Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Oct 6, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #6,331 of 7,711
Just a difference of opinion but I much prefer bigger internal memory than sd cards.
Tends to be quicker to directly fill the internal memory.
Often takes a while for machines to read and categorise larger cards, particularly the 128gig cards.

My ibasso dx90 struggled at times reading such cards. Even the AK240 can be a bit awkward when it comes to removing and replacing the card.

I actually like the fact the Sony Nwz-zx1 is internal memory only.
I delete albums after listening to them and top up once a week from my 4 Terabytes of FLAC files.

Internal memory is gold standard,thats fine but micro sd is cheaper and swappable with many devices so transfer is very very easy without using any laptop/tablet as an intermediary.
Best is large internal memory with sd card slot
biggrin.gif

Oct 6, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #6,332 of 7,711

Internal memory is gold standard,thats fine but micro sd is cheaper and swappable with many devices so transfer is very very easy without using any laptop/tablet as an intermediary.
Best is large internal memory with sd card slot
biggrin.gif

Sounds like the AK240 
biggrin.gif

Then again, transferring 200GB+ of lossless music files took me the whole night (about 6 hours) ... it was excruciatingly slow.
Makes you wonder if iRiver decided to put in a bloody slow read/write speed on their internal dual 128GB flash memory.
Absolutely hated the experience. Had subsequent updates not been just adding a few albums, would have returned the bugger (solid SQ or not).

microSD is cheaper (at least till 64GGB) and swappable. Only wish them dap makers start using exFAT instead of FAT32. Somehow in my experience, reading them cards in exFAT would be alot more efficient and faster too.

Oct 6, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #6,333 of 7,711
Quite possible but maybe ur collection had too many files?

I have no experience of this huge a transfer as I still use a lowly clip+ with 64 gb super cheap class 4 card(i know,damn cheap,lol).

Oct 6, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #6,334 of 7,711
Quite possible but maybe ur collection had too many files?

I have no experience of this huge a transfer as I still use a lowly clip+ with 64 gb super cheap class 4 card(i know,damn cheap,lol).

hmmm... about 7,000+ files. Then again, the AK240 is capable of 256GB storage, so it's really no excuse to write so slowly.
Lets not forget it is a pricey little fella. To transfer files slower than many less pricey daps out there is a joke in my books. Goes to show how much thought the iRiver team did in designing the product by specification instead of real world usage conditions.

As well, enough said about the AK240. It is no longer in my stable of gears having not lived up to its price tag.

Back to the ZX1. i have to say, paired with the Roxanne, and it is an excellent combination. 
The soundstage the ZX1 delivers to the Roxanne is what i would put as "Gloriously Thunderous on a large canvas".
They mate very well and owners of either item should give the two a pairing audition. Simply wonderful match.  

Oct 6, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #6,335 of 7,711
kenz

You must donate ur idle gear,in this case ak240 to others(am rotting for myself here,lol)

On topic did u consider cowon plenue p1?
I think with jet audio 7 it will have the best eq among all,even better than clear bass of sony which was the only thing I loved about my e-class walkman.

Has anyone even got p1?

Oct 6, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #6,337 of 7,711
@kenz

You must donate ur idle gear,in this case ak240 to others(am rotting for myself here,lol)

On topic did u consider cowon plenue p1?
I think with jet audio 7 it will have the best eq among all,even better than clear bass of sony which was the only thing I loved about my e-class walkman.

Has anyone even got p1?

haha... Good one, sardar17.

Afraid the AK240 is in a new home now. :)

Was considering the Plenue P1 till the news came that it would only be in limited markets.
Quite disappointing news really. By the time Cowon decides to bring it international, we would have plenty of other options.

Honestly at this point i doubt if there's much coverage on P1 given its limited availability now.

Oct 6, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #6,338 of 7,711
Where are u from?

I mean even cowon india has it for like 1400-1500$ listed,so I guess it got a release else where too.Generally india gets nothing,lol.

Oct 6, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #6,341 of 7,711
I hate singapore,everything is available there,lol

Just ordered havi b3 from lmue yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back