Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Sep 25, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #152 of 7,711
Ok, so it's a limited edition japanese only release ?

I also want to learn the answer of this question.

Please be a worlwide product
rolleyes.gif

Sep 25, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #153 of 7,711
  I'm fairly sure I'm going to buy one....lol @ the Somes Saddle limited case for 25,000 yen.....reminds me of iRiver....but then it is Sony.  =P  This thing is going to have crazy form factor.  You can already preorder the thing, seems like if you preorder before 12/26 you get 3 years of complete warranty (dunno how good it'll do international customers).  If anyone needs help ordering this, can contact the proxy buying service I use......very reputable in every way and can help everyone outside of Japan purchase this without issues.....and oh right, the cheapest fees compared to all the other services out there and he doesn't have an issue helping with "creative declarations" for those stricter countries with high duties.

http://proxy.kolektakon.com/

Now that lithium batteries isn't a trouble in Japan, it's a no brainer.

I understood mostly everything from my Japanese/kanji(Chinese) skills for the most part, seems to be a killer player.  Going to have the wife read it over to confirm some things in the morning.  Thanks for the link!

10% commission fee!  
eek.gif

I think I  will do it myself and use Tenso. 
wink.gif

Sep 25, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #154 of 7,711
Hmm December release for Japan... Hope this won't be a limited edition model, so that even if local Sony stores here don't carry this, I still can get one during my trip there next March-April...

Sep 25, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #155 of 7,711

128GB should be plenty even for hi-rez.  I own the F807 and it is super speedy at transferring files and scanning library.  Seriously though, the ZX-1 is relatively well priced compared to the AK120.

When you put it like that it makes me fell better. I suppose I can't complain too much, I was expecting this thing to be upwards or close to $900+
Although the iceing on the cake would have been the inclusion off a micro SD slot. Next year the 128GB cards come out and now you magically have 250GB of goodness.

Sep 25, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #156 of 7,711
> microSD slot
> Sony

If there was an audio god, even he wouldn't be able to work miracles to that extent...

This is onboard flash (I presume from the size) so the indexing speeds seem promising already. Just want to drive home that point. Though not all NAND are equal.
Again, the page doesn't completely load for me, so if I read it wrong...

Sep 25, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #157 of 7,711
10% commission fee!  :eek:  
I think I  will do it myself and use Tenso. :wink:  

I don't think Sony walkman site (like most Japanese sites) accept international credit cards. you'd need a Japanese credit card or bank account usually to buy to get it to tenso. but yeah proxy wise I've used a bunch through the years and he's the cheapest overall. but yeah maybe Amazon or rakuten will have it later and then you can use international credit cards. I actually helped him start the service so I knew where he had to be to be competitive. going to have wife look this over for buying details....Probably will get bitched for wanting it hah.

Sep 25, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #161 of 7,711
I think its around 75,000 yen, if that's true, it's not as expensive as dx100 and hm901. 
Amplification seems to be a problem though, not much power output and I don't think you can stack it nicely since the back is not flat

Sep 25, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #165 of 7,711
Looking at the ZX1 makes me feel embarrassed for all of those hideous ugly DAPs that are on the market right now. I just bought the FiiO X3 and it looks like it is from the stone age! I wont even comment on the Colorfly, HiFiMAN or HiFiSound products! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back