SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Apr 30, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #4,411 of 7,541
That FF/REW feature has been in there since the first models xD

Also I think the kind of full shut down is like 12hrs of no use or button pressing. Since it is really doing nothing on stand by I'd be surprised if you would notice the difference in power consumption. I don't think you'd be saving an extra hour of music by making it less, in fact you'd probably be churning more power having to reload the ram with data. 

Today my A17 rebooted itself from nothing, was listening to some FLAC files and it shutdowna d rebooted, rebuilt the lib again and then I proceeded to play the same flac i was listening before and all went normally as nothing had happened
blink.gif

is the first time I noted this behaviour on my A10, reminded of conatnt reboots of my ex-fiio-x3

Apr 30, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #4,412 of 7,541
My A15 drives my insane, it wont recognize some genre tags. one "jazz" album is categorized as "divers", some "folk-rock" albums "folk/rock", another genre "unknown".  genres are being displayed correctly ij itunes and mp3tag. any idea how to fix this?

Apr 30, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #4,413 of 7,541
  My A15 drives my insane, it wont recognize some genre tags. one "jazz" album is categorized as "divers", some "folk-rock" albums "folk/rock", another genre "unknown".  genres are being displayed correctly ij itunes and mp3tag. any idea how to fix this?

as far as I know mine show my genres well, Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Medieval, Renaissance, I've always used mp3tag (note: I use FLAC).

Perhaps you have to check your tags (some software ahem ahem Windows media player like to mwess with the tags *cough*)
don't know what software are you isng for transferring tot eh walkman, I use MediaGo and doesn't touch my flac files (i've set therm as Read-Only)

Apr 30, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #4,414 of 7,541
maybe look that the ID3 tag on the problem songs is 2.3?

Apr 30, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #4,416 of 7,541
May 1, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #4,417 of 7,541

i fixed it. when syncing my itunes library to the microsd cardvia notpod  files with altered tag were not replaced. i had to delete the old files to have them replaced with the new ones.

i read about possible issues with the id3 version and had intended to convert everything to 2.3 but couldnt find a way to do it. i understood mp3tag could do this - but how?! 

May 1, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #4,418 of 7,541

I'm lucky of not using MP3 anymore... Thanks FLAC for being FAIL PROOF
gs1000.gif
  ah and Good sounding too

right now i have 100gb of alac files on my microsd card - 80gb 16Bit/44 (mostly cd-rips, some downloaded albums) and 20gb 24bit files. all the rest (mostly 256/320 mp3, some with minor quality like nick drake home recordings or beach boy smile versions) have to  stay off the device - no space left.. 

all my 24 bit files show cover art correctly, 16 bit about 50% only. trying to fix that now.

i had an a15 in november and sent it back then, decided  to use my nexus 5 for music. then hated that solution and ordered a fiio x1 first but got mad about the scroll wheel - back on a5 now and loving it (besides those tag issues...)

i was lucky with my 128gb card btw: i had just decided to buy it on amazon.de for 77€ or so, then bumped into some sort of short time offer and got it for 67€. 

May 1, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #4,419 of 7,541

i fixed it. when syncing my itunes library to the microsd cardvia notpod  files with altered tag were not replaced. i had to delete the old files to have them replaced with the new ones.

i read about possible issues with the id3 version and had intended to convert everything to 2.3 but couldnt find a way to do it. i understood mp3tag could do this - but how?! 

if what I explain doesn't seem clear enough, I suggest you duplicate a few files and practice on a copy first.
wink_face.gif

tool/option/tag if for mp3, you go to the mpeg tab if not the next one.
there you have the read/write/remove categories:
in "write" you obviously check where you want the tags to be saved, so for sony you check v2.3 and that's all. now you close that pop up, you select the files you want to change simply click on the "save" button(first on the left). that will copy any tag data the file possessed into the id3v2.3.

if you notice you also have V1 tags and wish to remove them(I don't remember if it's a problem with sony TBH), you go back to options, and in the "remove" section you check V1(obviously if you also check V2 you will delete all your tags so be careful with that ^_^), and same thing you select the files you want to change, and just click the "delete tags" button(the red cross). that will delete the stuff you checked for removal but not the rest of the tags, so again be careful, but no reason to be paranoid. now it might be a good idea to do that only after you saved everything in 2.3 with what I explain in the first step ^_^.

May 1, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #4,422 of 7,541
Having used iProducts for ages i never understood that hate for iTunes, everything worked flawless with my prior iDevices (starting with the original iPod 5GB back in 2002). Other than my nwz-a15 did iTunes and all my iPods and my iPhone eat all kinds of cover files in every file size, so why cant Sony do that and which system is the crappy one then? i surely wont manually go through hundreds of embedded cover files to check and change file size and type... or is there any software doing that automatically?

May 1, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #4,425 of 7,541
Having used iProducts for ages i never understood that hate for iTunes, everything worked flawless with my prior iDevices (starting with the original iPod 5GB back in 2002). Other than my nwz-a15 did iTunes and all my iPods and my iPhone eat all kinds of cover files in every file size, so why cant Sony do that and which system is the crappy one then? i surely wont manually go through hundreds of embedded cover files to check and change file size and type... or is there any software doing that automatically?

I leave my iTunes files that were painstakingly collected all those years with full color art for my iDevices.
Then for my newer high Rez music which I use on other DAPs, I just ignore the fact that most of them don't have cover art.
Life is too short to bother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back