SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Oct 28, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #692 of 7,541
What really? I did not see it, and I don't think it is listed in the specs either.

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #694 of 7,541
you need this cable
http://www.rakuten.com/prod/fiio-l5-line-out-dock-cable-for-sony-walkman/268363883.html?listingId=348677409&sclid=pla_google_BUYDIG&adid=29963&gclid=CjwKEAjw2reiBRCaobK3udOj-Q4SJACXWyYmEb6ylYgKOH-teUJingWw2cnL-PjhyzaMsTf1bml6WBoCehrw_wcB

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #695 of 7,541
Just ordered a A15 a few days ago from local Sony. With any luck, I should see it within 2 weeks.

Oct 28, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #698 of 7,541
  so is the SQ any good?

I just want a comparison with x1,,,it must atleast be better than that to be even considered seriously
cool.gif

Iwill buy it even if it on par with x1 in sq even though i would pay double for 16 gb variant.Just for that ui and eq
L3000.gif

Oct 28, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #699 of 7,541
So glad you did! Will be eager to hear your impressions :)

Does anyone know how many ohms Sony has this recommended for? I haven't seen it in the specs...

I hope they learned their lessons well after releasing xba-1,2,3 rated at 8-16 ohms with majority of their own players failing to drive them,,,lol

epic fail it was
tongue.gif

Oct 28, 2014 at 5:52 AM Post #701 of 7,541
Yes, i know that there is a lineout via the WM port, but my cable hasn't arrived yet. And with 600Ohm cans you need all the juice you can get 
L3000.gif
I use a Corda2Move, which is absolutely noisefree. http://www.head-fi.org/products/meier-audio-corda-2move

I have 3 weeks left, so is will try it again with the lineout cable, but in my opinion it doesn't matter if i amp the signal or not. The player will always crackle above Volume 26.

Oct 28, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #702 of 7,541
  Yes, i know that there is a lineout via the WM port, but my cable hasn't arrived yet. And with 600Ohm cans you need all the juice you can get 
L3000.gif
I use a Corda2Move, which is absolutely noisefree. http://www.head-fi.org/products/meier-audio-corda-2move

I have 3 weeks left, so is will try it again with the lineout cable, but in my opinion it doesn't matter if i amp the signal or not. The player will always crackle above Volume 26.

Anyone with big high impedance cans should not get this thing in first place
biggrin.gif

Oct 28, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #703 of 7,541
With the line out, you don't control the volume, the amp does.

Proper line level is very low in volume coming direct from the dac.

Amplifying that low volume shouldn't cause any crackles, but your gear seems pretty special, so a dedicated amp could fix it.

Oct 28, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #704 of 7,541
I would love some figures for the cut off point for Clear Bass + and how many DB we are bumping.

My initial feelings are 0 - 100hz, it feels very sub-bass centric.

It's giving Pendulum a good kick in the bum for my V6's while keeping it cold and bright.

What I'm listening too is blowing my mind.

Someone else who uses the Sony V6s, good man. Cant wait to pair them.

For IEM I'm only going to use Etymotic ER4-TPs, still waiting for my player to be delivered in the UK

On my Sony NWZ A-847 Clear Bass was a godsend, added all the warmth and punch I needed.
Its a mistake to judge this player without experimenting with the settings and EQ, by default the settings probably have things you dont like turned on

Oct 28, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #705 of 7,541

so is the SQ any good?

I just want a comparison with x1,,,it must atleast be better than that to be even considered seriously
cool.gif

Iwill buy it even if it on par with x1 in sq even though i would pay double for 16 gb variant.Just for that ui and eq
L3000.gif

I should get the x1 by the end of the week(if european people are interested in the tour, plz go make yourself known to JoeBloggs on the X1 world tour's topic).
but I'm guessing ClieOS will have more interesting things to say than me later on, as he is a FIIO expert by now.

Quote:
L3000.gif

couldn't reproduce cracklings, not from the headphone out to my amp at max volume. and not by using a remote with a rheostat thingy between the headphone out and a headphone so that I could go at max volume without blowing my ears or the headphone. (even tried dynamic normalizer and bass boost to see if that would get me some extra points for clipping, but really nothing obvious). now it doesn't mean the sony will never be taken to fault, I may just not suck enough out of it with my mac gyver test.
 the HO maxed out seems a few DB louder than the LO(didn't measure but I'd say about maybe 5db from the passage I looped???)

on a side note, pretty much all the sony DAPs with that usb plug have had an analog line out with the proper cable. it's been like this for years. the new thing is that some now also have a digital out, and I'm still waitting on some courageous explorer to buy the sony otg cable (never remember the reference) and tell us if it's limited to sony DACs or if it works on other brands?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back