SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Apr 25, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #4,368 of 7,541
Sorry, as i don't own any headphone amplifiers, i can't answer that question.

Question nr. 2: As far as i can tell, it can be used as long as it has all the necessary pins (for left and right audio channels - both for audio recording/playing).

Hint: http://m.instructables.com/id/LineOut-cable-for-sony-walkman-with-wm-port/step2/Choosing-a-resistor-and-pin-info/

874b0ff493d9cc67cf5a97bb28bd8c23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you're not confident with soldering I wouldn't advise any of this. the the "pins" on the plug are pretty close from each other.

Thank you for the info and advice, I don't think I'll try it myself.
Was looking at either the FiiO L50 WM port to 3.5mm jack - or do you think one of the e-bay adaptors: WM port with 3.5mm input (female?) as I have a good quality iBasso 3.5mm-3.5mm connector?

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #4,369 of 7,541
I can't say it's a problem with the battery yet because when I play normally I do get 70 hours with regular 320 MP3 within the week.
Something is draining the battery when powering it off for a number of days (14 days in my case)
I know when you power if off its actually on standby and if you don't touch for 24 hours it automatically shuts down. So maybe I should power it off and check the battery right before 24 hours to see if there's any drainage.

The battery on mine drains as well if i dont use it for 2 weeks compared to my ipod nano i can leave it for a month and it still has battery left ...

Apr 25, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #4,370 of 7,541
  The battery on mine drains as well if i dont use it for 2 weeks compared to my ipod nano i can leave it for a month and it still has battery left ...

I haven't tested mine for sure as i use it daily

Apr 25, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #4,371 of 7,541
@Beninnzorjp:
I think you should have no problems trying out and using that adaptor (WM Port + 3,5 mm female jack input) from eBay, as long as its quality meets your expectations.

Apr 27, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #4,372 of 7,541

I bought the iGadgitz case and mutilated it 
biggrin.gif
   I don't think it looks that bad. 
beyersmile.png

Apr 27, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #4,373 of 7,541
Thanks Zolti, just wondering if another plug might be a weak link in the chain.
Just to confirm that this line-out bypasses the A15's amp so the player volume is not active?

Apr 27, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #4,374 of 7,541

Thank you for the info and advice, I don't think I'll try it myself.
Was looking at either the FiiO L50 WM port to 3.5mm jack - or do you think one of the e-bay adaptors: WM port with 3.5mm input (female?) as I have a good quality iBasso 3.5mm-3.5mm connector?

I think WM port with 3.5mm input would be a safer choice. If you buy FiiO L5 or another adapter like that, you don't have much to do if their cables fail.  

Apr 27, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #4,375 of 7,541
As The Walrus suggested. Also if you know someone with good soldering skills, the cable you own can be modified, so you could at least try out if you want to go with the headphone (?) amplifier route.

Apr 27, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #4,376 of 7,541
Thanks Zolti, just wondering if another plug might be a weak link in the chain.
Just to confirm that this line-out bypasses the A15's amp so the player volume is not active?

volume isn't active with the line out. now saying that it doesn't bypass the amp is kind of tricky given how sony implements his stuff. we could almost say that the LO isn't amped, and so isn't the HO ^_^.

Apr 27, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #4,378 of 7,541
Apr 27, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #4,379 of 7,541

I bought the iGadgitz case and mutilated it 
biggrin.gif
   I don't think it looks that bad. 
beyersmile.png

I see you removed the fairly useless and bulky belt loop. Nice one, might do this myself although I'll probably destroy the whole thing trying !

Don't now whether you've tried putting it in jeans/trouser pocket  playing, I find I need to use the hold button or it changes track every time you move or sit down. Depending on tightness of your kegs, mind. 

Apr 27, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #4,380 of 7,541

I see you removed the fairly useless and bulky belt loop. Nice one, might do this myself although I'll probably destroy the whole thing trying !

Don't now whether you've tried putting it in jeans/trouser pocket  playing, I find I need to use the hold button or it changes track every time you move or sit down. Depending on tightness of your kegs, mind. 

Yep, that's a problem. I put it in my pocket mostly in the gym, but as you said I have to put it on hold. I guess if in the pocket of jeans it would be worse... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back