SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Oct 30, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #811 of 7,541

about the podcasts, you don't need anything, only do not put the file alone in the podcast folder. always make a folder inside it and then put the file inside that new folder. (too many subfolders will also get you an error). or am I missunderstanding what you guys are talking about and you try to put a RSS link inside the walkman or something?

The online guide explains it here: http://helpguide.sony.net/dmp/nwza10/v1/en/contents/TP0000427057.html

thanks,
 I didn't look at that section of the guide, I though transferring content was about learning how not to kill yourself with media go
biggrin.gif

but yes that's what I was pitifully trying to explain. now I know 8 subdirectories is the limit at least.

Oct 30, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #812 of 7,541
I just bought the sony walkman and not impressed with the sound quality. Its slightly better than my iPhone 5S. But the hugo dac is on a completely different level than the sony walkman. I am returning it and will be using my hugo and iPhone. Chord is coming out with a carrying case to make it easier to carry.

Oct 30, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #813 of 7,541
  thanks,
 I didn't look at that section of the guide, I though transferring content was about learning how not to kill yourself with media go
biggrin.gif

I'd like to stay away as far as I can from any 'helpful' front-end apps. Haven't found out how to manually craft playlists that will work on the player though... Does anybody here have a working playlist file on their A10? I'd like to see what the layout looks like.

Cheers

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #815 of 7,541
Can someone please compare the Fiio X1 and A15 for sq? I'm sure that the battery life and ui of sony would be far better than X1 but i'm more concerned about the sound quality. If it is almost similar, then I'll go for the a15 due to its portability, better ui and battery life. 
redface.gif

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #816 of 7,541
Quote:

thanks,
biggrin.gif

I'd like to stay away as far as I can from any 'helpful' front-end apps. Haven't found out how to manually craft playlists that will work on the player though... Does anybody here have a working playlist file on their A10? I'd like to see what the layout looks like.

Cheers

ok last one I did, I plugged the DAP into the computer, opened foobar, browsed the musics directly inside the sony, to find whatever I wished to add to a playlist, and just dragged it into foobar. when I had enough, I just selected all the files in foobar, right clic-> utilities->save as playlist. and I saved as a .m3u inside the DAP. for that I made a "playlist" folder inside the music folder, but I don't know if it needs to be there(edit, you don't even have to make a folder at all, I did to stay organized). and I save my "megatchipmunktrance.m3u" in it.
now unplug and go inside playlist(front page icon or menu) VOILA!!! it's here it works.
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 30, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #817 of 7,541
  Quote:

ok last one I did, I plugged the DAP into the computer, opened foobar, browsed the musics directly inside the sony, to find whatever I wished to add to a playlist, and just dragged it into foobar. when I had enough, I just selected all the files in foobar, right clic-> utilities->save as playlist. and I saved as a .m3u inside the DAP. for that I made a "playlist" folder inside the music folder, but I don't know if it needs to be there(edit, you don't even have to make a folder at all, I did to stay organized). and I save my "megatchipmunktrance.m3u" in it.
now unplug and go inside playlist(front page icon or menu) VOILA!!! it's here it works.
tongue_smile.gif

Works like a charm! Thanks!  Apparently, the path to the tracks in the playlist needs to start at the subfolder under MUSIC;
e.g. "\MUSIC\Beatles\Magical Mystery Tour\I am the Walrus.flac". I must've messed that up previously. So much for hand crafting it...

Thanks again.

Oct 30, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #818 of 7,541
  Works like a charm! Thanks!  Apparently, the path to the tracks in the playlist needs to start at the subfolder under MUSIC;
e.g. "\MUSIC\Beatles\Magical Mystery Tour\I am the Walrus.flac". I must've messed that up previously. So much for hand crafting it...

Thanks again.

Sorry, SCRAP that! The path simply needs to be either relative to where the playlist is located, or start at "\MUSIC\".

Apologies for the confusion; time to go to bed!

Oct 30, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #823 of 7,541
Well, mine broke :'(

Dropped my Amp + A15 and it was on carpet too. Now it won't line out any more.

Edit: My secondary Fiio Walkman Line Out works, but the sony brand one that came with my PHA-1 that dropped does not.

Looks like it was only the cable, and not the WM port *Phew* 
But now I have to use a piece of Fiio on my set up, lol.

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #824 of 7,541
  Quote:

tongue_smile.gif

Super Cool! Thank You for sharing that info!
the Foobar method works like a charm on my F807 with the only difference being that i have to save the playlists as m3u8. as opposed to  m3u.

on my older E345 Walkman i can create and save playlists using Windows Media Player  but that doesn't seem to work on the F800 series at least not without using Media Go which I am dead set against,so again,cheers for sharing that knowledge!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back