Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jun 30, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #6,961 of 7,711

I also will join the club tomorrow if I am lucky. Have the F886 and the A15 already. Pulled the rigger in an Ebay auction on reflex and got it for a good price. I also would like to know how to uninstall as much as possible Google stuff to save energy. The F886 could also need some help to last me longer. Only the A15 lasts real long. You forget to watch the battery symbol for days, before it gets critical.

Jun 30, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #6,962 of 7,711

I also will join the club tomorrow if I am lucky. Have the F886 and the A15 already. Pulled the rigger in an Ebay auction on reflex and got it for a good price. I also would like to know how to uninstall as much as possible Google stuff to save energy. The F886 could also need some help to last me longer. Only the A15 lasts real long. You forget to watch the battery symbol for days, before it gets critical.

Congratulations, it is a very nice little unit.  Haven't tried removing google stuff, as it doesn't appear to be the most simple task.  I watch the battery on this every day.

Jul 1, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #6,963 of 7,711
It has arrived. The seller sent it filled with loads of music, 50% high res. He probably sold it because he ran out of memory. 110 Gb of music of which I probably like 80%. What a deal.

Jul 2, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #6,964 of 7,711
It has arrived. The seller sent it filled with loads of music, 50% high res. He probably sold it because he ran out of memory. 110 Gb of music of which I probably like 80%. What a deal.

Looking forward to impressions!

Jul 2, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #6,965 of 7,711
First impression, the ZX1 bests my A15 and F886 be a good margin. even my 320 vbr AAC files sound great. Very good bass control and the rest of the spectrum is also fantastic. Stellar build quality of the device, the case that Sony gives you with the ZX1 is a real joke, because the side buttons cannot be presses at all. The leather flip case I got with it is from the best quality imaginable, very useful and beautiful.
So I am very happy with the ZX1 from the start.

Jul 3, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #6,966 of 7,711
  First impression, the ZX1 bests my A15 and F886 be a good margin. even my 320 vbr AAC files sound great. Very good bass control and the rest of the spectrum is also fantastic. Stellar build quality of the device, the case that Sony gives you with the ZX1 is a real joke, because the side buttons cannot be presses at all. The leather flip case I got with it is from the best quality imaginable, very useful and beautiful.

I told you!

Jul 3, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #6,967 of 7,711
Charging for the first time with the iPhone wall charger adapter.  Seems to be working ok!

Jul 3, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #6,969 of 7,711
Hi,

At this point is their a working hack for rooting the ZX-1 since i want to remove some google stuff and want to install some nice apps for an even better audio experience but they need root access. I'm currently on android 4.1.1. I've tried to search but it's all Chinese and google translate sucks :)  

Thx in advance. 

Jul 3, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #6,970 of 7,711
Hi,

At this point is their a working hack for rooting the ZX-1 since i want to remove some google stuff and want to install some nice apps for an even better audio experience but they need root access. I'm currently on android 4.1.1. I've tried to search but it's all Chinese and google translate sucks :)  

Thx in advance. 
i have seen earlier in the thread that they managed to root the ZX1, unfortunately i could not remember what page it was..all you could do is just leave whatever apps you got out of the box, do not update them, do not install new ones and just use the device as a hi-res player but yeah since you mentioned something about apps that needs root access then i hope you could find a solution online..personally i do not find rooting the device necessary..

Jul 3, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #6,971 of 7,711
  Hi,

Thx in advance. 

You might pm member SilverRanger, as he mentioned in post #3314 that he had removed Google.

Jul 8, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #6,973 of 7,711

I was looking for the F886 last night, but it's already not available on Amazon. The ZX1 is so expensive though in the UK at £500. I am pining for one though and might give in one day.

For now I am going to have a good look through this thread.
regular_smile .gif

Btw, great avatar.

Jul 9, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #6,974 of 7,711
I was looking for the F886 last night, but it's already not available on Amazon. The ZX1 is so expensive though in the UK at £500. I am pining for one though and might give in one day.

For now I am going to have a good look through this thread.
regular_smile%20.gif

Btw, great avatar.
I must listen to the A15...

I saw one in Currys the other day for £159 and I will say it made me a little reticent that I paid nearly six times that for the ZX2...

With all the best will in the world, I hope the A15 sounds really bad...

Jul 9, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #6,975 of 7,711
I must listen to the A15...

I saw one in Currys the other day for £159 and I will say it made me a little reticent that I paid nearly six times that for the ZX2...

With all the best will in the world, I hope the A15 sounds really bad...

The A15 is not bad, but cannot compete with my ZX1. It has it's own merits and let's say 80% of the sound quality of the ZX1. It has a good fm radio, fantastic battery life and is small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back