person their speaking with - not a problem with the APP

Mar 28, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #4,400 of 8,223
Hey, what do you think about pairing a sennheiser hd800, having a custom 4.4mm balanced cable, with wm1a? I cannot test this combo because the seller is from another city, but maybe there are others that may answer.
I don't know for sure, but depending on your SQ preference,that combination could be quite bright? Would the WM1a have sufficient juice to drive the hd800 in order to bring out the best in those headphones? I have the 1a and the 1z,but only ever use IEMs,no problem there.

Mar 28, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #4,402 of 8,223
I don’t want to derail the thread too much, but are there any tips for improving the microphone response on the XM3, they don’t sound terrible for audio, but I find them abysmal for calls, people I speak to (and what I hear for myself from my gf who I bought a pair for) complain bitterly that they can hear everything pretty much other than the person their speaking with - not a problem with the APP
Hmm, that’s odd. I’ve never had a problem with calls using the xm3. I speak to my wife and friends all the time with it and have had no issues. Perhaps there’s an issue with your unit or your phone settings? What phone do you use?

Mar 28, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #4,403 of 8,223
The HD414 was the first Sennheiser I head in 1975. It came out around 1969, I think?
My first headphones were the Sennheiser HD400's and I remember thinking at the time that they didn't go loud enough when used with my walkman.

I've had the following players (well those I can remember anyway).

Discman D50, D350, D555, D350, D915.

MiniDisc MZ-e62, MZ R-30, MZ R1, MZ R-900.
I loved them all.

Now I use my Galaxy Note 8, Sony NW-A55 and my Chromecast Audio for most of my music listening. I do miss that old hardware though.

Mar 28, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #4,404 of 8,223
The in ear XM3 or the full size ?

Mar 28, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #4,405 of 8,223
Hmm, that’s odd. I’ve never had a problem with calls using the xm3. I speak to my wife and friends all the time with it and have had no issues. Perhaps there’s an issue with your unit or your phone settings? What phone do you use?

The in ear XM3 or the full size ?
This is the WF-1000XM3 (iem) both I and my partner have them and the call quality is awful whether Android or iOS (as mentioned, its like there is no voice attenuation), as Meatloaf would say, everything's louder than everything else!

Mar 28, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #4,406 of 8,223
This is the WF-1000XM3 (iem) both I and my partner have them and the call quality is awful whether Android or iOS (as mentioned, its like there is no voice attenuation), as Meatloaf would say, everything's louder than everything else!
I don't often take a call with them as I hate the feeling of talking with plugs in the ears, but the few times I've done it I've had no complaints from the other party

Mar 28, 2021 at 11:38 PM Post #4,407 of 8,223
I don't often take a call with them as I hate the feeling of talking with plugs in the ears, but the few times I've done it I've had no complaints from the other party
I didn’t know Sony iem can even take a call 😅

Mar 28, 2021 at 11:41 PM Post #4,408 of 8,223
Mar 29, 2021 at 4:26 AM Post #4,409 of 8,223
Mar 29, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #4,410 of 8,223
Sorry for the late reply and thank you so much for the interest.

Yes, the update bar on the player’s screen completely filling up after the restart when using your battery charging image removal tool.

And again yes. When installing the official 3.01 fw from Sony website (I’m using 3.01 cause it’s the best sounding official fw for my taste) the update bar in the player’s screen completely filling up after the restart.

Here below is the error image that shows the player when the battery is drained and I plug the charger. I’ve never seen this image before. Also there is a “classic” low battery image too that I’ve never seen before that it’s showed sometimes when the battery is drained and after I plug the charger.

Thanks again!

AA2E112B-B3B6-4BE0-9845-B66D7BAA9AE0.jpeg
Just an update about the issue I experienced with my 1Z.
With the knowledge and extremely kind help of MrWalkman the issue is now fixed! Thank you so much!
Some beer sent 🍺🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back