Sony PFR-V1 (K1000 KILLER).... ORDERED!!!
Oct 17, 2007 at 10:38 PM Post #16 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another good point. Do you really think a company of sony's size, and with their experience in marketing would really put out a product that is not only ugly and expensive, but does not live up to what they said it does? Marketing disaster right there, and sony's not that stupid, I don't think.

I've said this a million times but I'll say it again. Look at sony's other high end dynamic headphones, the R10, Qualia 010, CD3000, SA5000, MDR-F1, etc... They obviously have a lot of experience with extremely high end dynamic headphones and are not new to this.

Yeah they have a lot of experience with dynamic cans but as of right now those cans are pretty much hit or miss. The CD3000 and SA5000 have a somewhat thin, bright, harsh sound that is very hard to listen for more than 15 minutes. The Qualia at its pricepoint is way too finicky with placement that it never really broke into the true hifi mainstream. I think the R10's sound fantastic but I know it is split 50/50 as some find them bass light and bright sounding, but that sure is a lot of money to ask for such a polarizing, dare I say colored headphone. So if you are basing your claim on this wacky doohicky of a thing sounding good based on past dynamic cans, well we definitely are not off to a good start
icon10.gif

Oct 17, 2007 at 10:38 PM Post #17 of 126
Quote:

I can't say I'm not a bit skeptical, and actually, that mixed with also being naturally curious is what made me take the first plunge here. Well, I'll know how they are when I get them, I guess.
cool.gif

At least you have a good pair of headphones to compare them against, so we will see.

Oct 17, 2007 at 10:38 PM Post #18 of 126
Quote:

Another good point. Do you really think a company of sony's size, and with their experience in marketing would really put out a product that is not only ugly and expensive, but does not live up to what they said it does? Marketing disaster right there, and sonys not that stupid, I don't think.

*cough*PS3*cough*

Quote:

I've said this a million times but I'll say it again. Look at sony's other high end dynamic headphones, the R10, Qualia 010, CD3000, SA5000, MDR-F1, etc... They obviously have a lot of experience with extremely high end dynamic headphones and are not new to this.

Sony had hits with the R10, Qualia and CD3000, but most of the other headphones they're producing now only scratch at the entry- to mid-level markets, at the most. Once you lose the skill that made the high-end products possible, it's very hard to regain them - and Sony made very few products at that level that were truly hits. It was after they were long gone that we started to appreciate them more.

Also, your provocative thread title and not-review is not conducive to creating a thread that is geared towards fair and unbiased discussion of the headphone in question.

It remains to be seen if these truly live up to the K1000's level of performance.

Oct 17, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #20 of 126
Does that proboscis thing really go inside your ear? That seems creepy.
confused.gif
But if the young lady delivers them to you in that little car, then I might be willing to try it out!
wink.gif

shibuya2.jpg

Oct 17, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #21 of 126
As I stated before there is something about these that makes me think they might be a pretty nice headphone. Of coarse there's no way to know for sure until someone posts some good feedback. 003 has owned some very nice gear, and I'm sure he'll give us the real scoop.

Also I don't find these ugly at all. On the contrary I rather like the look.
I look forward to your impressions, and congratulations!

Oct 17, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #22 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does that proboscis thing really go inside your ear? That seems creepy.
confused.gif
But if the young lady delivers them to you in that little car, then I might be willing to try it out!
wink.gif

I think it just rests at the entrance of your ear canal, it doesn't go in your ear. That would be pretty nasty.
eek.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, well obviously I can't get a straight answer from you. Song, album, whichever. You know what I mean.

There is a big difference in how it makes the question look, so no I didn't just "know what you mean." It doesn't matter, if you really wanted an answer you would ask in an appropriate thread or PM, not just try to give me a hard time in a random thread again. That is the last I will say in this thread about it.

Oct 17, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #23 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also I don't find these ugly at all. On the contrary I rather like the look.

I think you have inhaled a little too much sawdust.
tongue.gif

Oct 17, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #24 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you have inhaled a little too much sawdust.
tongue.gif

Well there's no doubt about that, but I still like the look. It's unique, and to me it's a simple, ergonomic design. I appreciate the restraint of the designer.

Oct 17, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #25 of 126
Yeah I really dont think they're that ugly ... at least no more ugly than some of the other headphones popular on head fi .

Oct 17, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #26 of 126
While I can see myself owning one of this, let's keep also in prospective the price point sony has set. They are not known for high performance/price ratio in their product line.

Having said that, I am looking forward to your impressions. Hopefully they'll sound great and brake my low expectations. They ship EMS so you should have them quick.

Oct 17, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #27 of 126
Just got contacted by the seller and they won't ship until Oct 20th-22nd which kind of defeats the point of EMS, but oh well.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back