Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jul 11, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #6,991 of 7,711
Yes i know i have one. But when it is full simply tranfer some audio track to an external storage. I don't think that listen to all albuns or tracks they have in the player so remove some of them.  When they want they can have them back again. Why leave in the player music that we don't hear always?

Jul 11, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #6,992 of 7,711
  Yes i know i have one. But when it is full simply tranfer some audio track to an external storage. I don't think that listen to all albuns or tracks they have in the player so remove some of them.  When they want they can have them back again. Why leave in the player music that we don't hear always?

True.

I have the ZX2 and I've only used up 33GB of the internal storage, and I have a empty 64GB micro sdxc card in the unit, in my PC I have enough music files to fill it up, but it's not always the type of music I want to listen to.

Jul 11, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #6,993 of 7,711

True.

I have the ZX2 and I've only used up 33GB of the internal storage, and I have a empty 64GB micro sdxc card in the unit, in my PC I have enough music files to fill it up, but it's not always the type of music I want to listen to.

Yes.

We must use all the player in the same maner we use a dvd or bd player. When you want to see a movie you must put the dvd or bd disc into the player. We can do the same with the portable media players We don´t listen at the same time all the song we put in it. It is just a player not a palyer to have infinite files on it.

Jul 11, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #6,994 of 7,711
I think 128GB is quite a lot.

Even at cd-quality, 30 albums is only 10GB. Many people can nearly halve that with FLAC. Or have I got my maths wrong? I am looking at files in my music player. I imported them as FLAC, but they show up at bit rate = 1411kbps. Which I understand is CD-quality. However they are labelled as FLAC. I'm confused. It still means lots of space whatever though.

Only true hi-res music is going to take more space, but there is even FLAC for hi-res.

I think the ZX1 will hold about 70 full fat 384Khz albums. Just swap a few over. I suppose though if you have access to lots of high res stuff, you might want more space. Persoanlly I do not even know where to buy 394KHz music. Then there is the case of affording it. Most 96KHz music I see is £18 per album, as opposed to maybe £7 per CD.

Jul 11, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #6,995 of 7,711
  I think 128GB is quite a lot.

Even at cd-quality, 30 albums is only 10GB. Many people can nearly halve that with FLAC.

Only true hi-res music is going to take more space, but there is even FLAC for hi-res.

I think the ZX1 will hold about 70 full fat 384Khz albums. Just swap a few over. I suppose though if you have access to lots of high res stuff, you might want more space. Persoanlly I do not even know where to buy 394KHz music. Then there is the case of affording it. Most 96KHz music I see is £18 per album, as opposed to maybe £7 per CD.

I only use hi.res music 24 bi 96kHz but i made them by myself. i use the original wav file taken from cd or flac track then i clean it from pops and clicks, aftyer i transcode to hi.res, the next step is to remaster them to 98 dB mantaining the different differences in db beetween track in the same album then i convert them to flac. The result is a superb sound in nwz-zx1.

Jul 11, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #6,996 of 7,711

If you have only 16 GB like on my A845 it can get a little limited but 113 GB usable space is all we where crying for from Sony, now we got it and want more, lol.....

Jul 11, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #6,997 of 7,711
^^ 128gb is actually enough for me..perhaps because i dont have much albums to begin with compared to some members here who got tons of CDs and other recordings but even if i dont use that much space i actually wanted a 1TB minimum internal memory with indefinite micro SD size expansion capacity.. :grin:

Jul 27, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #6,998 of 7,711
Serious question here. How does ZX2 compare with ZX1 ? I am not following up with audio related stuff lately. ZX1 is lying collecting dust on my table. Just recharged it after months.

Jul 27, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #7,000 of 7,711

Well, this is what I thought when I compared the two.

So that's not a huge leap to justify the upgrade. I do agree that ZX1 sounds more clinical to my taste (with no EQing). Not a perfect combination with UM Miracle. But when I add LEAR FSM 02 V2 (MUSE01), the fun increases by a huge stretch. More airy, more detailed, more punchy, and a fun sound signature overall. I hate to carry LEAR FSM 02 V2 though as it simply means a lot less portability. But at home this is my go to combo now.

Thanks for the link to post. I will wait for its price to fall down half the price.

Jul 28, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #7,001 of 7,711
The ZX1 does not sound clinical with any of my headphones. Maybe your IEMs are the problem, not the ZX1. I am talking about my IE800, MDR-EX1000, MDR-MA900 and MDR-Z7. You see, I am not so much into balanced armature, more into classic dynamic drivers.

Jul 28, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #7,002 of 7,711
I like ZX1 with trance music, much beter than ZX2. maybe ZX2 is meant for you.
The ZX1 does not sound clinical with any of my headphones. Maybe your IEMs are the problem, not the ZX1. I am talking about my IE800, MDR-EX1000, MDR-MA900 and MDR-Z7. You see, I am not so much into balanced armature, more into classic dynamic drivers.

Jul 28, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #7,003 of 7,711
I like ZX1 with trance music, much beter than ZX2. maybe ZX2 is meant for you.

I just had a long listen to R.E.M. AUTOMATIC FOR THE PEOPLE ZX1 > Z7. Love it as is, right now I don't need the ZX2.

Jul 28, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #7,004 of 7,711

I would say veering on the side of revealing too much but lacking a distinct character and warmth, if that explains it better. My iems are mentioned in my signature. But I use UM Miracle mostly. Without pairing up the custom amp it doesn't get the character I like.

Jul 29, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #7,005 of 7,711
I just had a long listen to R.E.M. AUTOMATIC FOR THE PEOPLE ZX1 > Z7. Love it as is, right now I don't need the ZX2.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.
biggrin.gif

...and good for you wallet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back