SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Jan 30, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #2,453 of 7,541
How did you do this mod? 

1. Take a knife, and add pressure to the seams on either side of the walkmamport connector and wiggle a bit, should crack open
2. Cut off the current cable
3. solder of whats left of the wire
4. solder in your own wires, it says R , and L on the board, ground is the middle.
5. cut of the parts of the board that had the L and R markings on it to make it even shorter
6. added rubber O rings on both ends of my cable to help keep the wire together nicely
7. covered em up with sugru http://sugru.com/  molded to shape with fingers, waited a bit(10-20mins) smoothed up with a wet finger

Quote:
 Does this mean no one sells an angled wmport connector?

Haven't found any myself.

Jan 30, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #2,456 of 7,541
@spatzi
 how much did you get of battery life using the Line-out with your Topping amplifier?

Don't know yet. I'm about six hours in. If I get to 15 hours before the first bar drops then I know it's about the same. You would assume that the battery would last longer because the a 17 is no longer supplying any power when the topping is used via wm port.

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #2,457 of 7,541
How long-lasting is the L5 LOD i am worried and want to order a 2nd One
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #2,458 of 7,541
James Fiio is a smart man, to discontinue the product. Don't see the point of this cable with the newer walkman. Maybe he should be appointed to work for Sony or a collaborative partnership, just like Aiwa.
Anyways, my A17 has arrived. Got the black one. Not a fan of silver as most of my audio equipment is black. Right out of the box, it looks and feels like a toy.

Jan 31, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #2,459 of 7,541
James Fiio is a smart man, to discontinue the product. Don't see the point of this cable with the newer walkman.

how? what if your walkman let's say can't drive a good set of cans properly, you must use an amp, and most BUTNOT ALL amps today have analogue IN (more and more common that an amp gets DIGI IN too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back