Sony PFR-V1 (K1000 KILLER).... ORDERED!!!
Oct 18, 2007 at 1:57 PM Post #47 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by mingde10467 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To some of us, 003 is a hero.

He wears a cape you know? OK it's really just an old blanket, but still it looks cool.
biggrin.gif

I doubt anyone seriously expects these to make an AKG K1000 obsolete. Do remember that they're less than half the going rate of an average K1000 though.
There is a good chance that these could be a really nice set of headphones though. Time will tell, but I don't get the feeling that 003 is smiting the K1000. I think he was just attempting to draw some interest to these new phones in a fun way.

Oct 18, 2007 at 2:01 PM Post #48 of 126
Quote:

Another good point. Do you really think a company of sony's size, and with their experience in marketing would really put out a product that is not only ugly and expensive, but does not live up to what they said it does?

Yes, and it's called the Qualia.

Oct 18, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #49 of 126
Not to disagree with anyone but just to toss out an alternate opinion. There are plenty of people on head-fi that either consider the R10 or Qualia to be one of the best, or even the best headphones ever made. I have not heard them myself, and I can not comment.

Just pointing out that while yes, the people that don't seem to be to pleased with them have gravitated towards this thread, there is also an equal if not larger number of people that would strongly disagree.

Same goes for the SA5000 and CD3000, they both have plenty of people on head-fi who consider them to be great headphones. Even the F1 has a small group of followers.

So yes, while there may be people on head-fi who don't think to highly of these headphones, keep in mind, that your opinions don't seem to be shared by everybody else.

In fact, the very same things go for all the other "high end" headphones discussed on head-fi. For example, I don't consider the HD650 to be high end. I find they sound quite bad.

Does that mean my opinion is shared by all other head-fi members? Certainly not. I do not want to start discussing the HD650, either. I am simply using it as an example.

So please, before we start bashing the PFR-V1 (both directly and indirectly) before I've even heard it, lets wait on that, shall we?

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 18, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #50 of 126
Oct 20, 2007 at 1:19 AM Post #55 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not to disagree with anyone but just to toss out an alternate opinion. There are plenty of people on head-fi that either consider the R10 or Qualia to be one of the best, or even the best headphones ever made. I have not heard them myself, and I can not comment.

Just pointing out that while yes, the people that don't seem to be to pleased with them have gravitated towards this thread, there is also an equal if not larger number of people that would strongly disagree.

Same goes for the SA5000 and CD3000, they both have plenty of people on head-fi who consider them to be great headphones. Even the F1 has a small group of followers.

So yes, while there may be people on head-fi who don't think to highly of these headphones, keep in mind, that your opinions don't seem to be shared by everybody else.

In fact, the very same things go for all the other "high end" headphones discussed on head-fi. For example, I don't consider the HD650 to be high end. I find they sound quite bad.

Does that mean my opinion is shared by all other head-fi members? Certainly not. I do not want to start discussing the HD650, either. I am simply using it as an example.

So please, before we start bashing the PFR-V1 (both directly and indirectly) before I've even heard it, lets wait on that, shall we?

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

I love them but they are not hi end IMO.. But people will start calling you a snob like they did me when I stated the 701/580 are not hi end end headphones.. I guess some people want to have the 'best' & get defensive when you tell them otherwise.. Hi End equals R10/Q10/K1000/PS-1/L3000/Omegas & a few more.. But thats just me..
eggosmile.gif

Oct 20, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #57 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bet they put K1000 drivers inside the earcups...that would explain everything....

The K1000 drivers could swallow the PFR-V1 drivers whole. They would have to be magicians to put the K1000 drivers inside those things.

Oct 20, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #58 of 126
11th day into this headphones. I am starting to like it over my Sennheiser HD580... it sounds fun.. I can't help it. >_<

Oct 20, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #60 of 126
Audio-Fi could you take some pics
smily_headphones1.gif

Edwood, if someone would send me a K1000 for the purpose of comparison, I could definitely do that. I have a suitable amp I could drive them with.

And I sense sarcasm in your post. I never "thought" they would be K1000 killers. I don't "think" anything about them yet because I've never heard them. I have explained several times now why I put k1000 killers in the title, I don't want to explain again
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back