Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Dec 6, 2020 at 12:26 AM Post #2,551 of 8,232
I can't live without the Remote on the go.
I usually put my songs on Shuffle and remote to skip songs.
Yep. Exactly what I do almost exclusively. Remote is a great utility.

Dec 6, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #2,552 of 8,232
Hi.

First of all thank you very much for this wonderful custom firmware. I've just this last few hours upgraded my faithful A35.

Everything perfect except for the "An error has occured...restart the player" that appears after I am waking the player up from a blank screen. I can easily live with this, no problems whatsoever. Can anyone confirm that this particular issue is just OK to leave "as is" ?

Thank you very much in advance for any feedback.

PS Can't get over just how much my unit sounds better for this firmware !!
screen.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2020 at 12:40 AM Post #2,553 of 8,232
Hi.

First of all thank you very much for this wonderful custom firmware. I've just this last few hours upgraded my faithful A35.

Just to add to this original message.

I had 2 other issues occur yesterday evening.

1. I had a complete device shutdown occur after a brief listening session. After approx 3 tracks. Device just crashed and auto re-booted. The thing to note is that after the device had re-booted it had the 1st track of my original listening session queued up on screen. The device did not remember what track was being listened to at moment of crash.
2. One of my fave songs came up in my playlist and the intro sounded great, so I skipped back to the start for another listen and the entire EQ of the song altered. The treble had just vanished and all I had was a muffled bassy tune. I skipped back to beginning of track and all went back to normal.

I'll have another session today to see if anything else occurs, then report back

For reference, I have DMP-A30 & DMP-A30 Ext Tuning installed. No issues occured during installation. Everything went smoothly.

Headphones/earphones being used. BLON-BL03, BLONBL05s, Sennheiser Momentum Over ear 2, Grado SR80E

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2020 at 12:44 AM Post #2,554 of 8,232
I am not entirely certain why this error occurs - it usually occurs on certain A55 users, but never heard of it on A45 or A35.

I can only recommend doing a full factory reset, or reinstalling the firmware.

Dec 7, 2020 at 12:47 AM Post #2,555 of 8,232
I am not entirely certain why this error occurs - it usually occurs on certain A55 users, but never heard of it on A45 or A35.

Sorry if that was answered before, just want clarification. If something seems going wrong and we want to reset the player for a "fresh" FE, should be simply perform a factory reset under the FE firmware, or should we restore the stock firmware, perform a factory reset, and reinstall the FE firmware? Thanks.

Dec 7, 2020 at 12:47 AM Post #2,556 of 8,232

Many thanks for that info. So the full factory reset can be done from within the device without the use of "stockrevert (DMP-A300) & stockrevert-Ext_tuning" etc ?
One thing to note is that I had done the region change to counter the EU device volume limit BEFORE adding your firmware.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2020 at 1:00 AM Post #2,557 of 8,232
Sorry if that was answered before, just want clarification. If something seems going wrong and we want to reset the player for a "fresh" FE, should be simply perform a factory reset under the FE firmware, or should we restore the stock firmware, perform a factory reset, and reinstall the FE firmware? Thanks.

You could do it from the installed firmware, no worries.

Many thanks for that info. So the full factory reset can be done from within the device without the use of "stockrevert (DMP-A300) & stockrevert-Ext_tuning" etc ?
One thing to note is that I had done the region change to counter the EU device volume limit BEFORE adding your firmware.

Region change has nothing to do with it.

You could try the factory reset, and if the issue still persists, you could also try reinstalling the firmware.

Some users had this issue, but it was gone after a while, for example. I never had it on my A55/A45, so I don't know what to say honestly.

Dec 7, 2020 at 1:35 AM Post #2,559 of 8,232
Dec 7, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #2,561 of 8,232
This is very strange. Had this issue yesterday when initially updating the firmware. The update process wouldn't start due to non detection of player when trying to update. I tried several USB ports on my main PC, no luck. Used my 3rd PC to update and all went perfectly. Yet today I am having the exact same USB issues on PC 3.

The prompt, as shown in the image below keeps repeating when I hit "OK".

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #2,562 of 8,232
This is very strange. Had this issue yesterday when initially updating the firmware. The update process wouldn't start due to non detection of player when trying to update. I tried several USB ports on my main PC, no luck. Used my 3rd PC to update and all went perfectly. Yet today I am having the exact same USB issues on PC 3.

The prompt, as shown in the image below keeps repeating when I hit "OK".

Had a similar issue once, I just restarted my PC and the player and all was fine.

Dec 7, 2020 at 3:53 AM Post #2,563 of 8,232
Had a similar issue once, I just restarted my PC and the player and all was fine.

Many thanks for the tip. I have tried re-booting PC 3, still same issue. Moved onto PC 1 same issue present.
I have used front and back USB 2 & 3 ports on my systems, plus tried a hub on both PC's, with same issues..
I'll have a go on my laptop later to see if that cures the problem.

I'll have a good listen/test of the device today just to see how it goes.

That "error" prompt I get seems to be intermittent. At present the device doesn't show that error, although the crash of the device happened when the "error" prompt was not present.

I do tend to shut my player down when I finish for the day. I will change these habits for a while and see what happens.

Many thanks again for your help and guidance.

Dec 7, 2020 at 4:00 AM Post #2,564 of 8,232

Restarting worked on my A35

Dec 7, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #2,565 of 8,232
I guess there can be instability issues on the A35/A45/A55R, as it's not running its native firmware...

The other solution would be a mod based on the stock firmware, but the stock firmware of A35/A45 is missing some features, like USB DAC/Bluetooth Receiver.

I also have another idea in mind, will work on it soon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back