SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Jan 31, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #2,461 of 7,541
@spatzi
 how is the sound of the topping? i am waiting pfff to March release of the OPPO Ha-2 amplifier

I love it. Noticed a big difference in bass extension right away, even running my koss ksc 35's, which are not very demanding. Now I am using my beyer t 90's with the A17. The only problem is the nice black rubber bands they supplied with the topping are too large for the Sony a17 so I had to use regular ones.

Jan 31, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #2,462 of 7,541
@spatzi I saw they sell it on amazon US for 80 USD nice price, don't know what model do you have i assume NX1 which is the portable amp (no DAC part), but the price is good (for the presumed price of the HA-2 of estimated $299 to 399 USD)

Unlike the topping, the Oppo HA-2 has a leather case so i can put my sony on top of it and not worry about scratching it

Jan 31, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #2,464 of 7,541

me, not recommended withouth EQ or withouth an amp

Huh? They sound pretty fantastic with no amp or EQ. I'm not sure what people are talking about with these H3 having too much bass? They sound pretty good to me. So if any IEM has actual bass it's considered too bassy?

don't know but mine have this mid-bass bumped sound, i will try later adjusting EQ, but i can tell you Harpsichord music (esp. when using a French taskin harpsichord) the music gets ruined with the XBA-H3. I don't deny they sound phantastic with Organ music and with masses or motets. i
will switch right now to them to test ABQ rendition of Beethoven's quartets

MDR-1R have bass but a bass i call Natural Bass, the kind you hear when you attend to the real thing in person live (a classical music concert/recital)

I am not the ONLY ONE who says the H3  mid-bass sucks, those who have bought the XBA-Z5/XBA-A3 agree these new sets are the refined version of H3

Jan 31, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #2,465 of 7,541
@spatzi
 I saw they sell it on amazon US for 80 USD nice price, don't know what model do you have i assume NX1 which is the portable amp (no DAC part), but the price is good (for the presumed price of the HA-2 of estimated $299 to 399 USD)

Unlike the topping, the Oppo HA-2 has a leather case so i can put my sony on top of it and not worry about scratching it

Nx1. But I paid $32 including shipping from ebay seller out of Hong Kong.

Jan 31, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #2,466 of 7,541
Confirmed XBA-H3 bump the bass to "megabass levels" the MDR-1R have pretty Natural bass, again XBA-H3 are not as natural as the 1R, i cannot judge the Z5 or A3 as i don't own those

they are not too awful sounding (H3) now that i have burned my A17 for more than 100h, they seem to sound better than before but they still need a NEGATIVE CLEAR BASS Values
biggrin.gif
, to decrease that bump a bit

Certainly H3 are fun to listen to, they have this bass rumble perfect for organ music, but not so for harpsichord or quartets, soundstage is slightly smaller than the 1R, but still good at high/mid detail retrieval

H3 is more for f.e on the job listening and let's say 1R for home relax use, classical music is not meant to be emphazied in any freq. , i don't say i hate bass, i have had **** headphones that lacked bass (destroyed them, anyways they were $100 MXN)

XBA-H3 SHINE WITH
Sony VAIO FLIP 14
Fiio X3

Jan 31, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #2,467 of 7,541

me, not recommended withouth EQ or withouth an amp

Huh? They sound pretty fantastic with no amp or EQ. I'm not sure what people are talking about with these H3 having too much bass? They sound pretty good to me. So if any IEM has actual bass it's considered too bassy?

don't know but mine have this mid-bass bumped sound, i will try later adjusting EQ, but i can tell you Harpsichord music (esp. when using a French taskin harpsichord) the music gets ruined with the XBA-H3. I don't deny they sound phantastic with Organ music and with masses or motets. i
will switch right now to them to test ABQ rendition of Beethoven's quartets

MDR-1R have bass but a bass i call Natural Bass, the kind you hear when you attend to the real thing in person live (a classical music concert/recital)

I am not the ONLY ONE who says the H3  mid-bass sucks, those who have bought the XBA-Z5/XBA-A3 agree these new sets are the refined version of H3

http://en.goldenears.net/26285  not hard to see how the bass could be too much for some ^_^. I personally don't like it when the 100-150hz are dominant. I do like my bass and sub, but I guess I'm more of a 50-80hz kind of basshead. so I would definitely want to EQ those IEMs(I would also probably try to take out a bit of the 10khz zone).

Jan 31, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #2,468 of 7,541
I listen to primarilly rock and jazz, almost no classical at all. So maybe also coming off of B&W C5 II the H3 seem pretty tame in the bass for me? I had to unload the C5 because of the major bass, you should listen to that one and let me know what you think as far as massive bass goes! Haha!

Jan 31, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #2,469 of 7,541
ABQ is Alban Berg Quartett one of the finest i've heard on my life, then next is the Amadeus Quartett and 3rd place  i think is a tie between St. Martin in the fields chamber ensemble and Kodaly quartet

Jan 31, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #2,470 of 7,541
So, can I be part of the group? I've got an Xperia Z3 Compact, but the Walkman app is the same as the A10. I love the sound, so clear and effortless through my MEElectric M-Duo IEM's. All I have on is a little Clear Bass+, maybe 2 notches, and it's great. My X3 seems so congested in comparison.

Jan 31, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #2,471 of 7,541
So, can I be part of the group? I've got an Xperia Z3 Compact, but the Walkman app is the same as the A10. I love the sound, so clear and effortless through my MEElectric M-Duo IEM's. All I have on is a little Clear Bass+, maybe 2 notches, and it's great. My X3 seems so congested in comparison.

Yes why not? welcome aboard
biggrin.gif
, perhaps the sound of Z3 is the same, but not the app, one is android developed and the sony A10 is a mystery what programming language they used as those are non-android walkmans (the A10)

agree with you about the sound of X3 vs the walkman, is efortless and natural life-like when you pair with the right headphones

Jan 31, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #2,473 of 7,541
  Just found out that I am listening to the XBA-H3 without the filters in them also, so that may account for my more pleasing tonal balance....

yep i am finally thinking of doing this as i can't tame the sound with the EQ of the A17, how did you removed the filters?

Jan 31, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #2,475 of 7,541

yep i am finally thinking of doing this as i can't tame the sound with the EQ of the A17, how did you removed the filters?

I bought them used and they came that way, so not sure how to remove them...

no problem buddy, already did it with the iPhone SIM-Card tray removal tool, which has a thin needle like part
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back