SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Jan 31, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #2,477 of 7,541
  how? what if your walkman let's say can't drive a good set of cans properly, you must use an amp, and most BUTNOT ALL amps today have analogue IN (more and more common that an amp gets DIGI IN too)

What do you mean by 'good set of cans'? There are many good sets of cans that Sony walkman can drive.

For me there is a simple analogy. If the headphone costs 'MUCH' more than the player, chances are, it will not drive it properly without an amp. Sony players sound so good with their own iems/headphones, it just makes me think I wasted money on other brands of headphones/iems that require amp.

Jan 31, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #2,478 of 7,541
So I am very interested in what you think of the balance now, let us know when you've had some time to check it out!

The improved slightly had to EQ them but this time filters off they sound sooo much better EQ'ed

0.4Khz -1
1 and 2.6 Khz +1
6.3 and 16 Khz 0

Jan 31, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #2,481 of 7,541
Try listening with no enhancements or EQ for a week, see what you think?

will try let's see but first let me finish listening with my 1R's the ABQ cycle of beethoven's quartets and  HV Karajan conducting beethoven's 9th symphony (1R'S have been the best set of Cans i have ever heard soooo neutral, life-like sound)

Jan 31, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #2,482 of 7,541
@jmsaxon69 you have the MDR-Z7 and it's supposed to be close to neutral (but really dunno with those new aluminum coated LCP drivers), I consider my MDR-1R to be my Reference Point as i heard the sound from my walkman No AMping to be what i have experienced on a real-life classical music concert, 3D soundstage so enveloping, no frequency gets boosted, bass has it's oomph but is very well executed, has rumble yes but only when the piece has it (is not basshead bass levels),

maybe slight bump on the mid/trebble but i still like how they sound, at first yes they sounded harshm horrible, weak bass but after a month of use they sound so great, so reference-level at least for me..

Will try the H3's with no enhancemest and judge them (they are already burned in well form more than 6 months, got them in Hamburg Germany in august 14, 2014 after my XBA-1 finally died on a trip to Lubeck)

Jan 31, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #2,483 of 7,541
Just got the MDR-Z7 today! I was so impressed by the MDR-1A I returned them and picked up the Z7! Burning them in with a system burn in track from an XLO test disc and listening a little bit here and there today. Mostly listened to the XBA-H3 today.

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #2,484 of 7,541
Huh? They sound pretty fantastic with no amp or EQ. I'm not sure what people are talking about with these H3 having too much bass? They sound pretty good to me. So if any IEM has actual bass it's considered too bassy?

When i first plugged in my Shure se535 for a test, the bass increase was pretty clear compared to arrow 4G, with bass boost on 1, with ipod classic or clip+
It's definately a bassy player to me, but in a good way. still need to figure out if i will end up using A15 alone (with ~33Ohm or so on cable to cut out hiss on se535). Or with arrow 4G, propably going to stay with the amp.

Feb 1, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #2,485 of 7,541
Hi all, Has anyone of you here tried this head phone?

http://www.sony.com.ph/product/xba-c10ip

I am planning to buy nwz A15 (since it is the only model available in the Philippines and silver only).  I want to ask if these set of head phones are okay with nwz A15. Thanks.

Feb 1, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #2,486 of 7,541

Huh? They sound pretty fantastic with no amp or EQ. I'm not sure what people are talking about with these H3 having too much bass? They sound pretty good to me. So if any IEM has actual bass it's considered too bassy?

When i first plugged in my Shure se535 for a test, the bass increase was pretty clear compared to arrow 4G, with bass boost on 1, with ipod classic or clip+
It's definately a bassy player to me, but in a good way. still need to figure out if i will end up using A15 alone (with ~33Ohm or so on cable to cut out hiss on se535). Or with arrow 4G, propably going to stay with the amp.

the sony is pretty much just as flat as an ipod or a clip+. and measured so.
you tried all the DAPs through the arrow? it's pretty much mission impossible to match the loudness and judge anything with the LO. I know I tried with my amp and it was a tremendous fail
frown.gif
. instead I went to AB them from the HO into some flat impedance IEM(clearly not a 535). and then they all sounded much alike.

if you add 33ohm to the sony you will end up with up to a 7db drop at 7khz compared to using a clip+ (because of the 535). you might like it, I can't decide that for you. but it's a big change in signature.

Hi all, Has anyone of you here tried this head phone?

http://www.sony.com.ph/product/xba-c10ip

I am planning to buy nwz A15 (since it is the only model available in the Philippines and silver only).  I want to ask if these set of head phones are okay with nwz A15. Thanks.

I have the XBA-C10, I don't know if the difference is only the remote? I'm very fond of the sound/size/sensitivity(for the price), it's very slightly warm and sounds kind of smooth for a single BA driver(which is a good thing in my book). but the cable is utter crap. maybe this one has a better cable thanks to the remote or being another generation?
edit: I'm not sure at all that the remote will work on the A10.

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #2,487 of 7,541
Really lament the death of my XBA-1's they were as neutral as the MDR-1R now burned for two months

Feb 1, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #2,488 of 7,541
Found an app that boosts the volume on my Z3 Compact.  Automatically kicks in when you plug in headphones, and turns off when you disconnect.  Doesn't seem to affect clarity at all, the sound I get from the Walkman app is pretty much the same, but it's hard to judge, as it is louder, by about 10-15db.  I love the new sound, now I'm off to find a clear winner in the IEM dept.  Want to find something that is complimentary to the phone, and has some bass to it.

Feb 1, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #2,489 of 7,541
  Found an app that boosts the volume on my Z3 Compact.  Automatically kicks in when you plug in headphones, and turns off when you disconnect.  Doesn't seem to affect clarity at all, the sound I get from the Walkman app is pretty much the same, but it's hard to judge, as it is louder, by about 10-15db.  I love the new sound, now I'm off to find a clear winner in the IEM dept.  Want to find something that is complimentary to the phone, and has some bass to it.

I bought the walkman because the Z3 is expensive here in mexico, like 15,000... vs 5499 pesos of the walkman, but glad to hear they share similar signatures from what you wrote in the fiio x3 forum

Feb 1, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #2,490 of 7,541
  I bought the walkman because the Z3 is expensive here in mexico, like 15,000... vs 5499 pesos of the walkman, but glad to hear they share similar signatures from what you wrote in the fiio x3 forum

WOW!  That is expensive.  I paid nowhere near that much.  Wonder why it's so expensive down in Mexico?

Does anyone have any recommendations of IEM's that match well with the Walkman app, not necessarily the Z3, but just in general what works well with everyone's walkman?  Are Sony IEM's the main go to, I'm a bit of a basshead, so something with a little extra bass is preferred.  Right now I'm using MEElectric M-Duo's, and they sound good, but there's always better, right?  That's what I've learned in my few years on this site.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back