SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Apr 27, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #4,381 of 7,541
So AK released the AK Jr...
Then the A10 is the ZX Jr from Sony
dt880smile.png

Apr 28, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #4,384 of 7,541
Cheap iGadgitz flip case for A10 arrived today

Just need to get rid of that belt loop now and get used to using the' hold' switch when its in your pocket unless you like random track changes !

Apr 28, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #4,385 of 7,541
Just need to get rid of that belt loop now and get used to using the' hold' switch when its in your pocket unless you like random track changes !

I won't use the case's belt loop but I will use the carabiner for my trousers' belt loops.

Apr 28, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #4,386 of 7,541

Actually it's not that hard as it looks. Both ends are sewed and all you need to do is cut the thin threads. I first cut the loop at both ends close to the case body to be able to work easily. Then took a knife as thin as possible to get between the loop edges and the case body. Rest is easy, just give it a try. 

Apr 28, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #4,387 of 7,541
a couple of days now using Fiio E11 amp with the walkman to see if any improvements .... well 
i don't have the line out cable yet .. so i used the headphone out >> small interconnect cable >> the headphone amp!

@gerelmx1986 recommended me the Vol. 24 as it is the most accurate resemblance to the line out level .. so i tried it at and around that level .....

headphones used : shure se-535 & AKG k171 mkII ..bad that i don't have any headphones else ! 

the improvements :
more volume and driving power ( i think this is obvious 
rolleyes.gif
 ) 
/ most importantly the sound become more effortless and slightly more warm but not the fiio X3 warmness of course ! its effortlessness and slight added warmness makes it more musical and i     found myself shaking my head and legs more ... the sound seems more enjoyable .

the downside :
 - less clarity ... the sound from the headphone out directly is higher clarity and resolution  ... i think this is normal .. and this walkman requires a higher end amp with higher clarity and transparency .
- added hiss and noise ... the headphone out is quieter than the E11 .

the end result :
i find myself preferring the more clarity and resolution from the headphone out ... at the same time the player is quite musical and nice sounding on its own ... and the added bulk of the interconnect cable and amp and sacrificing the awesome portability of the player keeps me of ... may be with smaller and higher class amp i would change my mind (RSA the shadow - Pico slim - headstage arrow ) ...
i am enjoying the player as it is for now and just hooking it to the amp from time to time 
wink.gif

Apr 28, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #4,388 of 7,541
  a couple of days now using Fiio E11 amp with the walkman to see if any improvements .... well 
i don't have the line out cable yet .. so i used the headphone out >> small interconnect cable >> the headphone amp!

@gerelmx1986 recommended me the Vol. 24 as it is the most accurate resemblance to the line out level .. so i tried it at and around that level .....

headphones used : shure se-535 & AKG k171 mkII ..bad that i don't have any headphones else ! 

the improvements :
rolleyes.gif
 ) 
/ most importantly the sound become more effortless and slightly more warm but not the fiio X3                          warmness of course ! its effortlessness and slight added warmness makes it more musical and i                        found myself shaking my head and legs more ... the sound seems more enjoyable .

the downside :
 - less clarity ... the sound from the headphone out directly is higher clarity and resolution  ... i think this is normal .. and this walkman requires a higher end amp with higher clarity and transparency .

the end result :
i find myself preferring the more clarity and resolution from the headphone out ... at the same time the player is quite musical and nice sounding on its own ... and the added bulk of the interconnect cable and amp and sacrificing the awesome portability of the player keeps me of ... may be with smaller and higher class amp i would change my mind (RSA the shadow - Pico slim - headstage arrow ) ...
i am enjoying the player as it is for now and just hooking it to the amp from time to time 
wink.gif

Nice setup

Apr 28, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #4,389 of 7,541
Apr 28, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #4,390 of 7,541

the improvements :
rolleyes.gif
 ) 
/ most importantly the sound become more effortless and slightly more warm but not the fiio X3                          warmness of course ! its effortlessness and slight added warmness makes it more musical and i                        found myself shaking my head and legs more ... the sound seems more enjoyable .

the downside :

the end result :
wink.gif

not cool to have more hiss from the amp  that's half of my reason to use an amp with IEMs :frowning2:
if you end up going for another amp one day, as a general rule for sensitive IEMs, I suggest either one that can have a negative gain, or one with digitally controlled volume. in both instances you can avoid channel imbalance from going too low with the volume knob.
might not seem like much but it's been my main problem with portable amps and real sensitive IEMs so far(also one or 2 that had hiss, and only one didn't have below 1ohm impedance). but for the most part, amps are cool.

Apr 28, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #4,391 of 7,541

not cool to have more hiss from the amp  that's half of my reason to use an amp with IEMs :frowning2:
if you end up going for another amp one day, as a general rule for sensitive IEMs, I suggest either one that can have a negative gain, or one with digitally controlled volume. in both instances you can avoid channel imbalance from going too low with the volume knob.
might not seem like much but it's been my main problem with portable amps and real sensitive IEMs so far(also one or 2 that had hiss, and only one didn't have below 1ohm impedance). but for the most part, amps are cool.

yes, thanks for the advice ... in general hiss don't bother me and i don't mind it ... but of course amp without hiss is better than with !
wink.gif

Apr 29, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #4,392 of 7,541
So today my A16 from Hong Kong arrived. I bougth it from accessoryjack. 
Browsing through the settings i ve spottetd the infamous avls Setting.My unit lacks the CE marking thats  why i am curious .Avls is only a EU implementation so why do i see those settings.Now i am afraid my A16 has  avls implmented . Is there a certain way to determine wether my unit got avls or not?

Apr 29, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #4,393 of 7,541
So today my A16 from Hong Kong arrived. I bougth it from accessoryjack. 
Browsing through the settings i ve spottetd the infamous avls Setting.My unit lacks the CE marking thats  why i am curious .Avls is only a EU implementation so why do i see those settings.Now i am afraid my A16 has  avls implmented . Is there a certain way to determine wether my unit got avls or not?

Hi there,

AVLS and EU max. volume restriction are two different implementations. You should not worry, as the latter applies only to those units, which are meant to be sold in countries of the EU.

Also, the Walkman i'm using was purchased from AccessoryJack, everything is working as it should.

Enjoy your new audio player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 29, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #4,394 of 7,541
Hi there,

AVLS and EU max. volume restriction are two different implementations. You should no worry, as the latter applies only to those units, which are meant to be sold in countries of the EU.

Also, the Walkman i'm using was purchased from AccessoryJack, everything is working as it should.

Enjoy your new audio player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank your for the input, now i am relieved.

i ll enjoy it wholeheartedly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back