Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
May 7, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #7,352 of 7,711
I use with a Mojo and Neutron player but the Mojo indicates the sample rate at 44. What app do you use with the Hugo to output 192?

ZX1 direct to Hugo, no 3rd party app, using the ZX1 internal music player.  Physically connected using the WM digital cable or Sony dock and Moon Audio silver dragon USB to micro usb to plug into the Hugo.

May 7, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #7,354 of 7,711
Thanks for your help, I've tried all the best USB player third party apps. Never tried the built in player, Mojo lights now indicate Hi Res playback. You have solved my dilemma, thanks.

Glad to help. Happy listening!

May 7, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #7,355 of 7,711
Hey guys I know this isn't a Walkman f880 thread but that thread has pretty much been abandoned and I'm in dire need of help!

my Walkman f887 64gb model does not detect wifi anymore and I figured one of you gurus may be able to help me out. Thanks guys I appreciate it

May 7, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #7,356 of 7,711
Hey guys I know this isn't a Walkman f880 thread but that thread has pretty much been abandoned and I'm in dire need of help!

my Walkman f887 64gb model does not detect wifi anymore and I figured one of you gurus may be able to help me out. Thanks guys I appreciate it

I'm no guru, but mine lost wifi once even though my router was working on everything else.  I rebooted the router and the Sony started working again.  Might be worth a try.

May 7, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #7,358 of 7,711
It doesn't pick up wifi signals no matter where i am, I even did the factory reset. I'm starting to think the wifi antenna is broke
frown.gif

Very possible.  The only other thing to check is that you haven't inadvertently turned on airplane mode.  Sorry.

May 8, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #7,363 of 7,711
Just an update from a few weeks ago regarding my dads Japanese ZX1 which would not charge or sync through the WM port.

Sent of to Sony Service UK in Wales to check it over as even after mentioning it was a Japan model they said send it in the report came back as could not repair due to not been able to get the parts for it with it been a Japanese model.

Issue was down to main board from what they said even though there is no mention of what it is on paperwork sent back. All cost were refunded to my Dad also as usually there is a cost just to inspect it so they must of realized their mistake taking it in the first place.

So for anyone who has a Japanese ZX1 in UK or Europe come to that prey it does not start to play up. I am one of them also owning one myself and still think despite lacking the latest sd card slots, extra battery life and arrivals of ZX2 and ZX100 since this is still a very capable sounding player with a design that is still ahead of the ZX2 and ZX100 which for me are getting worse again, not better.

Despite EU models with volume caps It will make me think twice about a Japanese model next time as to get fixed now back in Japan might cost more than it's worth but I will be phoning Sony up next week to find out route to getting fixed by Sony Japan and cost as my dad got no joy from the UK Sony service team on this subject.

May 8, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #7,364 of 7,711
Just an update from a few weeks ago regarding my dads Japanese ZX1 which would not charge or sync through the WM port.

Sent of to Sony Service UK in Wales to check it over as even after mentioning it was a Japan model they said send it in the report came back as could not repair due to not been able to get the parts for it with it been a Japanese model.

Issue was down to main board from what they said even though there is no mention of what it is on paperwork sent back. All cost were refunded to my Dad also as usually there is a cost just to inspect it so they must of realized their mistake taking it in the first place.

So for anyone who has a Japanese ZX1 in UK or Europe come to that prey it does not start to play up. I am one of them also owning one myself and still think despite lacking the latest sd card slots, extra battery life and arrivals of ZX2 and ZX100 since this is still a very capable sounding player with a design that is still ahead of the ZX2 and ZX100 which for me are getting worse again, not better.

Despite EU models with volume caps It will make me think twice about a Japanese model next time as to get fixed now back in Japan might cost more than it's worth but I will be phoning Sony up next week to find out route to getting fixed by Sony Japan and cost as my dad got no joy from the UK Sony service team on this subject.
You know those bastards could get parts, they just want you to buy another one

May 8, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #7,365 of 7,711
You know those bastards could get parts, they just want you to buy another one

There is always the pessimist part of me that thinks along those lines too but they still would of got over £80 to fix this. 

Thing is that is a dangerous game to play in theory as much as my Dad likes the Sony player he is now looking at other manufacturers as there is so much choice out there currently and don't think he wants to be stung again with a Japanese player yet at same time not have the volume cap still that EU Sony models can have.  

Only thing I could think of with changing the main board with it been Japanese would be maybe having to re-install the software which then obviously Sony UK would not have.  

Be interesting to know if any other Japanese ZX1 owners in the EU have had this happen with their player at all?..

But yes, it looks like my Dad might be looking elsewhere for a new dap and regretfully I will be too for my next dap when time comes unless Sony can really make a killer Walkman that wipes the floor with the rest...

Will see how this phone call goes with Sony service during the week so not given up just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back