SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Oct 29, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #796 of 7,541
  What is it? :D

nwz-a15 +a2=nwz-a17

This is making a lot of mathematical sense to me
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 29, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #797 of 7,541
Oct 29, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #798 of 7,541
Anyone out there with an A series Walkman who's also heard or owns a Z Walkman, say for example Z1050?

I want to know how this little guy fairs and if something like a Z1050 would still remain superior in sound (only)

my friend made a comment on this , and the answer is a somewhat yes he had the Z1070 , he liked it better than the A 17 in terms of sound. He did say the A17 sounds cleaner but also more sterile at the same time

Oct 29, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #799 of 7,541
my friend made a comment on this , and the answer is a somewhat yes he had the Z1070 , he liked it better than the A 17 in terms of sound. He did say the A17 sounds cleaner but also more sterile at the same time

I hate sony for not releasing this in india,,i would have at least gone to sony store to check it out....................death to their marketing team
mad.gif

Also only xba a1 is releasing here..............no a2,a3,xba-100
frown.gif

Oct 29, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #800 of 7,541
It's interesting to notice that the Japanese version has a slightly different menu layout:

http://www.sony.jp/walkman/products/NW-A10_series/

Also, as far as I can see, sony.jp is the only site offering cases (as per November 8):

http://www.sony.jp/walkman/products/CKM-NWA10/ 
http://www.sony.jp/walkman/products/CKS-NWA10/
http://www.sony.jp/walkman/products/CKH-NWA10/

Oct 29, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #801 of 7,541
  It's interesting to notice that the Japanese version has a slightly different menu layout:

http://www.sony.jp/walkman/products/NW-A10_series/

Also, as far as I can see, sony.jp is the only site offering cases (as per November 8):

http://www.sony.jp/walkman/products/CKM-NWA10/ 
http://www.sony.jp/walkman/products/CKS-NWA10/
http://www.sony.jp/walkman/products/CKH-NWA10/

well at least it clears things up about noise canceling ^_^. they do have it on the jp version.

Oct 29, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #802 of 7,541

I hate sony for not releasing this in india,,i would have at least gone to sony store to check it out....................death to their marketing team
mad.gif

Also only xba a1 is releasing here..............no a2,a3,xba-100
frown.gif

It is just because you would not like it anyways. Sardar, let's face it, they are afraid of you........
ph34r.gif

Oct 29, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #803 of 7,541
what is "podcast" function for? i know what podcast is, but how does it work on A10? i tried to copy mp3 in folder podcast and player didnt recognize it. if its in manual, then excuese my laziness

Oct 29, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #804 of 7,541

well at least it clears things up about noise canceling ^_^. they do have it on the jp version.

Would love to have the noise canceling (NC) on my north american as well.  I'm waiting for the A17 to be available on B&H photo so I can save on tax.

Oct 29, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #805 of 7,541

Thanks for the info.

Oct 29, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #806 of 7,541
  what is "podcast" function for? i know what podcast is, but how does it work on A10? i tried to copy mp3 in folder podcast and player didnt recognize it. if its in manual, then excuese my laziness

anything in podcast is supposed to be dudes talking about something. so it will not be listed with album/artists, as you wouldn't like shuffling and getting quantum physics debate just after your favorite track of "ace of base". ^_^
so what's in podcast stays in podcast and is accessible that way only. the purpose is that anything you start listening to in podcast will resume where you stopped last time you played it. so you can start listening to quantum physics, get bored, start harry potter read by stephen fry \o/. listen to 2chapters, stop, and go play back some music(that can also resume to the last track you were listening to). and whenever you go back to quantum physics or harry potter, you'll have a list of what's new and what isn't, you play the last one that isn't tagged as "new" and it will resume where you last stopped perfectly.
it's a very very nice feature for people into audiobooks and podcasts. but I suggest that if some people use it, they merge each book into one or 2 chapters only on the computer before uploading the books into the walkman. because the player will not go from one track to another on it's own. and having to switch manually to go to next chapter can get boring when the chapters are short or when like me you play them in X2.5 speed ^_^.

that works on other walkman models too.

