Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Apr 30, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #5,071 of 7,711
  I have been using this but after upgraded the root is gone.
But thanks! I see a new reply in this web page, saying that currently there is no root.

Thanks.

So at this time it isn't possible to obtain superuser access to remove those default google apps?
(Since this is a walkman not a smartphone i don't need it, i have my nexus 5 for that)

Apr 30, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #5,072 of 7,711
  So at this time it isn't possible to obtain superuser access to remove those default google apps?
(Since this is a walkman not a smartphone i don't need it, i have my nexus 5 for that)

No, the "weakness" is fixed after upgrade and it is impossible to root at this moment.
I want a simple OS as well. I don't want Google+, don't need Bluetooth and NFC...

Apr 30, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #5,073 of 7,711
Just received my zx1, very very very happy
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 30, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #5,074 of 7,711
No, the "weakness" is fixed after upgrade and it is impossible to root at this moment.
I want a simple OS as well. I don't want Google+, don't need Bluetooth and NFC...

Just disable them in app settings. Sure its not uninstalling. But at least it gets them out of your app list and stops them from sneakly working in the background .....

Apr 30, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #5,076 of 7,711
By the way, I've found a strange behavior since I bought ZX1 (OS v1.0).
When there is no music playing, and the screen is off, there is signal (noise) coming out on the 3.5mm jack periodically.
It seems there is something waking the machine periodically.
After upgrading to OS v1.1 this still exists.

Does anyone meet this as well?

Apr 30, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #5,079 of 7,711
Mine from Rakuten Global also arrived! It looks like this.

Found a video of it!

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #5,080 of 7,711
someone told me it wasn't possible to have the default player to go to the first song in the next folder when finished with the the actual folder. do you guys confirm it's not available? it was available on all my old sony daps (by picking "all" in the playback range option) so it would be disappointing.

Apr 30, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #5,081 of 7,711
I'm a bit embarrassed to ask this but how do I change the home screen or delete screens. When I long press on the home screen or any other screen the only option I get is to change the wallpaper. I've installed nova launcher and can do everything I need there, but I'd also like the option to customise the sony launcher.

Apr 30, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #5,084 of 7,711
Got mine yesterday.
1. Trow my music on it.
2. Plugged in my ie8
3. Selected my favorite song atm
4. Put the master volume a bit louder then used to.
5. At first Amazed by the clarity and Soundstage even with ie8
6. Still waiting on that bass drop.
7. Can't get that smile of my face! Quite logical when your in music heaven! This is AWESOME can't wait to get my hands on my Um Merlins :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back