SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Oct 27, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #664 of 7,541
Oct 27, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #666 of 7,541

Comparisons with your AK120, Calyx M and AK10? :)

AK120 and Calyx M are priced much higher and therefore unfair, comparsion with AK10 I would take the A15 any day over Ak10. I will put the Ak10 onsale once I can find the original casing. I do not even know why anyone would buy the Ak10? It does not even sound better than ipod nano 7G!

I like Calyx M and it is my best DAP, Ak120 is really neutral and that makes it what some might consider boring. A15 has a nice balance to sounding detail and with the clear Bass to sound nice and warm. It has a great battery life and a much better UI than Ak120.

Oct 27, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #668 of 7,541
thank you so much, its thicker than I expected but still small enough to be in my consideration

I had this in my  pocket all day and I work in a constantly moving work environment and I can tell you it feels hardly there. It fits really good in hand.  I wish they used the old walkman navigation button but this one is okay too once you get used to it. 

What I miss is lack of FF and RW hard button on the side of the A15. No major problem in my view.

Right now I am enjoying it using Oroton EQ-8, not bad at all!

Oct 27, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #669 of 7,541
  I had this in my  pocket all day and I work in a constantly moving work environment and I can tell you it feels hardly there. It fits really good in hand.  I wish they used the old walkman navigation button but this one is okay too once you get used to it. 

What I miss is lack of FF and RW hard button on the side of the A15. No major problem in my view.

Ok couple of questions

1)Is it better than other walkmans??sans zx1 of course.Would be good if u can differentiate between android and non android ones.

2)Vs fiio?
biggrin.gif
x1,x3,x5???

Oct 27, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #670 of 7,541

thank you so much, its thicker than I expected but still small enough to be in my consideration

I also miss the side buttons, but I guess it would be a little dumb design wise, to put twice the number of buttons for the same purpose.
I hit less often the wrong button in my pocket than on my E585, so I guess giving up on mickey mouse's head design was a good thing.
to me not having to bother with another bulky stuff in my pants
rolleyes.gif
, and knowing that I don't even have to think about how much battery I have left, those are really making me enjoy my music. having no worry does improve the sound ^_^.

Oct 27, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #671 of 7,541
They should have kept this design, the D-pad was raised so I can feel the buttons through thin pants quite easily. 
Also when you pressed down you could search the artist, title and even year in 2 clicks. 
None of this scrolling albums BS this new one has.

Its the NWZ-A820 I have one exactly like this, its only 4GB with no SD or Flac, but I have it lined out to a Fiio E7 amplifier.
The beauty of the E7 is its 80hr battery life and dual headphone out. I just wish it sounded as good as my PHA-1 which only lasts 10hrs amped.

I'll be giving the NWZ-A820 + Fiio E7 combo as a Christmas gift to one of my brothers I think.

Oct 27, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #672 of 7,541
  They should have kept this design, the D-pad was raised so I can feel the buttons through thin pants quite easily. 

Its the NWZ-A820 I have one exactly like this, its only 4GB with no SD or Flac, but I have it lined out to a Fiio E6 amplifier.
The beauty of the E6 is its 80hr battery life and dual headphone out. I just wish it sounded as good as my PHA-1 which only lasts 10hrs amped.

kindly elaborate
blink.gif

Oct 27, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #674 of 7,541
  AK120 and Calyx M are priced much higher and therefore unfair, comparsion with AK10 I would take the A15 any day over Ak10. I will put the Ak10 onsale once I can find the original casing. I do not even know why anyone would buy the Ak10? It does not even sound better than ipod nano 7G!

I like Calyx M and it is my best DAP, Ak120 is really neutral and that makes it what some might consider boring. A15 has a nice balance to sounding detail and with the clear Bass to sound nice and warm. It has a great battery life and a much better UI than Ak120.

how would you compare the sony with the nano 7G ...the nano is not a bad sounding device as you know

Oct 27, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #675 of 7,541
Also when you pressed down you could search the artist, title and even year in 2 clicks. 
None of this scrolling albums BS this new one has.

Its the NWZ-A820 I have one exactly like this, its only 4GB with no SD or Flac, but I have it lined out to a Fiio E7 amplifier.
The beauty of the E7 is its 80hr battery life and dual headphone out. I just wish it sounded as good as my PHA-1 which only lasts 10hrs amped.

I'll be giving the NWZ-A820 + Fiio E7 combo as a Christmas gift to one of my brothers I think.

for me they will never make better buttons that this, they could make it in 10 years and it would still look mighty cool and be nice to use.

well it was hissing like mad, the jack plug was weak, the screen was like 15*100pixels or something ^_^, and you had to load music with sonic stage in atrac.... almost perfect 
biggrin.gif

but make this available today with drag&drop and 16giga and I'll buy 3 even if the sound suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back