SONY NWZ-A10 Series
May 1, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #4,428 of 7,541
I was OCD too when my lossy files were on iTunes, as the whole iPod iTunes ecosystem was such a revelation. So what I have on iTunes is still 100% complete in terms of cover art, genre classification, spelling of all song titles, etc.

As my collection grew exponentially for FLAC and DSD, it was impossible to keep up, and knowing that different DAPs handled cover art etc differently, I just didn't bother. In any event, certain apps like PowerAmp on my ZX-1 could find a good 3/4 of the cover art so that was fine with me.

The truth though is that I am now a whole album listener most of the time so I rarely need to look at the screen of my A15 or ZX-1 once an album started.

May 1, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #4,429 of 7,541
the weird thing about removing the covers for a homogenic experience was: some covers stayed, whatever i tried to get rid of them. 
blink.gif

May 1, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #4,430 of 7,541
Life is the longest thing you'll do, but maybe I am OCD about a perfect 16/44 Flac collection XD

Multiple cover arts could be an issue too. I only need the front.

My 16/44.1 and 24-bit FLACs are perfectly tagged. Artist, Album name, Track #, Genre (use classical muaic genres such as baoque, Romantic, etc), Composer (despite sony players don't show this rag, Mediago searches by it) ald front cover, I have also unrelated to the tagging of the files, the booklet as PDF

May 1, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #4,432 of 7,541

right now i have 100gb of alac files on my microsd card - 80gb 16Bit/44 (mostly cd-rips, some downloaded albums) and 20gb 24bit files. all the rest (mostly 256/320 mp3, some with minor quality like nick drake home recordings or beach boy smile versions) have to  stay off the device - no space left.. 

all my 24 bit files show cover art correctly, 16 bit about 50% only. trying to fix that now.

i had an a15 in november and sent it back then, decided  to use my nexus 5 for music. then hated that solution and ordered a fiio x1 first but got mad about the scroll wheel - back on a5 now and loving it (besides those tag issues...)

i was lucky with my 128gb card btw: i had just decided to buy it on amazon.de for 77€ or so, then bumped into some sort of short time offer and got it for 67€. 

I have total 700GB of lossless (100%) of that 99% is 16/44 and 1% is 24-bit arround 40GB, have all my files with covers all display good, unless one of those are progressive jpeg, i did a thread of sony walkman tips and tricks

May 1, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #4,433 of 7,541
Can't say there is an automated software.

DbPowerAmp into FLAC then Flacsquisher into 320mp3 for lesser devices.

Using file types like alac just feel icky.

lol why, it is just a different name for the same thing basically. 

ALAC i iscky infact it has no CRC checksums like FLAC does, wiht those CRC's i can run dbpoweramp and check flac integrity for corruption issues (i have a backup mirrored), i can't afford to loose such a precious music collection from years of downloading
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #4,435 of 7,541
Haha, no worries... I didnt miss any checksums yet, should this happen one day i could still convert my alacs to flac in no time and afaik with no loss, so i really dont see a problem here.

i will check for folder images though, thanks for the hint!

and for the tips & tricks thread, too, thanks.

May 1, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #4,436 of 7,541
  lo-fi in name and lo-fi in files. xD 

No offence bro.

Yes
biggrin.gif
 i noted that too

Yeah i know alac is lossless and my dad is converting his msuic from alac to flac with dbpower, it took 3 days to convert his 2TB collection
basshead.gif
  My dad had the ALAC problem of corruption not being detetcted with CRC checking, until he began converting to FLAC, fortunately it was classical music i had as flac in well condition

May 1, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #4,438 of 7,541
  i just wanted to ask this, you guys know alac is as lossless as flac, dont you? same 16 bit 44khz.

Yes it is but has no Data-corruption prevention, i have had a corrupt flac file and it played fine on VLC, tought skipped the "wrong part" had to buy it on presto classical e-shop

My Boyfriend asked me why some day my fiio got a reboot and well turned i did a bad transfer of the flac and the error was too great for the fiio to handle and it just crashed, checked my hard drive and it was fine

May 1, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #4,439 of 7,541
@lo-fi-head

FLAC VS ALAC depends if you are a mac user and have iDevices use appele lossless, but if you have win/linux even mac but don't have iDevices is betetr to use flac

Onething i can say to lo-fi-head is that flac saves more space than alac, per albym is arround 10 to 15MB less in flac than their alac equivalent (more efficient algorithm)

May 1, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #4,440 of 7,541
  @lo-fi-head

FLAC VS ALAC depends if you are a mac user and have iDevices use appele lossless, but if you have win/linux even mac but don't have iDevices is betetr to use flac

Onething i can say to lo-fi-head is that flac saves more space than alac, per albym is arround 10 to 15MB less in flac than their alac equivalent (more efficient algorithm)

Yes i know that. I was coming from macbook, iPods and iPhone which left me no choice until now. Now i have a samsung netbook, nexus 5 and sony a15, so i could go with flac, but i dont feel like switching right now.

edit: and i dont see an alternative to itunes right now.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back