Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Mar 17, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #4,276 of 8,232
Hi Chico Playero. Just you wait for the up-comming update of Midnight! It will check all the boxes! :)
Agreed, I have been going through my IEM collection, trying to wheedle out the ones I can sell and came across my Sony MDR-EX1000, always been polarising, and I’ve generally sat on the don’t like side, it didn’t start well, finding that my third party balanced cable had broken, putting the original BK-EX1000 cable back on (single ended) I have been surprised at just how balanced it has made the IEMs, no - doesn’t make them amazing to me, but makes them far more listenable than I’ve remembered - will be very happy when it gets released.

Mar 17, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #4,277 of 8,232
Another donation to MrWalkman :)

Mar 17, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #4,279 of 8,232
Donation just made too.I very much appreciate Mr.Walkmans stellar efforts, as well as the input of the community.As I've stated before,I have a strong feeling I'm the only "old timer" here.as in 67 year old ears.I will very much appreciate the communities guidance going forward.all the best, and thanks!!
I'm a 58 year old timer

Mar 17, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #4,280 of 8,232
Donation just made too.I very much appreciate Mr.Walkmans stellar efforts, as well as the input of the community.As I've stated before,I have a strong feeling I'm the only "old timer" here.as in 67 year old ears.I will very much appreciate the communities guidance going forward.all the best, and thanks!!
Almost there, I’m a 63 years old with slightly faded golden ears! :)

Mar 17, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #4,282 of 8,232
I'll be 64 in May. So there are a bunch of seasoned ears here.

Mar 17, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #4,284 of 8,232
everyone is young at heart here, as far as i am concerned

we are like kids inside a toy store :xf_cool:

Mar 17, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #4,285 of 8,232
28 here..😂😂 like a baby among the grown-ups

Mar 17, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #4,286 of 8,232
44 here, feels like 34 😂

Mar 17, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #4,287 of 8,232
Sorry for the late reply and thank you so much for the interest.
After the player restarts when using the "battery charging image removal tool", is the update bar on the player's screen completely filling up?
Yes, the update bar on the player’s screen completely filling up after the restart when using your battery charging image removal tool.
What happens if you try installing the official 3.02 firmware from the Sony website? Is that update bar on the player's screen completely filling up as well? The official firmware is not supposed to revert the battery image change, but I'm curious if installing it work.
And again yes. When installing the official 3.01 fw from Sony website (I’m using 3.01 cause it’s the best sounding official fw for my taste) the update bar in the player’s screen completely filling up after the restart.

Here below is the error image that shows the player when the battery is drained and I plug the charger. I’ve never seen this image before. Also there is a “classic” low battery image too that I’ve never seen before that it’s showed sometimes when the battery is drained and after I plug the charger.

Thanks again!

AA2E112B-B3B6-4BE0-9845-B66D7BAA9AE0.jpeg

Mar 17, 2021 at 11:33 PM Post #4,288 of 8,232
Just play loud
600x600bb.jpg

Rolled my WM1A back to Sony 3.02, flipped the region from J to E sounds really good after 1500+ on the clock. Like as not I'll revert to FEv2 in time...:)

Q-6

Mar 17, 2021 at 11:55 PM Post #4,289 of 8,232
Sorry for the late reply and thank you so much for the interest.

Yes, the update bar on the player’s screen completely filling up after the restart when using your battery charging image removal tool.

And again yes. When installing the official 3.01 fw from Sony website (I’m using 3.01 cause it’s the best sounding official fw for my taste) the update bar in the player’s screen completely filling up after the restart.

Here below is the error image that shows the player when the battery is drained and I plug the charger. I’ve never seen this image before. Also there is a “classic” low battery image too that I’ve never seen before that it’s showed sometimes when the battery is drained and after I plug the charger.

Thanks again!

AA2E112B-B3B6-4BE0-9845-B66D7BAA9AE0.jpeg
Been through a lot of CFW, never yet seen this. First thing springs to mind is to try another charger.

Q-6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back