SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Dec 4, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #7,306 of 7,541
  try to convert them to another format ... lets see if this can help ....

Ok I just did that. Converted to both WAV and mp3 but still same problem. Then i realised something weird. For some reason, Even though i deleted the FLAC files and replaced them with mp3, it shows the files being played as FLAC (meaning for some reason the files are still there after I delete them). I tried an sd card reformat on the player and somehow my songs are all still there. Has my card started to malfunction or something?

Dec 4, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #7,307 of 7,541
Hmm ok i guess i have confirmed that my card has reached its limit. Used windows cmd diskpart to confirm that it was not in "read-only" mode but still could not write or delete any files (the card has been hard locked). I ordered a new one so all's good. 

Dec 4, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #7,308 of 7,541
  Hmm ok i guess i have confirmed that my card has reached its limit. Used windows cmd diskpart to confirm that it was not in "read-only" mode but still could not write or delete any files (the card has been hard locked). I ordered a new one so all's good. 

hope things get better for you soon 

Dec 5, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #7,309 of 7,541
Hmm, I've discovered a peculiar problem recently. I bought a new digital album from 7digital (flac) and while all the files play without a hitch on my PC, only half the files show up within the player itself with the last song added having a glitch and terminates halfway through playback. I've tried numerous times to re-add the files using copy-paste to the sd card but every time the library rebuilds the files just disappear from the folder. What could be the problem?
could be multi-channel flac

Dec 12, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #7,312 of 7,541
Despite 2 updates now to the A series DAP's the A17 is still holding its own.  Thanks to an in warranty replacement unit for a warn down battery  on my original I should be good for a couple more years.  The A20 series was a pointless update as I had no need for the Sony only Noise Canceling feature or the slightly better equalizer (don't use).

I was intrigued by the new A30 series but apparently the sound hasn't changed much and I am not a fan of touchscreens which is reported to be kind of laggy.  The improvements to the design might make it worthwhile at some point once my A17 gets warn out.  But at this point I can't see spending another $400+ for a DAP which does not offer much improvement in sound quality and has shorter battery life.  Not to mention no AptX bluetooth support.

I might consider the next Fiio X3 provided Fiio can avoid the bugs and issues plaguing the X1-II.  I really would like a DAP with a proper LO configuration which the A17 does not really offer but I am happy with it otherwise.

Dec 12, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #7,313 of 7,541
  Despite 2 updates now to the A series DAP's the A17 is still holding its own.  Thanks to an in warranty replacement unit for a warn down battery  on my original I should be good for a couple more years.  The A20 series was a pointless update as I had no need for the Sony only Noise Canceling feature or the slightly better equalizer (don't use).

I was intrigued by the new A30 series but apparently the sound hasn't changed much and I am not a fan of touchscreens which is reported to be kind of laggy.  The improvements to the design might make it worthwhile at some point once my A17 gets warn out.  But at this point I can't see spending another $400+ for a DAP which does not offer much improvement in sound quality and has shorter battery life.  Not to mention no AptX bluetooth support.

I might consider the next Fiio X3 provided Fiio can avoid the bugs and issues plaguing the X1-II.  I really would like a DAP with a proper LO configuration which the A17 does not really offer but I am happy with it otherwise.

Just waiting for it to drop down to £100 or under.  Then I might bite.

Dec 12, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #7,314 of 7,541
Just waiting for it to drop down to £100 or under.  Then I might bite.

If you are referring to A15. I'm afraid you missed out. They were £96.99 on the 'Black Friday' deals. Sorry

Dec 12, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #7,315 of 7,541
If you are referring to A15. I'm afraid you missed out. They were £96.99 on the 'Black Friday' deals. Sorry

Not that bothered.  I was at work at the time and have limited time on the net due to break restrictions.  The sony deal was on when I wasn't as it were.  Such is life.

Dec 12, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #7,316 of 7,541
Dec 12, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #7,317 of 7,541
I always have mixed feelings with the A10. I can't possibly tell people that it's a great DAP, it has less functionalities and customization option than a cheap android phone. the objective sound fidelity is nothing special compared to several other DAPs(my fiio X1 is better and more versatile in practice when it comes to pure objective estimates), the BT range is shiiit. and yet it's still the device I use the most even after all this time(the way it deals with podcasts being half of the reason). it's one of those moments when you know you don't have the best stuff, but it's the one just for you. it's rather small, not asking to be fed by you every 6 hours, real buttons to play with,(analogy with the GF coming up, no no no, stahpppp don't think that it's the same!!! staaaaaaAAAAhhhppp!).
in a word, I love it because I don't have to think about it too much. ^_^
I'm very glad I bought one. if I didn't I would still use one of the older A or E series that are very fine for the same usage IMO. they're not so different, just a few little things that make the A10 friendlier to me.

Dec 13, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #7,318 of 7,541
A little compensation if you missed that deal. 2 gigabites of heaven. Got one for old times sake. An (unfortunately lower capacity) as new example of one of the very best 'MP3 Players' 
Its utterly superb in look, feel and sound. Quality not quantity.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272402806425?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

at £25 you'd be a bit daft not to.

Damn, sorry they've all gone now :disappointed_relieved:
Was going to buy another as me father has taken a fancy to it as an early Xmas box. Lucky old devil.

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #7,319 of 7,541
yesterday i had doubts about the sound quality of my walkman ... last week i had no time to listen to music or use it .. then spoke to myself that i got a new mobilephone .. why not using it as a music player too as previous comment here mentioned that modern mobilephones has better sound quality that would be very nice for me ,one slim device in my pockt do it all ... so i loaded my new Galaxy A5 2016 with my favorit tracks ( mainly i listen to metal ).. using neutron player .. hooked my trusty shure .. then ..... What ! i couldn't pass one minute from each of my favorite songs .. there is an obvious drop in clarity and separation ... the sound is soo crouded ,harsh and annoying..
took my walkman again and tried the same track ..YES that's it .. i am not imagining ,this is real . . it sounds a lot nicer and better than my mobile phone which is newer than my walkman by 2 years ... i am not an objective guy but i know the good and bad sound when i hear them ..this walkman as a package of : price,form factor,battery life , sound quality .. is a bargin.
and As another fact : no android equalizer can simulate its clear bass .. i tried so many times but nothing can give me the same sound effect ...

it is not perfect though .. for people that hiss bother them( fortunately not me ) yes it hisses .. and i noticed its hiss this time more than any previous listening session still better than previous walkmans...
it requires an easy to drive iem or a sensetive portable headphone to work well .
that was my nearest experience with walkman A and just wanted to share with you guys .. have a good day :blush:

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #7,320 of 7,541
Hmm maybe that's Samsung for you:joy:

I still maintain that my Z3 Compact is very close to the A15 in terms of sound with a lot of the same enhancements

The Walkman however is more satisfying to use and it's nice to just focus purely in the music.

Despite the much derided Eu limit I find the A15 is actually a little more powerful than the Xperia. Volume is not really an issue at all to me

No doubt whatsoever that the Walkman will still be working long after the 'smart phone' is consigned to the scrap heap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back