Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Sep 17, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #121 of 7,711
So F886 will not be the flagship model okay. The first post in this thread has photos and I must say that thing looks darn sexy. I am curious about it. To be honest, I think I will wait for it before deciding which dap to buy next. I hope it will be world wide model and the price won't go to 1k euros range. When I have some free time I will read the entire thread too.

Sep 17, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #122 of 7,711
  So F886 will not be the flagship model okay.

Thats a tough one to answer. Only Sony can answer that.
Since its an anniversary special it could be a 'LIMITED EDITION' and many of us may not be fortunate to obtain one.

I remember Aiwa & Sony walkmans that came out and the limited edition ones were fast gone.

Since Sony never released an anniversary special DAP, its hard to say at this point how many units will be produced and whether the US will get few units.

For now the new F886 should be the flagship.

Sep 17, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #123 of 7,711
  Thats a tough one to answer. Only Sony can answer that.
Since its an anniversary special it could be a 'LIMITED EDITION' and many of us may not be fortunate to obtain one.

I remember Aiwa & Sony walkmans that came out and the limited edition ones were fast gone.

Since Sony never released an anniversary special DAP, its hard to say at this point how many units will be produced and whether the US will get few units.

For now the new F886 should be the flagship.

Okay thanks for the info. It is still nice to know that Sony didn't forget audiophiles. When I was a kid I had very good time with their cd players
happy_face1.gif
If they really make it happen (worldwide and quality player), I am all in. What I read so far is so tempting. Especially the capacity (over 160 gb apparently). So I am waiting before I purchase something.

Sep 19, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #124 of 7,711
I did see some promotional images for Sony's new Hi-Rez audio lineup that included this player, which leads me to think this might not be a "Limited Edition" and more of a "High End" player.
Also the images displayed on this player remind me more of when Sony was putting Symbian on phones as opposed to Android.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for this device.

Sep 19, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #125 of 7,711
I am so interested in this player,...I hope Sony makes an announcement. I'm dying for more info!!!

Sep 20, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #126 of 7,711
  I did see some promotional images for Sony's new Hi-Rez audio lineup that included this player, which leads me to think this might not be a "Limited Edition" and more of a "High End" player.
Also the images displayed on this player remind me more of when Sony was putting Symbian on phones as opposed to Android.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for this device.

Even though What Hi-fi remarked:

"It's likely this player will do without WiFi, Android or an FM tuner – or indeed any other parts that complicate the internal circuitry – and will instead focus solely on audio quality"

I still strongly suspect the NWZ-ZX1 will be an Android device.

1) it's immediate predecessor is Android.

2) the upcoming F880 is Android, as can be seen here:
http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/img/avw/docs/614/488/html/s01.jpg.html

Sony would have to be nuts to develop an entirely different operating system for the flagship ZX1

Also see this post:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/680208/sonys-dsd-capable-pha-2-portable-headphone-amp-dac/90#post_9819696

Sep 20, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #127 of 7,711
If Sony can implement the OS of the X & A series and add in some more features, it would be stellar.

I've had the Z walkman for almost 2 years not and never ever went into android and played around. Whats the point in it, if one doesnt use it?

BTW, does anyone know what the OS of X & A series is/was?

Sep 20, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #128 of 7,711
  If Sony can implement the OS of the X & A series and add in some more features, it would be stellar.

I've had the Z walkman for almost 2 years not and never ever went into android and played around. Whats the point in it, if one doesnt use it?

BTW, does anyone know what the OS of X & A series is/was?

What's the point of an SD slot? Same argument. I don't need it nor want it, but yet some do. If you never use Android beyond the Walkman app, so what? They are not bringing back the dedicated WalkmanOS (or whatever it was called) they used pre-the Z.

The fact is, it's much easier to develop on a non-custom and standardized platform like Android, Windows, or iOS than develop and maintain your own OS these days.

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #129 of 7,711
ZX1 will be released in this December. Price is around 75,000 Yen ($760 USD).

Memory size: 128GB
Display: 4.0", WVGA(854 x 480 Pixels)
Digital amp: S-Master HX
Formats supported: FLAC, WAV, AIFF, Apple Lossless, MP3, WMA, ACC, HE-ACC, ATRAC
Dimensions: 122.8 x 60.7 x 15.3 (mm)

*USB Audio supported (192kHz/24bit)

http://www.sony.jp/walkman/products/NW-ZX1/

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #131 of 7,711
  ZX-1 will be released in this December. Price is around 75,000 Yen ($760 USD).

Formats supported: FLAC, WAV, AIFF, Apple Lossless, MP3, WMA, ACC, HE-ACC, ATRAC

WOW O.o

Can someone decode the Japanese and compare it with the F880. Google translate ain't that helpful.

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #132 of 7,711
  ZX-1 will be released in this December. Price is around 75,000 Yen ($760 USD).

Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god.

They did it. They finally did it. 128GB on a Sony DAP. 
So many people I want to thank - my mother, my coach for always believing in me...

But I couldn't find the weight or the battery life stated. Hmm...

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #133 of 7,711

So many people I want to thank - my mother, my coach for always believing in me...

LOL.
The price-tag will add an extra kilogram to the weight :p

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #134 of 7,711

Still, at 760$ it competes directly with the DX100 and to a lesser extent the 901...even if it looks much prettier and much smaller, it better sound good at this price...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back