Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Sep 26, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #6,301 of 7,711
That would completely depend on your sound preferences and music choice!

I have a set of H3 on the way. Should arrive Tuesday. I probably won't use eq (never have).

Sep 26, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #6,302 of 7,711
I have been lurking here following this thread for the last year. Received my NWZ-ZX1 via Sony Canada last Monday. It was pre-ordered the day pre-orders came live. I loaded it up with 70GB of assorted files ranging from 256  kpbs AAC to 2,8 Mhz DSD, did all the updates, and got off to a great start. Biggest bang for the buck of any portable I have owned over too many years to count. 

Sorry to read about your touch screen issues but it is fortunate Sony brought in enough to send you a replacement. Monday, after I received mine, they updated the status to backordered for several hours. Now they have stock again.

The player is outstanding with Sony MDR-1RNC headphones. Not up to expectation using  XBA-H3 IEMs but when paired with the PHA-2 it is superb. The first several days point to a battery life way below claims. Six hours with the PHA-2 in use..

Good luck with your replacement.

Battery life with the ZX-1 solo is very good (24 hours + w/Apple lossless). Using an external DAC like the PHA-2 seems to drain it much faster.

Sep 26, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #6,303 of 7,711
Help pls. My zx1 stop charging for good. I tried everything i know and this include trying different cable on the slot cleaning the port socket, resetting multiple times but with no success and sometimes a word will appear in the screen (safe mode) and then auto turn off the device due to lack of power or charge. I also emailed the price japan about the problem and im still waiting for reply... I cant think of any wrongdoing i made on this device to cause this trouble and if any of you have any idea on how to fix or advice pls. I would truly appreciate it.

Sep 26, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #6,304 of 7,711
Have you
Help pls. My zx1 stop charging for good. I tried everything i know and this include trying different cable on the slot cleaning the port socket, resetting multiple times but with no success and sometimes a word will appear in the screen (safe mode) and then auto turn off the device due to lack of power or charge. I also emailed the price japan about the problem and im still waiting for reply... I cant think of any wrongdoing i made on this device to cause this trouble and if any of you have any idea on how to fix or advice pls. I would truly appreciate it.

Have you tried a device reset? I'm not sure if this will wipe your songs/data.... But if you plug the device in and hold the reset button on the back... It might be worth a try.

Also, If it doesn't start charging right away... Make sure you leave it plugged in for an hour or so before giving up hope... If the battery is fully drained out can take a while to come back.

Sep 26, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #6,305 of 7,711
Have you

Have you tried a device reset? I'm not sure if this will wipe your songs/data.... But if you plug the device in and hold the reset button on the back... It might be worth a try.

Also, If it doesn't start charging right away... Make sure you leave it plugged in for an hour or so before giving up hope... If the battery is fully drained out can take a while to come back.

android "reset" doesn't remove the songs, only apps and account. you have to check an option before, don't remember the exact text, but something about usb storage, I only remember because it didn't make a lot of sense ^_^. so if you do that, then you really delete everything.

edit: the problem with battery is to know if it's the battery security itself, android manager(or whatever app used), or a physical problem with the plug.

Sep 26, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #6,306 of 7,711
Tnx guys but I've done everything all you said and its been almost a week i tried everything literally but i guess the battery is the problem here. My pc recognized the device its just its not charging. Is there anyone knows where to send this for fixing or am i entitled for warranty? I bought this at price japan this year. I dont know what to do anymore.

Sep 28, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #6,310 of 7,711
Actually i mean the sound differences. The language is not a concern anymore cause its using android.
Should be no sound difference. As for the language there were comments earlier in this thread or other reviews that mentioned some of the native (non-Android) apps on the Japanese model didn't follow the language selection of the OS to English.

Sep 29, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #6,311 of 7,711
I got my replacement unit today and so far it seems to be working great!  One question - this is my first ever Android device so this is a newbie question,  On my home screen, I have a row of five buttons at the top that turn things on or off.  Most are self explanatory - wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, and screen brightness.  There is one button that I'm not sure what it does.  It looks like a refresh or sync button - two arrows going around in a circle.  Any idea what this turns on and off? 

Sep 30, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #6,312 of 7,711
  I got my replacement unit today and so far it seems to be working great!  One question - this is my first ever Android device so this is a newbie question,  On my home screen, I have a row of five buttons at the top that turn things on or off.  Most are self explanatory - wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, and screen brightness.  There is one button that I'm not sure what it does.  It looks like a refresh or sync button - two arrows going around in a circle.  Any idea what this turns on and off? 

It's for turn on/off app data synchronization. If you use your ZX1 mainly for playing media, turning it off will improve the battery life.

Oct 1, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #6,313 of 7,711
  It's for turn on/off app data synchronization. If you use your ZX1 mainly for playing media, turning it off will improve the battery life.

Thanks.

So far, really enjoying this device.  I tend to listen at lower volumes, and this thing goes plenty loud for me.  I'm a little surprised about the complaints about the volume level - at 50% volume it's almost painfully loud for me, on either my M4U2s or XBA-H1s. 

Oct 1, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #6,314 of 7,711

Thanks.

So far, really enjoying this device.  I tend to listen at lower volumes, and this thing goes plenty loud for me.  I'm a little surprised about the complaints about the volume level - at 50% volume it's almost painfully loud for me, on either my M4U2s or XBA-H1s. 

I'm in the same boat as you with my current IEMs.  It seems the amp is a bit weak to drive larger, high impedance of the ear headphones to a sufficient level for some.  I'm looking to pick up a nice set of larger headphones in the near future, so I'm curious to see how it does with those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back