Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Mar 10, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #7,563 of 7,711
sorry for repeating my question guys but i have to ask again :  if i updated the Fw , i have to do sense me channels analyzing again ?

I did all firmware updates, but I don't use sense me. I don't think you would have to analize again, but I cannot grant that.

Mar 10, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #7,564 of 7,711
I did all firmware updates, but I don't use sense me. I don't think you would have to analize again, but I cannot grant that.

thanks for the reply .. i updated it any way and luckily didn't analyze again ...and btw it sounds fantastic .. the latest fw offers noticeable sound improvement in addition to the changes of the stock player's appearance

Mar 10, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #7,565 of 7,711
How can i make sure that i am not having a volume limited version ? because i am listening with my shure at vol. 14-15 with the zx-1 ... is that normal ? asking because i had A10 before and was listening at vol. 12 of 30 and zx-1 supposed to have more power than A10 

Mar 11, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #7,566 of 7,711
It depends on where you live or where you bought it from. Mine is definitely the EU capped version. It has the CE mark on the label.

Mar 11, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #7,568 of 7,711
i bought it from Amazon USA .. it is japanese unite may be .. i am not sure and don't know how to know !

I see you don't have the CE mark, so it must be the uncapped version. USA and also Japan units are uncapped, don't worry.

Mar 12, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #7,572 of 7,711
when i disable the sound enhancements i can listen max to vol. 7 ... that filter or something applied by sony eats about the half of the player's power

They reduce the volume for the sound enhancement to avoid distortion once you use the eq. This is a quite normal practice. I had a software on my ipad that told me to do so, Sony does not ask they enforce this.

Mar 12, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #7,573 of 7,711
All Asian units, American, Mexico units are uncapped my 1A is from Hong Kong and does not have the ce mark

Only European and Korean versions are capped

Mar 12, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #7,575 of 7,711
They reduce the volume for the sound enhancement to avoid distortion once you use the eq. This is a quite normal practice. I had a software on my ipad that told me to do so, Sony does not ask they enforce this.

weird .. as i had walkmans before .. even the F806 walkman had a louder volume ( but in a worst way )
any way .. despite that notice .. i like it a lot specially after the latest update ... and it is a wow wow wow with etymotic hf-5 .. i think it is a matter of synergy between it and my SE535 .. they are good but not like the etymotic hf-5 matching .. it is far better .. i have to do further listening and some filters & sleeves​swapping to find if there is something would benefit the shure better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back