Oct 29, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #807 of 7,541
Those Japanese accessories are impressive.
Looks like we have:

WM port speaker
WM port to Micro USB for smart phone charging? 
WM port to Analogue 3.5mm jack with 2 line levels.
WM port with Micro USB slot in to work as an adaptor.
WM port with female USB to use in a dac.
WM port Microphone. (Not supported on A15)

I'd love to know what that remote does, says something about recording? Hmm.

Oct 29, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #808 of 7,541
Looks like we have:

WM port speaker

Sony in Japan makes a very big deal of the walkman being able to do things on the walkman itself, or on a bookshelf system, without having to go through a PC. Says the middle-age crowd are supposedly very PC-averse. Personally I wouldn't know cause my mom is 60+ and works file explorer just fine...it's not in our blood to "not get" PCs. But that's just us.

So the cable you see with a 3.5mm jack and a switch, that is a line-in cable for recording into the walkman, another Japan-only feature. IIRC it records in ATRAC3plus, then you'd transfer the file back into the PC library using SonicStage/X-App. The cable's been out since 2006 or so when the WM-Port was first introduced. I know, I bought 2 in 2007. The remote is probably for editing ID3 tags without having to use a PC. The only seriously head-fi-y thing of note in there is the USB adaptor that funnels digital output to presumably a home source that's not the PHA series.

It will only recognize if you load the podcasts via a Sony software (mediago I guess, and there may be another one intended for IC Recorders that'd also work). Drag & dropped files will not be recognized. I just put my podcasts in the music section now because I hated those software...and because I edit the podcasts extensively anyway. I cut out the audible ads, put background music on them, then chop them into small chunks for easy access.

Oct 29, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #809 of 7,541

Looks like we have:

WM port speaker

Sony in Japan makes a very big deal of the walkman being able to do things on the walkman itself, or on a bookshelf system, without having to go through a PC. Says the middle-age crowd are supposedly very PC-averse. Personally I wouldn't know cause my mom is 60+ and works file explorer just fine...it's not in our blood to "not get" PCs. But that's just us.

So the cable you see with a 3.5mm jack and a switch, that is a line-in cable for recording into the walkman, another Japan-only feature. IIRC it records in ATRAC3plus, then you'd transfer the file back into the PC library using SonicStage/X-App. The cable's been out since 2006 or so when the WM-Port was first introduced. I know, I bought 2 in 2007. The remote is probably for editing ID3 tags without having to use a PC. The only seriously head-fi-y thing of note in there is the USB adaptor that funnels digital output to presumably a home source that's not the PHA series.

It will only recognize if you load the podcasts via a Sony software (mediago I guess, and there may be another one intended for IC Recorders that'd also work). Drag & dropped files will not be recognized. I just put my podcasts in the music section now because I hated those software...and because I edit the podcasts extensively anyway. I cut out the audible ads, put background music on them, then chop them into small chunks for easy access.

I have the furious fat fabulous fantastic nw-010 cable. they made the most extravagant stuff that nobody even knew was working on their DAPs. if that one does digital out with most DACs, we'll have to discover it ourselves. sony marketing > *

about the podcasts, you don't need anything, only do not put the file alone in the podcast folder. always make a folder inside it and then put the file inside that new folder. (too many subfolders will also get you an error). or am I missunderstanding what you guys are talking about and you try to put a RSS link inside the walkman or something?

Oct 29, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #810 of 7,541

about the podcasts, you don't need anything, only do not put the file alone in the podcast folder. always make a folder inside it and then put the file inside that new folder. (too many subfolders will also get you an error). or am I missunderstanding what you guys are talking about and you try to put a RSS link inside the walkman or something?

The online guide explains it here: http://helpguide.sony.net/dmp/nwza10/v1/en/contents/TP0000427057.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back