SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Mar 22, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #3,796 of 7,541
  thanks ... all in all i ordered it and planning to use the eq and clear bass options .... all what i am caring about is its treble ... as i used F806 before and that one had king of metallic and sharp treble which i didn't like ... hope that the new A series is different ..
does it benefit from burning in for its POSCAPs or what ? 

I have not heard any effect of burn-in on my A15. The treble is a bit grainy, though I won't go as far as calling it metallic or sharp. It is pretty normal for DAP of this level to have slightly grainy treble and A15 certainly isn't better or worst than its class.

Mar 22, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #3,797 of 7,541

I have not heard any effect of burn-in on my A15. The treble is a bit grainy, though I won't go as far as calling it metallic or sharp. It is pretty normal for DAP of this level to have slightly grainy treble and A15 certainly isn't better or worst than its class.

Have you used the PHA 3 at all? Mine is due here on Tuesday along with a set of Z7s so I'm looking forward to that. I was just curious what you thought of the SQ of the PHA 3 if you've had a chance to hear it.

Mar 22, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #3,798 of 7,541
Anyone can recommend a small amp for the a10?

— Size wise, I would be happy if it would be similar or just a tag bigger than the a10.

- Treble boost & Surround could be nice, but not a must.

- Digital input could be nice as well, but not a must.

- Plan to use 40 ohm IEM so power shouldn't be an issue...

Right now I have the C&C BH2, nice, small, but would like cleaner sound, lower hiss & better resolution alternative.

Heard of the Pico Slim - though no boost at all nor any digital input. If anyone tried I would be happy to know how those pair....

Thanks,
G.

as always it's a problem of size/battery/price/sound compromise.
the pico slim is clearly as great a form factor/battery as you can expect to get. the hiss as I said is going to go down. I used one with previous sony DAPs and it was a really neat combo, the volume setting being what it is(digital control) noise tends to go up as you increase volume. making in practice the pico pretty much noiseless with IEMs(just don't expect to drive headphones much). but for the money you could get some pretty great amp instead. you pay the size a lot. so it's your decision that matters (and your wallet maybe ^_^)

if you really want clean transparent sound, I would suggest a leckerton UHA6mkII it's certainly a nice sound/money amp as long as you don't have too demanding headphones. but the form factor doesn't really go well with the sony(I have the UHA760, same size that you can see with it in my A10 review). and no bass/trebles boost.

compromises!!!!

Mar 22, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #3,799 of 7,541

Have you used the PHA 3 at all? Mine is due here on Tuesday along with a set of Z7s so I'm looking forward to that. I was just curious what you thought of the SQ of the PHA 3 if you've had a chance to hear it.

Tried briefly once on an audio show last year (with a Z7 no less). As far as I remember, I thought it is pretty good overall, though not as good as my iDSD micro. Again, it is a very brief trial so nothing concrete to speak of.

Mar 22, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #3,800 of 7,541
I think it also depends a lot on which headphones are being used....

i am using mainly my shure SE-535 and it is not known for the edgy or bright treble at all !! and still heard that weird metallic treble with them and the walkman F806 !!! 

What i've been telling him.... friday tried some colleague's Sony XB line headphones (extra Bass) to my surprise "extr bass" yes in quotes, no bass and the high's were so harsh, i could discern the harpsichord so clearly but in a war that seemed boosted too much.

Contrastong y MDR-1R havemore mellow, soft sounding trebble, main reason i switched Freiburger Barokorchester Tafelmusik (cembalo wasn't clear) with Musica Amphion, peter jan belder rendition of tafel musik

May be the seal is not right ?

wish so ... i did suffer from that type of treble only from the F806 !! .... but i am fine with the ipod's , sansa clip + and Fiio X3 treble even with my Lumia 920 treble ... if it will have their treble in term of quality i will be very happy 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 22, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #3,801 of 7,541
as always it's a problem of size/battery/price/sound compromise.
the pico slim is clearly as great a form factor/battery as you can expect to get. the hiss as I said is going to go down. I used one with previous sony DAPs and it was a really neat combo, the volume setting being what it is(digital control) noise tends to go up as you increase volume. making in practice the pico pretty much noiseless with IEMs(just don't expect to drive headphones much). but for the money you could get some pretty great amp instead. you pay the size a lot. so it's your decision that matters (and your wallet maybe ^_^)

if you really want clean transparent sound, I would suggest a leckerton UHA6mkII it's certainly a nice sound/money amp as long as you don't have too demanding headphones. but the form factor doesn't really go well with the sony(I have the UHA760, same size that you can see with it in my A10 review). and no bass/trebles boost.

compromises!!!!

Wasn't familiar with those - both look very nice!

Will check, Thanks,
G.

Mar 22, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #3,802 of 7,541

— Size wise, I would be happy if it would be similar or just a tag bigger than the a10.

Right now I have the C&C BH2, nice, small, but would like cleaner sound, lower hiss & better resolution alternative.

Heard of the Pico Slim - though no boost at all nor any digital input. If anyone tried I would be happy to know how those pair....

Thanks,
G.

mmm Topping NX1??? perhaps

Mar 22, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #3,804 of 7,541

Thanks,
G.

take a look : http://www.headphonia.com/Arrow-5TX/Headstage-Arrow-5TX::10144.html?XTCsid=d7880923f5e1118df765270940a8a501 

Mar 22, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #3,805 of 7,541
Mar 22, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #3,806 of 7,541
it was a genuine question. I don't know the nx1, only that it's ludicrously cheap.

Mar 23, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #3,807 of 7,541
  it was a genuine question. I don't know the nx1, only that it's ludicrously cheap.

wel on tha one you have a point too cheap to be true 
biggrin.gif
according to spatzi. But for being sure i will get the Ha-2

LOL super lol, was browsing my music collection.. fixed some tracks out of position... bad names in my Telemann Collection, reaching almost 110 CDs (the names were it self not bad but lacked TWV numbers) and the LOL factor... had 10 albums where all tracks were No. 1...
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #3,809 of 7,541
Mar 23, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #3,810 of 7,541
guys ... there is a review .. but in japanes and the google translator works very bad with it !! ... wish if someone who know japanes translates the ( sound quality section ) in this review ...
http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/review/review/20141023_671278.html 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back